• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect (King Maker) - Glorious Way to End the Day. Mafia Wins!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

"I am Commander Shepard and this is the best Mafia Game in the Citidal."

In the Milky Way Galaxy, there exist a hero. A hero who's willing to put his life on the line for a better future of humanity (and possibly aliens). That hero is named Commander Shepard. Shepard has proven time and time again to do the impossible. From nipping potiential problems in the bud to standing his ground against galaxy destroyers, Shepard has proven to be a man without fear. Whether the decisions he makes are either idealistic or realistic, Shepard has proven to be the man for the job. Like any other hero, there would be groups that want him dead. Is it because he's a thorn on their side? Revenge for what they did to him? Maybe using him as a form of recognition? No one knows. Wicked minds are some of the most hardest to understand in term of their goals. But how would Shepard react to assassins....who poses as his very own crew mate?

Woooo! Welcome to Mass effect Mafia! This game is a bit different from previous games I've hosted. Aside from hydras, this game is going to feature a Kingmaker style mafia. My hosting style hasn't changed though, which means you'll get a fun Mafia experience out of this!

Rules​

[COLLAPSE="General Rules and Information"]Fundamentals
1.) Treat others as you would like to be treated. Things get heated every once in a while, but this is supposed to be fun.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are not allowed to make any more posts.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images, videos or links in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). This rule only applies to posts in the thread. If you are allowed to communicate privately with other players you may freely quote mod communication there.
7.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
8.) Posting in non-English, invisible, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players (including hydra communication). You are free to paraphrase.
10.) Unless stated otherwise, all Night Actions should be sent to myself via PM. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
11.) If you are unclear about any of the rules then you are expected to ask the me for clarification before taking any action which you believe may break a rule. If you are unclear about any information in your role PM or the sample PM or any mod communication, feel free to ask me about it.
12.) Punishments for breaking any of the rules of this game include but are not limited to: Modkill, forced replacement, tempt. Ban of any future games I host, etc.

Voting and Lynching [KINGMAKER STYLE]
1.) Each Day, a new 'King' shall arise from the group based on who the 'Kingmaker' chooses. The King is the only one allowed to execute (Vote). For example, Execute: Circus.
2.) If the game goes further down the line, and previous Kings are still alive, then they can be re-elected. I will announce when people can be re-elected
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice for the King, as it will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Execute: No Lynch.
4.) After the King has decided on a lynch but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when I post the lynch scene and officially begin the Night phase.
5.) The Day will end when a King chooses who they want to execute. If deadline is reached without a execution, the King himself will be executed by the towns people.
6.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, regardless of whether the thread is closed or not.

Activity and Deadline
1.) You are expected to be able post every 24 hours, however you are required to post every 72 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. Five Prods (or more if I choose to give you more chances) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. If you are a player with a history of bad activity, it is possible it will take less prods before your replacement than it will take for others.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 12 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. (iunless something comes up that's out of the mod's control)[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Game-Specific Rules and Information"]Game-specific
1.) All roles have been assigned entirely at random.
2.) Aside from Kingmaker and one other role, this a vanilla based Kingmaker game.
3.) DO NOT Tell or post your character name nor your role claim. Doing so would result in a modkill.
4.) Modkills only end Days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, Day continues. Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
5.) I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
6.) Do not post your hydra convo in the game.<~~~~ New
[/COLLAPSE]

The players

1) Omni
2(Mastermind (EE Ryker hydra)
3)Jerkus (J and Circus hydra)
4)Soup
5)Death Bear (Ryu and rake hydra)
6)Handorin
7)No Hetro (Marshy and nabe hydra)
8)Bardul
9)BSP
10)Kary Ranmaru
11)Gheb
12)JDietz
13)Dabuz

Replacements

(none)

Orboknown

Smash Hero
mastermind shouldn't be lynched/NK'd for at least the first two days.
also, subscribing to watch this play out.

Jerkus

Smash Apprentice
Rockin, I'm so flattered that this head of the hydra got to be the execution example.

I've never played any Mass Effect at all, though I've seen a fair amount of cutscenes and things on youtube. I don't care about spoilers even an itty bitty bit.

Can't speak for J on either of those matters though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Never played Mass Effect and don't intend to ever do it.

Should I become King, my rules are to be considered more important by the players than those posted by the game mod. For example: should I become King, the 72 hours limits for prods will no longer be in effect and instead the rule will be that you will be executed by me as soon as you fail to post within 48 hours.

:059:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype

Making marshy king n1 gl

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Marshy, Ryker and I aren't suited as early kings in my book. All of us have too much anarchy within us and place our own rules and laws higher than anything else. While I think I could just **** scum like that as king - from an objective point of view it's still a risk to take.

Omni, Jerkus or Handorin seem like good choices as kings. They are the kind of people that are dependable and represent order and structure. One of these three should be made king for the beginning of the game and whomever out of people like Marshy, Ryker or myself haven't been killed at a later point should become king then. While I persoally wouldn't mind a Marshy King on Day 1, it would be counterproductive to most people's scumhunting.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
i'm here

and i haven't played mass effect at all

but i don't mind if you spoil it for me

because heathen

also if you make me king I can promise that i'll play pretty much the same as usual, i.e. :cool:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Should be King early: Omni, Jerkus, Handorin, BSP
Should be King late: Mastermind, No Hetero, Kary, Gheb
Should never be king: Soup, Bardull, Jdietz, Dabuz, Death Bear

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
so I guess either I'm joking, or I disagree with your approach

but either way I'm dumb

wow

guess I know who to kill if I'm stuck for a decision!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Marshy, Ryker and I aren't suited as early kings in my book. All of us have too much anarchy within us and place our own rules and laws higher than anything else. While I think I could just **** scum like that as king - from an objective point of view it's still a risk to take.

