• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 22: Cave Story - Game Over!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Hello mafia players, new and old, and welcome to...
Cave Story [Doukutso Monogatari] Mafia!

Fundamental Rules:
  • Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others. This includes personal attacks.
  • The Game Moderator is John2k4 and all official information and rulings will come directly from the Game Moderator. Any appointed Co-Moderators by the Game Moderator may do so as well. J is your Co-Mod.
  • To direct a question at a Game Mod, use the following format: @Mod:
  • Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will result in a MOD vote. MOD votes last until the end of the current Day phase.
  • Unless your role specifically states otherwise, you may not converse with any other players outside the thread, dead or alive.
  • Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator. You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words! Posting your Role PM or any form of mod communication will result in an immediate modkill.
  • You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
  • The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  • Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.

Activity and Deadlines
  • You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (to be determined by the game moderator) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. I will tell you if I am considering replacing/modkilling you for activity reasons.
  • If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  • In the event that I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the replacement player. If a replacement player cannot be found, I will mod-kill the slot.
  • Day phases will generally last a week [7 days].
  • Night phases will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM stating so.
  • Night phases will end when either 48 hours have passed, or I have received all applicable night actions. Whichever comes first.

Voting and Lynching:
  • Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold Vote command. For example, Vote: Red Ryu.
  • To unvote, use the command Unvote. For example, Unvote, Vote: Raziek. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
  • No Lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
  • After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene [flip] is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the "flip" is posted, the game will move to the Night phase.
  • The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If the deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  • There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
  • After you have died in the game, you are allowed one final (and short) "Go Town/Scum!" post.
Set-Up:
  • This is a Semi-Open Set-up for 9 Players with all roles randomly assigned. The game is a modified version of the Pie E7 set up. It has been modified to accommodate nine people.
  • This game uses full flips. Upon death, role/alignment information about the player is revealed.
  • I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up: Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Siblings, Survivor
    [*]
    I do not confirm the presence or absence of any other roles.
  • I confirm there is a Town faction [called Town] in this game and there is at least one Mafia faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafia factions.
  • I confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.

Helpful Links:
Newbie's Guide to Mafia | Basic Rules of Mafia | Common Roles

Player List:
  1. BadWolf
  2. Jdietz
  3. sneakytako
  4. LoliLovesRain
  5. Monstmrna
  6. ToasterBrains
  7. PrivateJoker-Brown
  8. JTB (IC)
  9. Ryker (IC)

Replacement List:
  1. Soup
  2. Vinyl.

[collapse=Sample Role PM]Welcome to Cave Story Mafia, John2k4!

You are...
Quote, Town Hero!

You were sent to the island ten years ago to aid in destroying the Demon Crown. This is an important job, and as the Town Hero, you'll be busy doing that instead of participating in mafia.

Ability: Hero - You've got a world to save, so you will be doing that instead of playing mafia. For now, stand here and look good for the Sample Role!

Win Condition: You are Town aligned, and win when all threats against the town have been eliminated!
[/collapse]

Formatting borrowed from Xiivi and Red Ryu. Thanks dudes =)

Good luck, and have fun!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Role PMs are going out now, please confirm in the thread that you have received & read it.

The game will begin once all have confirmed.

John2k4

The End of an Era
All Role PMs have been sent. Once everyone has confirmed, the first Day will start. Until then, feel free to chitchat.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Gorfdarnit, Soup had number 21 for the Newbie games?

Uhh..juat assume that everything that says Newbie 21 in here is 22 instead. :urg:

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Good luck guys.
If you feel like ryker is being an ***, thats not telling of his alignment.

:phone:
Oh wow, that's hilarious.

Confirming.

Alright, I will probably lie to you somewhere in this game, regardless of alignment, because I am also trying to win this game. However, I will not be lying about mechanics and other general questions, so ASK IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

Also feel free to ask me questions outside the confines of this game when it's over (not before because that's cheating). I'm always willing to help.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Four more people to confirm.

