• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Rajam

Smash Champion

Helpful rules and links
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.​

Ruleset

[collapse="Fundamentals"]
  1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold. I reserve the right to not answer any questions.
  2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive). Breaking this rule may blacklist you from future games, and definitely prevents you from being revived in this game.
  3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
  4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message).
  9. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
  10. You must post in English.
  11. Do not quote logs of communication you have had between yourself and another player. You may paraphrase instead.
  12. Failure to send your night action will result in no night actions being performed.
  13. Failure to adhere to the above rules will result in modkill or replacement at the mod's discretion. If you are unsure of whether a post would violate one of these rules, you are more than welcome to ask me personally, beforehand.
[/collapse]

[collapse="Voting and Lynching"]
  1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Rajam.
  2. To unvote, use the command unvote. You aren't forced to unvote before voting another player, but it'd be highly appreciated.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
[/collapse]

[collapse="Activity and Deadlines"]
  1. You are required to post every 48 hours (Night Phase is excluded for this purpose). If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. We will have strict day cycles set on 8-days in real life. The town must stay active and be willing to punish inactive players if they hope to succeed.
  3. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
  4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.
[/collapse]

[collapse="Special Notes"]
  1. Everyone’s win conditions are not necessarily uniform!
  2. I would like to actively encourage everyone to pressure players that are inactive and punish them by lynching them if necessary. I will replace players that need to be replaced, but the town shouldn't let that be an excuse to let players get away with staying quiet.
  3. Knowledge of Hunter X Hunter isn't necessary to play, but it might be useful. Check out the Hunter X Hunter Wiki Page if you want to read up.
  4. Your character identity is important! Some people may be given special information or hints about your character, so protect your identity at all costs.
  5. If you rely on flavor, you might get burned. Try to focus on information and player actions if you want to succeed. Trust no one and make no assumptions.
  6. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  7. Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
  8. In the event of a conflict between the ruleset and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
[/collapse]

Detailed Mechanics

[collapse="The Buy Phase"]This game has three phases in the next order:

1. Buy Phase
This will be the 1st phase in the game; it will also be after every Night Phase and previous to every Day Phase.

During this phase, a card shop will be open. 10 kinds of cards (4 common, 3 uncommon, 2 rare, and 1 priceless) and 20 “Masadora Cards Pack” (a special pack with three random cards inside) will be for sale. Players can only buy cards (not sell them). For buying cards, players must send me the command “Buy” and specify cards to buy and how many of them. Which cards each player buys... that’s not public info.

Only the name of the card and how many of them will be showed in the store. What each card does is not public info.

Cards aren’t limitless. There is a limit for each one, put next to the card name. The stock will be updated as frequent as possible.

The Buy Phase will last 48 hours.

The prices of common, uncommon and rare cards will be fixed, but the priceless card will enter into an auction. The base price will be 1500 J (J stands for Jenis which will be the currency used). The auction is public. Each player who wants to acquire the priceless card must post the command “Offer” and the respective amount of Jenis. You can't retract an offer and hence can't use the compromised money unless someone else surpass you in the auction by offering a higher amount. At the end of each Buy Phase, the auction will end and the player with the highest offer will acquire the card. Players cannot offer more of what they’re able to pay (they'll receive a MOD vote if they break this rule). The auction’s winner is public info. There is only 1 priceless card into auction each Buy Phase, and of course, the effect of the priceless card is usually a lot better than the rest of the cards being sold.

During the Buy Phase, players may enter a mini-game that will be conducted during the Day Phase. Major details of the mini-game (rules, entry fee, prizes, etc.) will be explained at the beginning of each Buy Phase. Once inscribed into a mini-game, you can't quit (no refunds).

During the Buy Phase, players can post normally, but they can’t vote or use cards. Players start the game with 2000 Jenis, and at the beginning of each Night Phase, every player still alive will receive extra 1500 Jenis.

2. Day Phase
Typical Day Phase where players can vote and lynch.

It will be the only phase in which players will be allowed to use cards. To use them, players must send me, through a certain Quick Topic link given to each player (called "Book"), the command “Gain” and specify cards to use (Cards usage is secret). Cards used through Gain can’t be reverted back to card status, so they must be used with care.

