• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 24 - SMT: Devil Survivor LAW IS VICTORIOUS #1 CHAOS LOSES AHAHAHAH

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
One born of Human flesh...
Man is now a race of some power.
You, Son of man,
must face the power you hold.
And you must face your destiny as well...
Though your days be peaceful,
the fated time draws near.
I am your judgment.
I sundered the tongue of your fathers
and shattered their arrogant power.
So Long as the lord does not live in you,
all living beings hold darkness
in their hearts.
If you truly wish to be yourself,
then rise and fight the darkness within...
the demon inside.
If you have the will to challenge
your destiny of battle, son of man,
state your name...

[Collapse=Rules]
Fundamentals:

1. Don't be a **** to others. Though doing so may amuse the moderator, it may not amuse others and thus won't be tolerated. First major offense results in a warning. Second will result in modkill or forced replacement. Do not abuse this privilege, requests to modkill a player under this guideline will be ignored. I will handle all modkills/warnings if I feel they are necessary.

2. Dead men tell no tales. Do not post in this thread if you are dead. You may not use the "Like" feature on other players posts once you are dead.

3. No communication about this game is allowed, unless permitted by Green Room, or me.

4. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.

5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing. I will make a background check if you wish to replace in, do not join this game if you do not have the time to commit to it.

6. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM.
7. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). No Chibos.

8. You may not post screenshots of any kind.

9. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)

10. You may not quote logs of communication with other players; hydras are not an exception. You are free to paraphrase.

Voting and Lynching:

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Sold2.

2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote

3. You do not have to unvote before voting another player.

4. A majority lynch will end the day. There is a 24 Hour Twilight Phase. You are allowed to still talk during this phase, until I post the flip. The thread will then be locked.

5. Modkills on town-aligned members end the day, but scum kills do not. Don't abuse this.

Activity and Deadlines

1. The following game will require your utmost activity and effort. I will not be lenient and you are expected to at least post once every 48 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. Recieve too many prods and you will be force replaced or your slot will be modkilled.

2. Failure to reach a majority lynch by the time the preset deadline will result in a no lynch.

3. I will grant ONE deadline extension. On special occasions, such as replacement or holidays, this may change.

4. Day Phases will generally last 10 days. Night Phases will generally last 48 hours, and will end quicker if I receive all actions.

Game-Specific

2. All roles are assigned randomly.

3. Knowing the flavor will make me happy, but relying too much on it will get you burned. Don't do it.

4. I do not confirm or deny the existence of an independent faction.

5. I confirm the existence of at least one Mafiosi faction.

6. I confirm that all moderator relayed messages or information is strictly accurate.

7. Anomdaris_Rake and Potassium are your ICs. Ranmaru is your SE. Say hello![/collapse]

[collapse="Player list"]

Still Surviving:
1. GaGa
2. Frozenflame751
4. Raziek
5. pwndidater2
6. Badwolf
8. Potassium (IC)
9. Rake (IC)

Dead as a doorknob:
3. Turazok, Vanilla Townie
7. Ranmaru (SE), Vanilla Townie
1. GaGa, Town Voyeur

Replacements:
1. Nabe
2. Raziek[/collapse]

[collapse="Important Posts"]
1st Day Begins
1st Day Ends..
2nd Day Begins.
2nd Day Ends.[/collapse]

#HBC | ѕoup

Hello and welcome to Newbie 24. I'm your completely ambiguous host, Metatron *ahem* Soup.

FAQ:
Q: What the hell is SMT: Devil Survivor?

A: It's an ordinary day. You're supposed to be spending time with your friends, Atsuro and Yuzu, and your cousin, Naoya. Instead, he gives you three modified COMPs, or Communication Players, that suddenly summon demons and make the three of you demon tamers. You also receive emails predicting the future, and you can see "death clocks" above people's heads, a countdown to their deaths. Soon after, Tokyo is put under lockdown, and you see that most people's clocks are set to seven days - at the most. What's going to happen? Can you survive? Devil Survivor is part of the Japanese Shin Megami Tensei franchise, by Atlus. This particular SRPG sports a turn-based battle system, an events system where you interact with various characters, and six alternate endings depending on what events you've caused - or not. Strategic maneuvering, against-the-clock event-pursuing, and what might be a hellish Last Day - yeah, it can get addicting and I highly recommend you give it a try. The series in general is known for it's insane difficulty at times though, so newcomers be aware.

Q: Sounds Great! Do I need to know flavor in order to play this?

A: No. It's not required at all and all of my games usually don't follow canon and don't have spoilers.

Q: I'm completely new to Mafia and I don't understand how any of this works!

A: There are three special players in this game who will help you with any of your mafia related questions. They are marked IC or SE on the player-list. Do not hesitate to ask them anything, and I expect for them to be on their best behavior.
Metatron doesn't put up with chaosfags.

You may also refer to the MafiaScum's Newbie Guide or their Flash Tutorial.

Q: Awesome! When does this start?