Confirmations Remaining:
  1. LoliLovesRain

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
/Replace

Just in case you need it, I love Cave Story and wouldn't mind. I'll be keeping track of the game.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
John, I love the color text you put on the OP. Makes this Mafia Game a lot better.

Good luck to everyone here! /Replace just in case. :p

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
This song is so great :)

Anyone else in the playerlist play the game? I finished my first hell run a couple weeks ago, now I'm working on hard mode and stuck on the island core boss >_<

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Obligatory. Love this game, one of my favorites. I really hope there's a sequel but it doesn't seem likely.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Confirm.

My internet is having some issues however. I'm working to get them resolved, but it may mean my check in is less frequent for a bit.

EDIT: Nevermind! Fixed that within a minute of posting lol. All good to go.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I look forward to playing with you all, but I might have some V/LA from time to time.

I'm planning on going to a Bengals game on Thursday, will be V/LA that night.

John2k4

The End of an Era
All players have confirmed!

D1 will start once I write up the post for it (in under a half hour)! :b:

John2k4

The End of an Era
Satisfied with his job of posing for the Sample Role, Quote finished his duty and began on his way back to the Island to save the Mimiga from the evil Doctor, Date.

As he enters the village, Quote is stopped by a fallen Mimiga!

As Quote rushes to aid the fallen Mimiga, a mysterious figure appears in front of him..

With a sly grin, the figure speaks to him..

Before Quote can fire off his Morning Star in defense, he is whisked away by the evil figure!

Quote has been lost!

The Mimiga, who have been expecting his arrival, start to worry about where he has gone to. As other allies and creatures are called from around the lands to help search for Quote, the gravely injured Mimiga crawls into the town. He makes it to the meeting building, where everyone has gathered to discuss where Quote has gone. He manages to explain that Quote has been taken by a mysterious figure, but grows weak. Before he can describe the looks figure, he passes out and is rushed into one of the houses for medical treatment. The town now realize that they need to figure out who among them is on the evil side of the Doctor, and the first Day begins.

-------------------------------

Day One Begins!

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
Deadline is 8/26, 11:59PM MST

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Silly Newbs, this is how you format a vote:

Vote: Monstmrna
Shhh, stop doing my job :c

Anyways, a bit of an introduction. I've been playing mafia for about a year and a half now, so I'm somewhat experienced at it (although experience =/= skill n_n). Seeing as how I loved Cave Story, it was only natural for me to join this game :D

Both Ryker and myself are IC players, meaning we are here to guide the newer players through a game of mafia. Don't be afraid to ask us any questions relating to mechanics and such, but any questions about the role you received from John should be directed to him in private.

First things first, in order for your vote to be recognized, you need to have it bolded, like so:

Vote: Jdietz

Anything not bolded will be ignored, so when you want to make your vote count, make sure to do it correct!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Being a Newbie game, I am on the lookout for votes that aren't formatted, and have seen them all all so far. Please make sure to bold the entire vote. =)

It is Day One.
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Votecount:

BadWolf(1): LoliLovesRain
JDietz(1): JTB
Monstmrna(1): JDietz
ToasterBrains(1): BadWolf
Not Voting(5): sneakytako, Monstmrna, ToasterBrains, PrivateJoker-Brown, Ryker

Deadline is: 8/26, 11:59PM MST.

Fun Fact: I've been replaying Cave Story tonight because of this mafia game. I'd highly recommend the game to anyone who has not experienced it yet. :b:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Damnit! I wanted to RVS vote Badwolf, but now I can't for fear of lynching him in RVS :mad:

Vote: Toasterbrains
Unvote
Vote: Ryker
Unvote
Vote: Lolilovesrain

cuz yall stole my idea.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
Silly Newbs, this is how you format a vote:

Vote: Monstmrna
Hello. Obviously you do not know me. I am Monstmrna, resident psychic/crazy person. I WILL NOW PSYCHICALLY DIVINE WHO IS MAFIA!

thinking...

thinking...

THINKING!!!!!!!!

Vote: Jdietz

OMGUS!!!!!!

I mean come on, who didn't see that one coming?

Top Bottom