3. Night Phase
Typical Night Phase. Players will receive 1500 Jenis at the start of this phase.

------------------------------------------------------------------------​

There will be Twilight Phases after every Buy Phase, and after every Day Phase, both with random duration (usually just a couple of hours). Players may post in both Twilight Phases, but cannot use any active ability, and cannot use cards.

All players will have an inventory (quick topic link), called Book, for being able to check their current cards and Jenis at any time. Also via this quick topic only, players may buy and use cards, using the Buy and Gain command.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buy Phase Example:
Cards Shop open! Buy Phase 1 begins!
The vendor offers for today: (***)
Common Cards:
80 Analysis (80 J)
60 Sight vision (250 J)
1000 Stone (30 J)
20 Trade (350 J)
Uncommon cards:
10 Transform (500 J)
10 Penetrate (500 J)
8 Accompany (950 J)
Rare Cards:
5 Reflection (1000 J)
10 Defensive Wall (1000 J)
Others:
20 Masadora Cards Pack (1500 J)
Inside every pack there are three random cards. Each card you receive follows the next distribution: 60% chance it’s a common card, 25% chance it’s uncommon, 12% chance it’s rare, and 3% chance it's priceless.
---
Also, today the next priceless card will be in auction!
1 VIP Pass
The auction starts with a base value of 1500 Jenis. Did someone say “I offer 1500 Jenis?”
---
Today’s mini-game: (***)
Rock-Paper-Scissors Tournament!
It will have a 300 J entry fee. If you want to in, just post “In Mini-game”, bolded. Rules are the next:
- Double Elimination Tournament. Each match will have a deadline of 24 hours. Bracket will be generated at random.
- Each player must send me via PM five ordered options (example: rock, rock, paper, rock, scissors). First options will decide a winner. If there is a tie between first options, second options will decide a winner, and so on. If there is a tie even after all five options, the winner will be decided at random.
- Results of each round are public including all five options of each player.
- If a player doesn’t send his options on time, that player will be assigned random options. In this case it will be announced the options were chosen at random by the game moderator.
- If the Day Phase ends before the mini-game ends, the game will be left unfinished with no winners.
Prizes:
- 1st place: 3000 Jenis and a Masadora Spell Card Pack.
- 2nd place: 2000 Jenis.
- 3rd and 4th place: 1000 Jenis.

(***) Cards shown and their prices, as well as entry fee and prizes for mini-games, are only referential and may or may not be in the actual game.
[/collapse]

Sample Role PM

Illumi, Town Manipulator
Illumi is Killua's eldest brother. He is an experienced assassin, whom along with his father was responsible for Killua's training and upbringing. During the Hunter's Exam, Illumi camouflaged his appearance and took upon an alias, using special pins to change his entire facial structure to the point where he can only be recognized by his voice. You can find more about Illumi here.

Active Abilities
Pin Manipulation: Once per Night Phase, you may send me a PM with the command Manipulate: Target player, color. At the end of that Night Phase, the target player will be notified that he has to make all his posts in the chosen color permanently.

Restrictions
You can't use Pin Manipulation more than thrice during the game.

Special Information
Book: You can check your inventory at any time via the next quick topic link:
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/rKkTK8LL2Tc
If you want to buy or use cards, just post the respective Buy and Gain commands within this quick topic.

Win Conditions
You are Town aligned and you win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Special Information
  • This game will run with 14 players.
  • There are no Vanilla Roles.
  • Ranmaru will help me as the co-mod this game. If you send a PM to me, send it with a copy to Ranmaru as well.

