• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dining Philosophers Mafia! Game Over - Who Won???

X1-12

Smash Champion

[collapse=Rules]
Fundamentals
1.) Have fun, be nice, don't be a ****.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are not allowed to make any more posts.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images, videos or links in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
7.a) This rule only applies to posts in the thread. If you are allowed to communicate privately with other players you may freely quote mod communication there.
8.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
9.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
10a.) You may not quote logs of hydra communication. You are free to paraphrase
11.) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
11a.) Unless stated otherwise, all Night Actions should be sent to myself via PM.
11.b) Night actions can be changed at any point up until the end of the Night Phase
12.) If you are unclear about any of the rules then you are expected to ask the moderator for clarification before taking any action which you believe may break a rule. If you are unclear about any information in your role PM or the sample PM or any mod communication, feel free to ask me about it.
13.) Punishments for breaking any of the rules of this game include but are not limited to: temporary or permanent Moderator Votes, Modkill, forced replacement, blacklisting from future games, your win condition being changed to that of survivor upon your death.

Voting and Lynching
1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
1.a) Votes must clearly indicate a player's name, but are not required to be a character for character copy of the player's username. Any ambiguous votes will not be counted and I will point these out to let you know I've ignored that vote.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Eor. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
4.) After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when I post the lynch scene and officially begin the Night phase.
5.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
6.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, regardless of whether the thread is closed or not.

Activity and Deadline
1.) You are expected to be able post every 24 hours, however you are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
1.a) If you are a player with a history of bad activity, it is possible it will take less prods before your replacement than it will take for others, watch out and be active!
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 10 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours.

Game-specific
1.) I am X1-12 the Game Moderator, and for all intents and purposes, the Game God. Any issues with this game or the players in it should be dealt with by talking to me directly via Private Messaging
1.b) Kary is the Game Co-Moderator, and for all intents and purposes, the Game Demi-god . He will be here to help with votecounts and perhaps Day starts/ends. If you have any issues and I am absent, feel free to discuss them with Kary
2.) All roles are assigned entirely at random.
3.) Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
4.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
5.) Posting not on a hydra account results in a strike unless the post is quoted on the hydra account within 5 minutes of original post
5.a) 3 strikes results in a mod vote until Day End.
5.b) Mod votes acquired in this way cannot hammer a player. If you are L-1 and receive a mod vote you will not be lynched, but if a player on your wagon unvotes and revotes you, you will be lynched
[/collapse]
[collapse=Player List]
1. dabuz
2. Known Mafia (Orboknown/Handorin)
3. Kreative Whiz Kids (Kantrip/Sokr hydra)
4. -Masquerain-
5. Killstic
6. TBG
7. Red Ryu
8. ~Tac~
9. soup

Replacements:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Sample PM]
Hello Player X! Welcome to Dining Philosophers Mafia! You are John Locke, Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Any time during the Night Phase you may send me that action Fairy Dust: [Player Name] and the player you have chosen will receive a large amount of **** all. Remember that to complete this action successfully you need to acquire two forks (see Set-up Info in the OP)

Win Condition:
You win when the two Mafia members have been eliminated
[/collapse]
[collapse=Set-up Info]
This game has a closed set-up, but the following information is made public
  • Each Player sits around a table. The arrangement of players around a table is public information and will be revealed at the start of Day 1
  • There is a fork situated between each two players
  • In order to perform an action, you need to be able to pick up 2 forks
  • At the night phase, if someone makes an action they pick up the fork to the right of them first (All forks are grabbed simultaneously)
  • Players then try and pick up the fork to their left, if they are able to, they perform their action, if not, their action fails
  • This means in order to make use of your night action, the player to the left of you must elect to not act on that night
  • The mafia kill follows the same rules, but those sneaking bad guys are known for trading forks under the table! if two of them are alive you won't be able to stop them making a kill this way. (The passing of forks happens before any Night actions (i.e Roleblocking) occurs
  • Forks are removed from the game as people die
  • Other than the above two points, no roles allow for the trading, creation or destruction of forks.
  • There is nothing in the game that allows for moving positions around the table.
Public Info:
This is an experimental game - There are no crazy Overswarm roles, but a new mechanic. If you're not already familiar with Mafia and Night actions I would suggest that you don't sign up
There is one Mafia Faction, consiting of two members, with the ability to kill
There are 7 Town Players
If you fail to complete an action for any reason (i.e lack of forks, or due to another role) you will be considered to not have taken an action by any roles ie Tracker or Watcher[/collapse]
[Collapse=Important Posts&Events]Table Arrangements
Start of Day 1
End of D1 Votecount
End of D1 Flip
Start of Day 2
[/collapse]

