• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big Brother: DGames Edition: Sold2 Evicted! HoH 8pm EST!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Welcome to SWF's first ever Big Brother competition! I am your host J and my fellow co-host will be Zen. The premise of this game is a very simple one. To be the last one standing in the house. We will be attempting to create a very similar show that is shown on tv. The way to win is through a series of competitions, intense social game, and a bit of luck to be the sole house member left in the game.

(These rules totally aren't skeleton'd from Mayling's Survivor game but tweaked)

Fundamentals:

1.) Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner.
2.) Once you have been voted out of the game, you are allowed to make one post that can contain anything you would like. The post’s word limit is 30 words. In essence, this is an elaborate "bah" post. The only time restriction is that you must post this before the next immunity challenge begins.
4.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
5.) I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up.
6.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake.
7.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is ALLOWED provided you explain it to the Mod.
8.) You may not quote logs of communication of any sort.
9.) I reserve the right to change any of these rules, but I will make an announcement in doing so and make sure everyone understands.

Rules/Precedures:

1) a) There are several implements in this game that depend on The Honor Code. We stress that when we start running this game then you follow all the rules and do not cheat. For instance, if there is an immunity challenge that is trivia-based, we don’t want you to google it; we want you to base it on your own knowledge. It’s not a game of “who can find the information online quickest” but rather challenging your own knowledge. Furthermore, you may not ask people irl for help either. This is based on you!
b) If it is found out you are cheating, it will be made publicly known, people will laugh at you because you are such a loser, and you will be blacklisted from any further games I plan on hosting.

2) Communication.
a) You are allowed to talk out of game. However, a quicktopic has been created for each player. This will be called your Diary Room entry quick-topic. b.) You must post in this quick-topic at least once a day. It can be from a one-line post to a whole slew of things. It is your diary that no one will be able to read.
c.) If you talk with someone, you MUST log the information into the quicktopic I’ve given you. Because each person must log the information, it should be replicates and we will be able to determine discrepancies. So honor the honor system! Furthermore, there will be an additional quicktopic created for those who are voted off the island. After you have been voted out, you will receive the link to that quicktopic, and thus are allowed to communicate with them and watch the game reveal. People who are not playing the game will also be chilling there.

**Important note** People in the quick-topic may have an impact on the game so be wary of that

Also the quicktopics will be made public at the end of the game for funsies.

Additionally, if I warn you three times about not logging your conversation, you will become inviable for MVP.

d.) Every now and then, I will "turn off" your ability to communicate with other players. For instance, during challenges and tribal council I will announce if you cannot speak with other players. Until I "turn on" your ability to speak with others outside of game, you are not allowed to speak with them.

3) Initial Startup:
a) First off, we will have sign ups. To sign up, post interest in the thread saying that you are interested in playing the game.
b) Once signups are completed, there will be a 24 hour time period for players to talk in thread and communicate with the mod privately concerning questions. You may ask questions inside and outside the thread, depending on whether or not you want your question public. However, keep side-talk to a minimum during this time.
c) You must make one post introducing yourself. You can say anything and it can be as long or short as you want it to be. I suggest that you include a way to contact yourself outside of SWF pming, such as your Skype or AIM or e-mail, so people might contact you for possible alliances! We will include these introductory paragraphs in the opening post.
d) Furthermore, people will log a time they are available EST. If you are not EST, you are responsible for converting it! Once we do our best to find a common time, I will try to give a time period in which Head of Household and Veto Competitions will occur. This must be completed within 24 hours of the announcement.
f) Once the 24 hours has passed, we will begin game play.

4) Gameplay
a) The game will begin with a Head of Household competition. The type of challenges will vary. The Head of Household will be announced 24 hours ahead of when it takes place or usually after the Eviction.

b) The Head of Household will take place, and the winner will be given immunity. After this, there will be a time period for players to talk about anything; they can argue who should be voted out for whatever reason they want, they can do idle conversation, whatever fancies your mind. However, note whatever you say will effect your gameplay! However, in the end the Head of Household gets to decide which two people will be up for eviction from the game. After 24 hours have passed, the HoH will make their decision who they will be nominating.

Example:

J wins HoH! He has won immunity and gets to choose who is nominated this week.