Players
  1. Ryker ( Kalluto, Mafia Role Cop ; Survives Day 6! )
  2. No Lynch (soup / Ramen King) ( Cat Diner NPC, Independent Watcher Serial Killer ; Lynched Day 6 )
  3. frozenflame751 * ( Gon, Town Mason Lover Double Voter ; Killed Night 2 )
  4. Kawaii Vinyl. ( Shalnark, Mafia Traitor Bus Driver ; Lynched Day 1 )
  5. Macman > BSL ( Abengane, Town Purifier ; End-gamed Day 6 )
  6. Terywj [태리] * > 194 * > IceKirby * * ( Kurapika, Mafia Debilitating Tracker ; Lynched Day 5 )
  7. Orboknown * * ( Shizuku, Town Cleaner ; Killed Night 5 )
  8. Kary ( Kortopi, Town Duplicator ; Killed Night 3 )
  9. BadWolf28738 ( Killua, Town Mason Lover Vote Blocker ; Died Night 2 )
  10. Riddle * ( Chrollo Lucilfer, Town Thief ; Lynched Day 4 )
  11. BSP ( Machi, Town Jailer ; Day-Killed Day 2 )
  12. PrivateJoker-Brown * ( Genthru, Town Bomber ; Lynched Day 3 )
  13. KevinM ( Hisoka, Mafia Role Blocker Shapeshifter ; Killed Night 4 )
  14. Handorin > Anomandaris_Rake ( Nobunaga, Town Cop ; Killed Night 1 )
* Prod

Replacements
  • BSL > Day 1: Replaces Macman
  • Anomandaris_Rake > Day 1: Replaces Handorin
  • 194 > Day 1: Replaces Terywj [태리]
  • IceKirby > Day 3: Replaces 194

Important Events

Rajam

Smash Champion
Cards Shop open! Buy Phase 6 begins!

The vendor offers for today:

Common Cards:
2000 Stick (10 J)
2000 Stone (25 J)
2000 Analysis (150 J)
2000 List (120 J)

Uncommon cards:
999 Transform (530 J)
1000 Magnetic Force (790 J)
1000 Contact (940 J)

Rare Cards:
3000 Accompany (1260 J)
3000 Clone (1630 J)

Others:
16 Masadora Cards Pack (1500 J)
Inside every pack there are three random cards. Each card you receive follows the next distribution: 60% chance it’s a common card, 25% chance it’s uncommon, 12% chance it’s rare, and 3% chance it's priceless.

---

1 Heart Gauge

No Lynch has offered 5000 J. Does someone offer a higher amount?

---

ToDay’s mini-game:

It will have a 800 J entry fee. If you want to in, just post “In Mini-game”, bolded. Rules are the next:
- Double Elimination Tournament. Each match will have a deadline of 24 hours. Bracket will be generated at random.
- Each player must send me via PM five ordered options (example: rock, rock, paper, rock, scissors). First options will decide a winner. If there is a tie between first options, second options will decide a winner, and so on. If there is a tie even after all five options, the winner will be decided at random.
- If a player doesn’t send his options on time, that player will be assigned random options. In this case it will be announced the options were chosen at random by the game moderator.
- If the Day Phase ends before the mini-game ends, the game will be left unfinished with no winners.

Prizes:
- 1st place: 4000 Jenis and a Masadora Spell Card Pack.​

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~​

• Remember: In this phase players can only buy cards, not use them. Also, players can post normally, but they can't vote.
  • For buying cards, use your quick topic link, posting the Buy command.
    Example: Buy: 3 Transform
  • The Shop will be constantly updated in the second post of this thread to facilitate things.
  • Buy Phase deadline: [glow]Sunday Oct 14th 20:30 hours, Atlantic Time.[/glow]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Posting for subscription. Have fun guys.

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
This buy phase mechanic makes me do math. I might regret this decision.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
math isn't that terrible. especially since we'll most likely be using whole numbers(and [likely]mainly addition/subtraction)

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
/confirming

even though I won't actually be able to join in today. Maybe tonight, definately tomorrow

This is gonna be a fun game for me.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
word, im like a town magnet

but oh gawd at this buying phase stuff, i didnt realize this game would have random mechanics

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
the buying mechanic is kinda why I think this is gonna be fun. Who knows, in practice it might suck, but I'm pretty optimistic. I like the look of it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This buy phase mechanic makes me do math. I might regret this decision.
word, im like a town magnet

but oh gawd at this buying phase stuff, i didnt realize this game would have random mechanics
I'm reserving judgement, but yeah.
I was told by people who played the original set-up that it was really cool. It's the reason I'm playing a game that I have no attachment to the flavor on.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Yup, everyone has already confirmed. I'll announce the start-time later today. Meanwhile, please be sure to read and understand the special mechanics for this game; all questions regarding them are welcome.