Omni, Jerkus or Handorin seem like good choices as kings. They are the kind of people that are dependable and represent order and structure. One of these three should be made king for the beginning of the game and whomever out of people like Marshy, Ryker or myself haven't been killed at a later point should become king then. While I persoally wouldn't mind a Marshy King on Day 1, it would be counterproductive to most people's scumhunting.
what am I chopped liver

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ignored all of Gheb's posts in regards to who should be king because he hasn't consistently played with most of the roster for an extended period of time.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I dunno man I see a lot of logic there tbh

Omni likes to take the reigns of games in the first place and although he can kind of swallow up a thread with his presence it can lead to a lot of good discussion, so no decisions will end up being made for lack of information that's for sure

Circus in particular is great about trying to weigh all evidence with a clear head before making a crucial decision and J's presence will only help him there and in that whole "being confident of himself when he's right" thing that has plagued the Jerk in the past

then with BSP and Hando it's obvious Gheb's not shooting for player skill but rather players that 1. are analytical and cautious in nature (BSP) and 2. are unlikely to take point in a forceful manner and rather just listen carefully to the best arguments that get presented (Handomo)

then gheb and no hetero definitely do have too much anarchy within them, and despite my buttsalt at Gheb for leaving me out of the equation there (:glare:) I do prefer to act (and act more accurately) on stuff when I have more information to analyze and deduce with

and well the "no guns" well let's just not go into those but I can agree with them :awesome:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
welp looks like I can't play after all

gotta find a nice mountaintop to carve my guts out with a japanese dagger now

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, I'm going to be V/LA this weekend. Given the nature of this hydra, I'm going to say it means we'll probably be on Limited Access until Monday, so cool your jets on that if need be, Gheb.

Omni scum with a gun on Day 1 scares the white out of me. I would rather he not get a gun until after I've gotten a chance to play with him without it.

Aside from that, I agree with Gheb on all sides (especially the 48 hour thing). I will wield the weapon with supreme accuracy and deal swift justice when it is given to me, but I would prefer it given to me when I don't have to shoot a tick off my dog's back from a mile away.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also put take Soup off the "should never be King" list, but not on any of the others. I would infinitely prefer him over the rest of the people on that list.

And ALL of it is subject to change based on reads.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you make me king I'll banish whoever you want me to. :3

BSP

Smash Legend
Forgot to mention: I haven't played Mass Effect 1 or 2, but I'm fine with spoilers and such.

I read up on Kingmaker setup, but I don't see it mentioned here, so let me ask: will the Kingmaker be modkilled if he makes any mention to his role? Are we allowed to bring up who may possibly be the Kingmaker?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Other side of death bear is ready t bring even more death.

And yes, death has a scale

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@EE

I actually came to respect Hando's play a lot recently and his experience would make him a good early-game King in my book. It was definitely a skill based decision on my part but you're right about pretty much everything else. And while it's true that you're more like an analytical kind of player you also often take your time in these games until you truly play up to your actual abilities. It's clear that you're a lot more effective king later on than right away.

I'll take V/LA into consideration in case I'm king. I won't execute V/LA people unless I flat-out believe them to be scum, obviously.

#HBC | ѕoup

i dont have preference for this game at all but on the subject of good king picks i would say bsp is the best choice as first. he listens to other players well and i believe he wouldnt be rash about his decision either, one thing i have against making power players king is the pretense of giving them a gun as scum. even if bsp is scum he will be much easier to pin and well be more cautious. if someone like ryker had scum and king on d1 i would expect chaos to ensue. thats my only gripe and i agree with activity issues, everything else will be subjective and based on reads in the course of the game.

hando and others of the same nature get my n0 vote

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Forgot to mention: I haven't played Mass Effect 1 or 2, but I'm fine with spoilers and such.

I read up on Kingmaker setup, but I don't see it mentioned here, so let me ask: will the Kingmaker be modkilled if he makes any mention to his role? Are we allowed to bring up who may possibly be the Kingmaker?
That would be incredidumb. It does, however, paint a target on their face unless scum WANT them to be kingmaker.

#HBC | ѕoup

one thing i also dont want to happen is players making someone king randomly. i trust bsp to listen to us on this matter too, and will not advocate players who are uncooperative. id like there to be a voting system on both who the majority wants and who the majoirty wants king. kingmakers require teamwork more than anything.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
As long as the Kingmaker doesn't have to justify himself for the sole act of picking somebody else as king I'm OK with it I guess. Though I generally don't like majority decisions in Kingmaker or BiM set-ups. My own ideas are a million times more valid to me than that of some majority. I don't want to have to follow the majority, nor do I expect other people to necessarily follow it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
my reads are hella ganky and never make sense but usually wind up being right.

So while the majority thing seems like a good idea in practice, you best believe if im scum reading someone hardcore and i am king imma execute em

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
one thing i also dont want to happen is players making someone king randomly. i trust bsp to listen to us on this matter too, and will not advocate players who are uncooperative. id like there to be a voting system on both who the majority wants and who the majoirty wants king. kingmakers require teamwork more than anything.
Honestly, the majority vote is not going to be followed. You have too many people who will not go with it that you cannot force it (myself among them), however, that means you have to do a LOT more work in making sure that when you're giving the gun to someone who may go against the grain and make a shot, you are not giving it to someone who's going to be a loose cannon.

I'm drowning in irony.

Top Bottom