• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia..... GAME OVER!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Hello mafia players, old and new, and welcome to...
Puzzle Bobble/Bust a Move Mafia!

Flavor-wise, this game will span all of the Bust a Move / Puzzle Bobble games that are or have been in arcades. [PB/BAM 1, 2, 3, 4, Super]

Helpful Links:
Newbie's Guide to Mafia | Basic Rules of Mafia | Common Roles
Fundamental Rules:
  • Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others. This includes personal attacks.
  • The Game Moderator is John2k4 and all official information and rulings will come directly from the Game Moderator. Any appointed Co-Moderators by the Game Moderator may do so as well.
  • marshy is your Co-Mod.
  • To direct a question at a Game Mod, use the following format: @Mod:
  • Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will result in a MOD vote. MOD votes last until the end of the current Day phase.
  • Unless your role specifically states otherwise, you may not converse with any other players outside the thread, dead or alive.
  • Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator. You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words! Posting your Role PM or any form of mod communication will result in an immediate modkill.
  • You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
  • The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  • Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.

Activity and Deadlines
  • You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (to be determined by the game moderator) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. I will tell you if I am considering replacing/modkilling you for activity reasons.
  • If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  • In the event that I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the replacement player. If a replacement player cannot be found, I will mod-kill the slot.
  • Day phases will generally last a week [7 days].
  • Night phases will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM stating so.
  • Night phases will end when either 48 hours have passed, or I have received all applicable night actions. Whichever comes first.

Voting and Lynching:
  • Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold Vote command. For example, Vote: Sold2.
  • To unvote, use the command Unvote. For example, Unvote, Vote: Raziek. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
  • No Lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
  • After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene [flip] is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the "flip" is posted, the game will move to the Night phase.
  • The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If the deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  • There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase. The thread will usually be temporarily locked to prevent this.
  • After you have died in the game, you are allowed one final (and short) "Go Town/Scum!" post.
Set-Up:
  • This is a Closed Set-up for 12 Players with all roles assigned at random.
  • This game uses full flips. Upon death, role/alignment information about the player is revealed.
  • I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up: Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Siblings, Survivor
    [*]
    I do not confirm the presence or absence of any other roles.
  • I confirm there is a Town faction [called Town] in this game and there is at least one Mafia faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafia factions.
  • I neither confirm nor deny the presence of any Independent role(s).
  • I confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.

Player List:
  1. Red Ruy
  2. Bardull
  3. ToasterBrains Orboknown
  4. PrivateJoker-Brown
  5. 194
  6. Vinyl.
  7. Kantrip
  8. BSP
  9. JDietz43
  10. Riddle
  11. SneakyTako
  12. Anomandaris_Rake

Replacement List:
  1. BadWolf28738
  2. J

[collapse=Sample Role PM]Welcome to Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia, John2k4!

You are...
Taito, Town Logo!

You pop up everywhere in the game because hey, you're "those people who made this thing"! (Or at least that's how most people see you).
Making awesome games is your job, so go have fun doing that, and don't let this mafia game distract you.

Win Condition: You are Town aligned, and win when all threats against the town have been eliminated!
[/collapse]

Good luck, and have fun!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Starting to send out Role PMs out now. Please confirm that you have received and understand your PM in this thread.

-----

On an unrelated note..