*24 hours later*

J has nominated Sang and Zen for eviction this week!

c) After the nominations are made known, The Power of Veto Competition will happen 48 hours after this decision. The Veto competition takes place with 6 people competeting in the contest of whatever it may be. The HoH will compete, the 2 nominees, and three people chosen at random draw. Whoever wins the Power of Veto has the power to remove one of the nominations and is safe from being nominated that week. However, if a nominee is removed, the HoH must choose a replacement nominee. The player who wins the Power of Veto competition will have to decide whether they will use the power or not. They will have 1 hour to decide this.

Example:

J wins the Power of Veto! He has the ability to change the nominations!

J chooses to remove Sang from the chopping block and put up HipsterSister.

After the Power of Veto meeting, there will be a 24 hour grace period to discuss who should be evicted. After that 24 hour period, the thread will be locked and players may not talk with one another!

The votes will be private, PMed to to this account. All votes will be sent privately to this account, but revealed during the end of voting period. When you send in your vote, include anything you want to say. This information is not immediately given to everyone. However, this will be revealed at the end of the game for fun, so be thoughtful of what you say!

In case of a tie, the HoH decides who leaves the house.

In the end, there will be 5 days in each cycle.

5) Head of Household/Power of Veto competitions:
a) In a sense, the immunity challenges are “live.” I will set a time for when immunity challenges will occur, and it is up to you to be looking at the thread if you wish to participate. Technically, you don’t have to participate in the immunity challenges, but that is probably where half the fun comes from in this game! Furthermore, don’t think you have to win immunity to win the game. A lot of people have won actual Survivor without ever winning immunity!
b) After the time has been set, the theme of the immunity challenge will be given, along with what the competition is.
c) The competition challenge rules will also be posted. Because the competition challenges will be varying, then what occurs will also be varying.
Example immunity challenge!
“The next immunity challenge will occur at 6:00pm!”
6:00pm rolls about....
“Okay, gang. The theme of this immunity challenge is Name That Lyric! The first to five points will be given the immunity idol! Please ask questions within the next five minutes!”
Questions will be asked. Five minutes will pass. The immunity challenge will begin.
“First lyric: I’m never going to give you up, I’m never going to let you down.”
Whoever guesses the lyric first or 5 minutes has passed will either be given a point or the question will be forfeited.
Someone reaches 5 points. “Good job Player X! You have been given the Power of Veto! The Power of Veto Meeting will occur at 6:00pm EST tomorrow! Goodnight!”

6) Jury.
a) Once we are down to 9 players, after that if you are voted off YOU REMAIN IN THE GAME. Once there are two players, the 7 players will vote for who they WANT to win. There will be a tribal council that is actually a Jury Council. I will inform you more details when we reach this stage.

The first 6 people voted off will no longer have anything to do with this game, unless if they want to keep up with it which they are free to do. I will create a quicktopic for them and they can talk amongst those 6. They cannot talk with those remaining in the game.

Once it is down to 9, every one person will continue to play in the game. Once you are voted out during that time, you will move on to a "jury." The jury will consist of 7 people, and those 7 people will vote for the winner of the game, which are the two remaining players. The jury will also have a quicktopic created for them, and the jury can talk amongst themselves, but no longer with anyone in the game, and not with the 6 voted out before them.

The way the winner of the game is decided is like so:

After the top 3 is figured out, there will be a three part Head of Household competition. The winner of the first part of the HoH competition is sealed into the final part of the HoH competition. The second part will eliminate one of the other two from the HoH competition and the remaining two will battle it out. The winner of the HoH must than choose the last person to evict and become the last member of the jury.

Other.
a) There will be no replacements. Once you are in this game, it is a commitment. You are expected to play through the game, as in the end you vote for someone to win. Therefore if you join this game, please be respectful of others and the efforts they put into this game just as much as you. Just because you don’t do well in challenges doesn’t mean you can’t succeed in the game. If you are not enjoying yourself and wish to quit the game, please inform me asap so I can simply modkill you rather than you cancer up the game.

b) This is the second Survivor esque game run in this way. Because of this, instant judgment calls may be made and given the experience I've had with this type of game (ie, none) it may not turn out fairly. I will try to give my utmost fair ruling in all cases and try to remain neutral in all arguments/discussions, but try to be patient with me. If there is an issue, PM me first.

c) Zen will be helping me Mod, but I will be doing it from this account. This is because our Axel account doesn't come with much PM space.

DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME IF YOU ARE GOING TO QUIT IN THE MIDDLE. IT WILL SERIOUSLY EFFECT HOW THE GAME PLAYS OUT! Sorry, but if you decide to play this game and are voted out after there are 9 people left, you are still effectively playing and must read the thread to make your final decision.