Remember that all buys and uses of cards are made through your "books" (quicktopics), and they'll be processed and resolved via first-come-first-serve. MPs will be "saved" for other actions (like night actions for example) and private questions. Please send your MPs with a copy to Ranmaru as well!

Handorin

Smash Hero
By MPs, do you mean PMs?

And do we know what the cards do before we buy them? The sample just has random names and I don't know what they do.

Rajam

Smash Champion
By MPs, do you mean PMs?

And do we know what the cards do before we buy them? The sample just has random names and I don't know what they do.
Yep my bad, MPs = PMs

Cards' effects aren't shown during the Buy Phase. Once you get (buy) a card, you can check its effect in your Book.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

[glow]Game will begin today at 16:00, Atlantic Time (GMT -4:00)[/glow]

(That's in two more hours! =P)​

Rajam

Smash Champion
~ Game Introduction ~

The dreaded group of murderers, the Genei Ryodan, was impressed after his experience in Greed Island, particularly by the complexity of the game, the card system and the various Nen skills involved, among other things.

The group intends to take a new course, attempting to create their own version of the game. To test it, they have invited old friends and enemies to play peacefully, leaving behind old grudges.

However, not all members of the Genei Ryodan agree to put aside their old lives as criminals to pursue this. In addition, some guests do not come just to enjoy and play...

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~​

Cards Shop open! Buy Phase 1 begins!

The vendor offers for today:

Common Cards:
20 Stick (10 J)
20 Stone (25 J)
20 Fluoroscopy (290 J)
20 Sight vision (440 J)

Uncommon cards:
8 Transform (530 J)
10 Magnetic Force (790 J)
10 Defensive Wall (900 J)

Rare Cards:
3 Reflection (1020 J)
3 Accompany (1260 J)

Others:
20 Masadora Cards Pack (1500 J)

---

1 Risky Dice

The auction starts with a base value of 1500 Jenis. Did someone say “I offer 1500 Jenis?”

---

ToDay’s mini-game:

It will have a 300 J entry fee. If you want to in, just post “In Mini-game”, bolded. Rules are the next:

Prizes:
- 1st place: 4000 Jenis and a Masadora Spell Card Pack.
- 2nd place: 2000 Jenis and an Analysis card.
- 3rd place: 1000 Jenis.
- 4th place: 500 Jenis.​

• Remember: In this phase players can only buy cards, not use them. Also, players can post normally, but they can't vote.
  • For buying cards, use your quick topic link, posting the Buy command.
    Example: Buy: 3 Transform
  • The Shop will be constantly updated in the second post of this thread to facilitate things.
  • Buy Phase deadline: [glow]Friday Sep 7th 16:00 hours, Atlantic Time.[/glow]

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
In minigame

Vote Frozenflame

If someone gives me a gun, I will shoot him right now. Zen, you would be my second choice.

I have Badwolf blocked, Soup, you'll tell me if he claims/says anything I need to know, right?

Kevin, you read him for me.

Hando and Macman, make sure he's right for me.

Kary, truce until the end of Day 2? Be the wall I can use to bounce ideas off of. I work better when I can talk.

Zen, what's your read on me.

Riddle, step up your act. I can see you going easy within the first two days dependent on Badwolf and Joker's play. I don't have time to waste on them, so I'll likely stop them from saving you if you need to go.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I am going to be gone a lot of afternoon's, possibly for a month. I should be able to play enough from work, school, and afternoon's I go to where there is internet that it shouldn't affect much.

FF, what do we gain from finishing the day before the minigame is over?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I want that Risky Dice because I love the name and I think I'm a pretty lucky dude, but I want to play RPS, so I don't want to enter an auction I'll lose.

FF, scratch my last question. What do you think of rigging the RPS tournament so that I win?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
For the record, Zen, yes, this is me jockeying for a position at the front of the thread before you get here to try and muscle me out of it (or FF tries, I guess, I think he'll be too inactive to attempt it). That being said, I think there's room for both of us. Talk to me about your take on me.

Top Bottom