I will send out Role PMs. After everyone confirms that they understand their Role PM and that they have recieved it, the game will start. You may /confirm in thread or by PM.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

#HBC | ѕoup

All Role PMs have been sent out. You may use this thread to chat before the game starts, but try not to stray too off-topic.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
/confirm

*IC POST*
Alright *clears throat*

Hello, and welcome to mafia, I'll be one of your IC's, for your sanity, just call me Rake, my fellow IC, Potassium, can also be called Kantrip.

Now you may be wondering: What is an IC ?

Well, an IC is an Inexperienced Challenged player, which is a fancy way of saying we've played a good deal of mafia, whether here, or on other sites.

Now, if you have any questions for me about the game (for example some of you may be asking: "What is WIFOM" ? )

Simply address me or Kantrip like so:

@IC: What is WIFOM ?

Feel free to ask Ranmaru as well : (Just remember that we IC's are here for a reason) :p

@SE: What is WIFOM ?

and one of or both me and Kantrip or Ran will try to answer your question.

When we do an IC post, we will let you know by either prefacing the IC section like I did in this post, or by italicizing the IC portion of the post, like I have here.

Right now, we are in the Pre-Game phase, which as the name suggests, happens before the game starts, this is generally the time we chat about nothing in particular, and confirm that we understand our roles.

To confirm your role, you simply have to /confirm, you can make your confirmation unique or cool or whatever, as long as you include the confirm command.

Now, just because this stage is more jokey and non-serious, doesn't mean it's any less relevant to the game; You have to remember that people will have their roles by now, and may be, consciously or not, affected by them. So don't write off Pre-Game as : LOL.

*End IC Post*

Now, I have some questions for you all:

@Newbies: How do you plan to approach your first mafia game.(Or if your Badwulf, how do you plan to approach this game)
@Experienced Players: Do you plan to approach this game any differently, if so, Why ?

*IC Post*

If you ever have questions for another player or player's, simply address them the way I have been.

For example, say I want to ask Mari777 how his day was:

@Mari777: How has your day been ?

it's that simple.

*End IC Post*

Now, let's all have fun and try to win :D

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Now, you'll notice in the rules it says you cannot edit your posts, and to instead double post in it's place.

The accepted way to do this is to use a EBWOP or (as it's an acronym )

Edit By Way Of Post.

For example, let's say here I say: I think Badwulf has smelly feet.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
/Confirm.

@Rake: Yes. I will reserve my answer for later in the game (once it progresses out of RVS). Showing my hand isn't something I'd want scum to see. I hope that you can trust that I'll deliver that answer. I also laughed at the "What is Wifom?" question. I almost answered it too. I was like "Yeah, he would".

#HBC | ѕoup

I added tunes to the OP. Devil Survivor's OST is pretty bitchin.'

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm playing Devil Survivor right now. :cool:

GaGa

Smash Journeyman
@Newbies: How do you plan to approach your first mafia game.(Or if your Badwulf, how do you plan to approach this game)
@Experienced Players: Do you plan to approach this game any differently, if so, Why ?
Just as I approach melee.
-Respecting neutral.
-Punishing quickly and efficiently.
-Adapting.
-Having as much fun as possible.

:bee:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Here are three rules you should follow for now:
  • Don't self vote. (there are really no points during a Newbie setup where this is a good idea, please avoid it however logical you may think it is, if you still do, hold those thoughts in notes until after the game finishes)
  • Don't lie. Especially if you are a Vanilla Townie Role. I strongly advise against lying if you have this role as usually it will only hurt town in the end. Just don't lie at all, easier that way for you. Power Roles too, don't lie please. I'll talk a little bit about claiming soon.
  • It's a game - have fun. My priority in mafia is to have fun, before winning. (I do want to win, yet my motivation to win is the fun)
Questions for you all:

-What time zone are you in?
-How much mafia experience do you have, here or elsewhere?
-Why are you playing in this game?
-What is your stance with inactivity? How will you deal with it?
-What do you think of people confirming late? Is it suspicious? Why or why not?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My answers:
-Eastern -5.
-I have alot. I started playing in 2009 I think. I played a bit in Mafia Scum afterwards. Still improving.
-I'm playing in this game because it's fun to play with newbies and help them.
-I will withhold my stance on this until some newbies answer
-I will withhold my stance on this until some newbies answer

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
/confirm

Lol I have no idea what I'm doin save me ran bro :(
Don't worry. You can trust me. Remember when I was leading you guys to the venue in Apex? Well. We got there. After we got lost. But I helped. :cool:

Just remember that we are looking for the bad guys, and try to work from there. You'll learn the concept from experience, just put some effort into it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually, I think Rake can handle talking about Claims. You want to comment on my #24, Rake?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Questions for you all:

- Central
- I've been here a year. No idea how many games I've done.
- Time sink > I like Soup's flavor from other games > I wanted to try to see if I could teach people to mafia
- Punish with votes and lynches if necessary
- Too many possibilities for me to read into it heavily, null tell / WIFOM-Y overall. It's null. Because random Role PM sending yo.