X1-12

Smash Champion
Hydras please note the relevant rules about posting outside of hydra, Everyone feel free to chill here before I send PMs out, which will be tomorrow if someone signs up as a replacement, or the following day if not

Killstic

Smash Rookie
I'm being post-restricted on this account to require mod approval per post. Will swap accounts if the problem can't be resolved.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I feel like that hydra rule about copy pasting logs is because of me and that one time I basically quoted the mafia logs but purposefully put it in code tags or something. >_>

/subscribing
/hype

X1-12

Smash Champion
If the person to the left of you is vanilla, can they pick up a fork even though they don't perform an action?
Nope. You may only pick up a fork if you are attempting to complete a Night action, if you have no Night actions to attempt you thus cannot pick up a fork

Orboknown

Smash Hero
@mod-If someone is roleblocked, do they still pick up a fork?

If the second mafiosi(the one not sending in a kill) attempts to use his NA and the mafiosi sending in the kill requires the other mafiosi's fork to complete the kill, does this force the first mafiosi to not use his NA so as to allow the mafia to get a Night Kill in?

X1-12

Smash Champion
(The passing of forks happens before any Night actions (i.e Roleblocking) occurs
Both Mafia members agree what they are going to do with the forks:
A gives his to B and B Acts that Night
B gives his to A and A acts that Night
No passing occurs and the members can both attempt to act relying on the players to their lefts.

If one of the Mafia Members wants to pass a fork they will PM me to that effect, if both Mafia Members send in an action I'll assume they're not passing at all

X1-12

Smash Champion
Thread is being Locked and PMs are going out! Confirm via PM and the game will start when everyone has confirmed or within 48 hours

A few things:
I will let Night Phases run for their full length, and I will always accept only the most recent submission (so you can change your mind at any time before the deadline)
Your role PM will be sent to both you and Kary, I suggest you use this conversation if you need to communicate with the Mods so we will both see it.

Happy Dining and Philosophising!

EDIT: Also just realised I managed to break all the images in the Role Pms and cba to fix them, hope you don't mind

X1-12

Smash Champion
It turns out I'm unable to lock the Thread, but please do not post in this thread until I announce the start of Day 1. Confirm via PM

X1-12

Smash Champion
Start of Day 1

Votecount 1.0 - [5/9] - Deadline 11pm GMT on 4th March!

dabuz [0]
Known Mafia [0]
Kreative Whiz Kids [0]
Masquerain [0]
Killstic [0]
TBG [0]
Red Ryu [0]
Tac [0]
soup [0]

Not Voting [9] - dabuz, Known Mafia, KWK, Masquerain, Killstic, TBG, Red Ryu, Tac, soup

~Tac~ failed to confirm within 48 hours so will receive a prod!

[collapse=Table Arrangements]

[/collapse]

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Vote: ~Tac~

Pressure the newbie until he town or scumtells.

#HBC | ѕoup

...Look at the phase we're in. If you took my intention as serious, then you've completely detracted the whole point of that post. Congratulations, Kantplay.

#HBC | ѕoup

Do you even know what you're saying? I sometimes wonder.

What are you trying to show by mimicing me in a snarky manner? Do you understand why I made that original post? Do you understand why I responded the way I did? If you can't answer either, then you don't know the context and you don't know the reason. Therefore, your post makes absolutely no sense and you're doing it wrong.

