• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Simpsons Mafia || GAME OVER! Who lived hap-diddly-aply every after?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Hello there, and welcome to:

Rules

[Collapse=Fundamentals]
1. As your Game Moderator I reserve the right to change any of the following rules at any time, without warning and as I see fit. If you are in doubt about anything PLEASE pm me.
2. Please follow all instructions in your role pm.
3. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died you may no longer post in the thread. You are allowed one generic "Bah, go Town/Scum" post.
3a. Jdietz rule: A "Bah, go Town/Scum" is exactly what it implies. You may be creative with your "Bah," but remember you are no longer alive in the game and may not attempt to communicate with other players or divulge information about the game in any way shape or form.
4. No outside communication unless allowed by your Role PM.
5. Do not edit your posts. All edits will be reversed. You are highly encouraged to EBWOP instead.
6. Personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. Calling someone dumb or scum is not a personal attack.
7. Quoting any Mod PMs (including your role pm) in this thread will result in a mod kill.
8. No posting in code/hidden text/foreign language/etc. This does not include bread crumbing in plain sight, which is fine.
9. You may not post any metadata about mod PMs or communication (i.e. images, message ID, etc.). This includes screenshots. Basically, anything against the spirit of the game.
10. Night actions will be determined using NAR: http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution. If you don't understand how it works, you may give me a theoretical example and I will show how it is resolved.
11. Feel free to PM/aim/skype me if you have any concerns about the rules, or just want to chat. My skype is j.vanderzant and my aim is vanderlazant. I always find players thoughts on the game interesting (and hilarious).[/Collapse]

[Collapse=Voting and Lynching]
1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Swiss.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote Vote: Swiss. You do not need to unvote before revoting.
3. No lynch target is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. To do so, use the command Vote: No Lynch Target
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, the player with the highest number of votes will be lynched. Any ties will be decided by randomization.
5. Twilight phase will be after the lynch or deadline is reached, but before the Game Moderator starts the night phase. All alive players (including any "hammered" players) may post during this time.
6. There is to be NO posts during Night.[/Collapse]

[collapse=Activity and Deadline]
1. You are required to post at least once every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances.
2. Deadlines will generally be 8 days long and generally decrease in length each cycle. The deadline may be changed if a majority vote for a deadline extension. To do so, use the command @Mod: Request Deadline Extension. Extensions will be given at the discretion of the Mod.[/collapse]

[collapse=Special Notes: ALL PLAYERS PLEASE READ!]
1. Do not play in a manner that is against the spirit of the game. I will not hesitate to replace or modkill those who try to ruin the game for others. Most of you should not have a problem with this, and I will notify you if I have any issues.
2. If you are going to be V/LA, PLEASE notify both myself in private, and the other players in the thread (and/or use the Social/V/LA thread).
3. Keep in mind that everyone wants to play a good game of mafia, so if you have time issues or prior commitments, either request replacement early or don't sign up!
4. Posting in this thread is confirmation that you've read the rules

[/collapse]

[collapse=Set Up]This game features an open set-up. The flavour is based on the popular television series The Simpsons. Knowlege of flavour will NOT provide any advantages, and is purely in the interest of entertainment.

-All roles and flavour are distributed randomly using random.org.
-Flavour is distributed both randomly and separate to role distribution.
-FBI Agent's alignment is either Town or Mafia, randomized by the mod. After this alignment is decided, other roles are chosen so that there is a 1:2:5 ratio.
-Mafia wins if they obtain a majority of living players (e.g. 2 Mafia, 1 SK, 1 Town) unless it is 1 Mafia 1 SK alive, where the Serial Killer wins.

1 x Serial Killer (has a night kill)
1 x Town or Mafia FBI Agent (Gets "serial killer" or "not serial killer" result)
1-2 x Mafia Goons (no night kill)
4-5 x Vanilla Townies
[/collapse]

[collapse=Players]
The Alive
1. Macman Red Ryu
2. Ranmaru
3. Badwolf28738
4. SummonerAU
8. Яagnarock

-Replacements (pm vanderzant if you would like to be a replacement!)
1. Red Ryu

The Dead
7. Ori_bro (Homer's Spirit Guide), the Independent Serial Killer, Lynched Day 1.
6. Vinyl (Dr Nick), the Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 2.
5. Dark Horse (THRILHOUSE), the Vanilla Townie[/COLOR], Lynched Day 3.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Sample Role PM]You are an Australian Beer, the Vanilla Townie.