Prize!

The winner of this game will get an MvP as per usual and possibly another prize yet to be determined for a later date! (most likely premium membership if things go according to plan)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Introductions!

Joey - Friendly Gay Guy
Lolilovesrain - Sex Crazed Girl
Vinyl. - 24/7 Anime Loving Brony
Swiss - The Grudgeful Bloke (Times available)
Gheb - The Cautious Tactician
BadWolf - The Limited Ponyholic
Rake - The Hardworking Nerd
Tricky - The Listening Newbie
Soup - Knowledgable Fighter
Swords - Chilled Intelligence
Kataefi - Random Chatter
Ryker - Prideful Warrior
Xonar - The Gaming Dutch
Sold2 - The Lovable Country Drop-out
Tandora - The Rusty All-Star

Week 1:

Soup won HoH!
He nominated Tandora and Gheb!
Tandora won PoV!
Soup nominated Tricky as a replacement!
Gheb was evicted!

Week 2:

Tandora won HoH!
She nominated Swiss and Kataefi!
Vinyl. evicted himself from the game!
Swiss won PoV!
Tandora nominated Xonar as a replacement!
Xonar was evicted!

Week 3:

Ryker wins HoH!
He nominated Tandora and Sold2!
Tandora wins PoV!
Joey evicted himself from the game!
Ryker nominated Tricky as a replacement!
Sold2 was evicted!

Week 4:

Stay Tuned!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have three sign-ups right now.

1. Swiss
2. Ryker
3. Lolilovesrain (PM'd me)

Twelve more slots to go.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i am posting my interest in being given access to all the quick topics as a spectator so i can watch everyone backstab each other preferably in the most grimy ways possible

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i am posting my interest in being given access to all the quick topics as a spectator so i can watch everyone backstab each other preferably in the most grimy ways possible

And a reason why I chosen to host this has appeared. xD

Not really, but it certainly will be interesting to see play out. I would love to play in this sort of game again but I thought hosting it would be cool.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I love games like these. Count me /interested.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have three sign-ups right now.

1. Swiss
2. Ryker
3. Lolilovesrain (PM'd me)
4. Kataefi
5. Xonar
6. Trickey Shadowe
7. Sworddancer.
8. Soup
9. Joey
10. Gheb
11. BadWolf
12. Sold2

Twelve more slots to go.
We have 3 more slots before I can start this up!

@Gheb: Just a heads up, some of the competitions may happen on skype so yeah. ^^"

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's a shame this won't happen IRL.

Then again, being an ESL that would be annoying for me. I'm good at talking (and deceiving)... in Dutch :(

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Of course, unless you make it to Jury than I can't do that Joey. ;P

I'd love for this to be IRL but whatcha gonna do?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
/in

But I request that immunities not be on Mondays. I usually have something then that has higher priority.

Thanks to Joey for telling me about this. <3

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Tanny tanny tanny tanny tanny tanny tanny tanny <3 <3 <3 oh my gosh I'm so excited now! :3.

(also added you BadWolf :p)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You do not know how happy I am you are playing in this Tanny dear. Me and Joey were talking and hoping you would play and just fantastic.

2 more spots are left!

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I recommend if possible that you try to pick one day and time and make that the weekly challenge. Much like a tv time slot if you will. It makes it much easier for everyone to be present and less likely to miss due to conflicting schedules.

My contact id is tandoravonsydow on AIM which is most reliable and tandora on Skype which I'll try to be good about using for this game. I also use FB, if that is better for people for contacting.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The timing's will most likely be later and after I get everyone's schedules I can do a time map of when will be best for the majority of players.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J said:
b) Once signups are completed, there will be a 24 hour time period for players to talk in thread and communicate with the mod privately concerning questions. You may ask questions inside and outside the thread, depending on whether or not you want your question public. However, keep side-talk to a minimum during this time.

c) You must make one post introducing yourself. You can say anything and it can be as long or short as you want it to be. I suggest that you include a way to contact yourself outside of SWF pming, such as your Skype or AIM or e-mail, so people might contact you for possible alliances! We will include these introductory paragraphs in the opening post.
We will be doing this when two more people sign up so no rushing to figure out a day/contact info just yet. ;P

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Last game both Vandy and Swiss were playing and a time was figured out so I feel we can do just as much for this game hopefully.

Top Bottom