#HBC | ѕoup

I understand you're really anxious and that you're trying to force content but now ~Tac~ will ignore what I said completely. Thank you. Thank you for getting involved when you didn't need to.

Killstic

Smash Rookie
@mod: I'm assuming that if both mafia refuse to trade forks and instead successfully try to pick up the fork to their left, that they both gain priority to kill which would translate to them picking one target and both of them being committed to the target's death. Therefore a role block on one of them would be ineffective. However in the act of one mafia passing a fork to another, the mafia that obtains the passed fork would be only one committed to the target's death and if role blocked would result in no one dying during the night phase. Just to confirm though, that it is not the case that if both mafia refuse to trade forks and instead successfully try to pick up the fork to their left, that this results in both mafia being able to commit and execute two separate kill targets, which if unblocked would result in two deaths during that night phase.

TBG

Smash Cadet
I understand you're really anxious and that you're trying to force content but now ~Tac~ will ignore what I said completely. Thank you. Thank you for getting involved when you didn't need to.
THROW MORE VOTES AT IT

vote tac

Killstic

Smash Rookie
Guys we're too rowdy. I think we scared the other half of the table. Not to mention that these groupings are completely discriminatory and ACLU worthy.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@mod: I'm assuming that if both mafia refuse to trade forks and instead successfully try to pick up the fork to their left, that they both gain priority to kill which would translate to them picking one target and both of them being committed to the target's death. Therefore a role block on one of them would be ineffective. However in the act of one mafia passing a fork to another, the mafia that obtains the passed fork would be only one committed to the target's death and if role blocked would result in no one dying during the night phase. Just to confirm though, that it is not the case that if both mafia refuse to trade forks and instead successfully try to pick up the fork to their left, that this results in both mafia being able to commit and execute two separate kill targets, which if unblocked would result in two deaths during that night phase.
The passing of forks happens before any other Night actions (i.e this cannot be roleblocked), however after that, NAR is used so if you roleblock a player who would kill someone, they would become unable to do so.
If the two mafia members do not trade forks but nonetheless both able to pick up two forks, they will both be able to use any action(s) that they have

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
Soup: was Kwk butting into your Statement towards tac indicative of alignment at all?

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm glad you asked that. I actually think he's town for the moment being and I was more annoyed than anything else. I can understand his motive for his posts that doesn't mean they were very good. My assumption is that KWK rolled town, got anxious and felt the need to try and force content. I would expect both of them to be more careful as scum. Do you agree?

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad you asked that. I actually think he's town for the moment being and I was more annoyed than anything else. I can understand his motive for his posts that doesn't mean they were very good. My assumption is that KWK rolled town, got anxious and felt the need to try and force content. I would expect both of them to be more careful as scum. Do you agree?
I don't see why kwktown needs to force content at all. I regarded it at null on first glance, but I agree with your statement of them being more careful as scum a la Ff8 mafia.
I might be biased slightly wrt the forcing content because my natural town play gets content going regardless of my trying or not.
Why hoping so quick? He's at L-2 just hours into the dayphase.
Vote:Dabuz
I'd like to pologize at TBG because i just realized that KWK voted soup. Disregard this.

#HBC | ѕoup

It's not about the instance of forcing content rather the intention. I felt their attempts were genuine.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
It's rather simple that people such as myself would draw such attention and excitement. Even I need sleep, dear fellows.

Now what is genuine, would be an attack of such caliber upon one evidently unbeknownst. One shameless of a sucker punch in a fight.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
It's not about the instance of forcing content rather the intention. I felt their attempts were genuine.
Alright.
It's rather simple that people such as myself would draw such attention and excitement. Even I need sleep, dear fellows.

Now what is genuine, would be an attack of such caliber upon one evidently unbeknownst. One shameless of a sucker punch in a fight.
Are you saying that the attacks on you are ungenuine?
Do you always post like this, or is it an RVs thing?

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't understand what you mean, ~Tac~. I just called you town and said you were crumbing your role because it's clear that you don't speak like this normally.

Is this a restriction? I don't see why would it be.

Top Bottom