"Something wrong, Yank?"
"…it's pretty big, I guess"

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.[/collapse]

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

"Did you know that there’s a direct correlation between the decline of Spirograph and the rise in gang activity? Think about it."
"I will"
"No you won't"

Day 1 Begins!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

Deadline: 12.01am 30th August EST
With 8 Alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Vote Count
Macman:
Ranmaru:
Badwolf28738:
SummonerAU:
Dark Horse:
Vinyl:
Ori_bro:
Яagnarock:

Not Voting (8)
Macman
Ranmaru
Badwolf28738
SummonerAU
Dark Horse
Vinyl.
Ori_bro
Яagnarock

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote: Ori_Bro

For wearing glasses.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

Lenny: Hey Homer, what'd ya do, get a haircut or something?
Homer: Look closer, Lenny.
Lenny: Oh, I know what it is. You're the biggest man in the world now and you're covered in gold.

Deadline: 12.01am 30th August EST
With 8 Alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Vote Count
Ori_bro :bee::bee:: Vinyl, Ranmaru
Vinyl :bee:: Яagnarock

Not Voting (5)
Macman
Badwolf28738
SummonerAU
Dark Horse
Ori_bro

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Man this is slow.

Soup ready to bro it up?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why is Badwolf posting around and viewing Dgames but not posting here? D: <

Also Clover, you should join a game in the future dude. Would love to have ya.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Why is Badwolf posting around and viewing Dgames but not posting here? D: <

Also Clover, you should join a game in the future dude. Would love to have ya.
Eh, I don't like RVS all that much and posting pre-game always seems to get me in trouble. So, I want to wait a little before going into it.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Wow that wasn't the reaction I wasn't expecting at all honestly.

There's nothing really to post about Badwolf, I was just prodding you to see what reaction I could get and hopefully start discussion, I tried the same with Vinyl. as he's more telling with his reactions to things but you kept your head cool for this one.

#HBC | ѕoup

unvote

Now we have something to talk about!

*applause*

What is your read on all current posters that have posted right now?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, I feel me and Soup can hardbody scum. Problem? (Maybe DH and Macman too)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ranmaru: MAYBE?!?!?!!?

vote: ran

not moving off him for the rest of the game till ranScum gets lynched

#HBC | ѕoup

It's the avatar.

I thought his anxiousness was pretty townie earlier on, what's bothering you about him?

#HBC | ѕoup

1 hour and 30 minutes later Badwolf has still yet to respond to me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol. That makes sense. I haven't ever really bro'd up with you before, but I know you are a dgames vet so you MIGHT have some cards on the table. Thing is, the last two times I played with you, you either were (lazy) or scum.

What I'm saying is, this game, you could, if you're town and you are doing your work.

With Soup I can read him easily and I think we can bro up pretty easily. :cool:

#HBC | ѕoup

Macman is welcome on the brocrew. broteam. brogang. Whatever.

I really wish you didn't have to take an hour to respond Badwolf but I'll wait.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
unvote

Now we have something to talk about!

*applause*

What is your read on all current posters that have posted right now?
Ok so reads. Here we go.

Macman- He's being odd and buddying people, but that doesn't scream scum to me just yet. Null-scum.

Vinyl- One post wonder. Null

Soup- You're being active and instigating some content. I was slightly testing you with the unwant on the RVS. I have you as town.

DH- He is a mystery wrapped in a riddle, but seriously I can't really get a decent read on him. I'm confused by his posting and only time will tell if I can get a read from him. Null

Ran- See Soup, but not as active. So Null-town.

I would like to see Summoner in here, alas he hasn't been. I would also like DH, Ori, and Vinyl to post some more and maybe get some reads out as well. Right now I don't want to vote anyone.

#HBC | ѕoup

I was surprised that you had such surface reads regardless of treating this as RVS, why are some things more telling than others in your eyes? Macman only made one joking post about buddying me and then a vote on Ranmaru for some reason.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I was surprised that you had such surface reads regardless of treating this as RVS, why are some things more telling than others in your eyes? Macman only made one joking post about buddying me and then a vote on Ranmaru for some reason.
Eh, I don't like buddying and I know that he left it, but still the fact that he said it at all raised a flag, albeit small.

I judge the scummy factor on not only what was said/done, but also who said/did it. Like if Swiss went around buddying people I would find it more suspicious than say Loli.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think that's intricate way of seeing things but I appreciate the response none the less.

Top Bottom