*IC Post*

You've seen me use WIFOM a couple times, WIFOM is another mafia acronym, standing for Wine In Front Of ME, from the movie the Princess Bride. WIFOM is when one plays a guessing game with info they don't know about that could go either way. For example, I don't have any information as to why player's show up late, and it could fall into anything really, RL stuff, not knowing the thread was live, or there could be scum intent. But because I don't know, I try to guess and make assumptions on player's without having all the information I need to decide if a player confirming late is suspicious or not

*End IC Post *

GaGa

Smash Journeyman
Questions for you all:

- Eastern?
- None.
- To win.
- I dont like it; dependant on the situation.
- Nothing in particular; Perhaps...although it would depend on what they said subsequently after. To explain why/why not would be superfluous.

- also, HI!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

And sure Ran, but I'll leave it for now, I promised Soup I'd behave and that includes limiting the amount of times I accidentally flood this thread. Plus I may want to let Kantrip handle some of this stuff too lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah, good stuff Rake. I should refrain from that too. But try to remember that you mold the activity of the game by example. If Kantrip isn't here, don't let the game stagnate to inactivity. :D An active game is a fun game.

I think a good rule would be to wait for posts in between your posts so that you know you aren't flooding, to achieve balance. (For myself as well, after this : P )

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Alright, by the way, if you think I'm being unclear in a IC post, feel free to build on it, I'm just learning how to make them and such lol, so I could see that they might not be the clearest all the time and what not.

I'll be around a good deal, and I'll try to set a good example for activity, but my main reason for slowing my own posting down is I don't want to scare newer player's off mafia because they leave the thread one day and come back to 3 new pages of stuff to shift through, I could see that being a tad overwhelming when they are just learning the ropes.

Plus my posts tend to jump, a lot, so I'm putting myself on a retainer of sorts you could say, for this IC'ing experience.

I think it'll work itself out nicely :D.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sure no problem. I'll let you do the work and if I see something missed (if Kantrip doesn't catch it) I'll build on it.

I understand. I know Sword's Paper Mario Newb Mafia was a great example of that. Yet, I don't really know if it was just my and the other IC's fault. xD A bunch of the newbies at that time were also very active in posting.

I do too. :D

Kantrip

Kantplay
/confirm

@Rake: I'm planning to take this game slow and keep it simple, for self-explanatory reasons. I'm impressed with your IC posts so far, keep it up dude!

*IC Stuff*

Hey everyone! I'm Potassium (I also go by Kantrip), and I'll be an IC in this game along with Rake (IC stands for Inexperience Challenged, which is a mafia term for experienced players in a Newbie game). As ICs, it is our job to help you guys by answering any questions you may have, explaining key concepts, and ensuring you have a good time and hopefully learn to play some mafia! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, and one of us (or Ranmaru) will answer to the best of our abilities. Anything we tell you using our "IC voice" will be honest and accurate information. However, we are also players in this game, and mafia is a game of lies and deceit. While we won't lie to you in IC portions of posts, not everything we do or say can necessarily be trusted. Keep this in mind when looking at how we, and every other player, plays this game. We can be mafia just like everyone else.

Ranmaru mentioned the term RVS in his post #13. RVS stands for "Random Voting Stage". This is the stage in the game where nobody yet has any leads to go off of, so any votes will likely have little to no backing behind them. This phase of the game tends to be less serious than later on and votes will often be thrown about randomly. Hence, Random Voting Stage.

*End Transmission*

To answer Ran's questions:

I live in BC (Pacific Time Zone).
I've lost count of how many games I've played. I'm pretty well-versed though I definitely have loads of room for improvement.
I felt like teaching others to play would really help me get better at mafia as well and slow down my gameplay.
Inactivity sucks but it can be for so many reasons that I don't get tells from it. I would like to try to get inactive players more involved in the game though.
I'm pretty late to confirm. Didn't check the site until now, it's a pretty null thing. Too many reasons behind it.
I won't have toooo much time to play over this week due to Easter stuff. I'll still be around and checking up though.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
/confirm

Questions for you all:

- Central

-About as much as Bagon that wants to fly

-It looked like fun. I love anything having to do with strategy/RP :p

-Heh...like I can judge another person for being inactive...
In all seriousness though, sometimes people get busy.
If the reason is decent, then it's not a problem in my eyes.

-I'd... actually like to know why that is suspicious. :ohwell:

@IC: Why is it suspicious when a person confirms late?

:006:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You didn't exactly answer the question. Did you ask for help because you were nervous about being caught (for being last to confirm), and didn't know anything else to do?

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Yes, I was, and you're not helping! :mad:

That isn't why I asked though. I just like to know what a person might have to gain by responding late, wouldn't that just make people more suspicious of them?

:006:

As far as the question goes, I did answer it.
I don't know what to think of it, hence why I asked.

Top Bottom