• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scott Pilgrim vs. The Mafia | GAME OVER: Infinite Sadness/Finest Hour

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

READ THE RULES!!! Just about all of you should be familiar with most of them, but I have made some modifications to them for this game specifically. I don't want to have to modkill someone because they didn't bother to read a minor rule change.

[COLLAPSE="General Rules and Information"]
Helpful Links:
Newbie's Guide to Mafia | Basic Rules of Mafia | Common Roles

Fundamental Rules:
  • Don't be a ****. It is natural for discussion and debate to become heated in games of Mafia, but try not to get worked up to the point of ruining the experience for yourself or others. We're all here to have fun.
  • Editing your posts is not allowed; multi-posting is fine and is encouraged in place of editing. Any and all edits will result in a MOD vote. MOD votes last until the end of the current Day phase.
  • "Liking" posts is only allowed if you are a player currently in the game (no outsiders, no dead players, no replaced players, etc.)
  • Unless your role specifically states otherwise, you may not converse with any other players outside the thread, dead or alive.
  • Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator. You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words! Posting your Role PM or any form of mod communication will result in an immediate modkill. If you are concerned about how to adhere to this rule, contact me. In addition, for minor flavor reasons specific to this game, you are not allowed to reveal what your character's "color" is (if you're unsure of what I mean by this, contact me). Treat it as confidentially as the actual image in your role PM.
  • The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  • Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
  • HYDRA SPECIFIC RULE: A hydra will receive a MOD vote for each time one of its heads posts in thread off-account, regardless of whether or not the hydra later quotes the offending posts. There is no limit to the number of MOD votes a single hydra can accrue, but a hydra cannot be hammered by a MOD vote. MOD votes expire at the end of each Day phase.
Activity and Deadlines
  • You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. If I decide that you have accumulated to many prods, you will be replaced or a modkilled depending on the circumstances. I will tell you if I am considering replacing/modkilling you for activity reasons.
  • If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  • In the event that I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the replacement player. If a replacement player cannot be found, I will modkill the slot.
  • Day phases will generally last approximately 7 days.
  • Night phases will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM stating so.
  • Night phases will end when either 48 hours have passed.
Voting and Lynching:
  • Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold Vote command. For example, Vote: Evil Eye.
  • To unvote, use the command Unvote. For example, Unvote, Vote: Tom. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
  • No Lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
  • After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene (or "flip") is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the flip is posted, the game will move to the Night phase.
  • The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If the deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  • There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
  • After you have died in the game, you are allowed one final (and short) "Go Town/Scum!" post.
Set-Up:
  • This is a Closed Set-up for 15 Players with all roles assigned at random.
  • This game is a Full Reveal game, meaning that, upon death, role/alignment information about the player is revealed.
  • I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up: Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Survivor
  • I do not confirm the presence or absence of any other roles.
  • I confirm there is a Town faction [called Town] in this game and there is at least one Mafia faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafia factions.
  • I neither confirm nor deny the presence of any Independent role(s).
  • I confirm that all information revealed by myself in public is strictly accurate.
[/COLLAPSE]

[collapse=Sample Role PM]

"This song is for the guy who keeps yelling from the balcony, and it's called 'We Hate You, Please Die.'"

Crash Wilson
Alignment: Town
Role: Vanilla
Fun Fact: Crash used to be the frontman of the band Crash and The Boys, until a "hostile takeover" resulted in a name change to The Boys!! And Crash!

You are Lucas "Crash" Wilson! You are the titular "Crash" from such well-known local bands as Crash and The Boys and The Boys!! And Crash! You and "the boys" (one of which is technically a girl) used to compose a local garage band that played fast (sometimes very fast), loud, rock music with electric guitars and such, until relentless rehearsing eventually bestowed upon you the ability to manipulate sound through sheer willpower. This allows you to play music without any instruments! For some reason, it also requires you to wear goggles and big, goofy, rubber gloves. Or maybe that's just your stage uniform now? I don't know.

Special Abilities

None

Special Attributes

None

Win Condition

K.O. all enemies!
[/collapse]

The Roster:
  1. Ranmaru
  2. Kary
  3. frozenflame751 Raziek
  4. Zen
  5. PrivateJoker-Brown
Unlocked:

1. FullMetalLynch (Young Neil, Town Vanilla) K.O.-d D1
  2. J (Wallace Wells, Town Amnesiac Cop) K.O.-d N1
  3. soupamarioyoshiluigiwario (Knives Chau, Mafia Goon) K.O.-d D2
  4. Gova (Stephen Stills, Town Vanilla) K.O.-d N2
  5. Red Ryu (Kim Pine, Mafia Goon) K.O.-d N2
  6. BarDulL (Gideon Graves, Hated Vengeful Townie) K.O.-d D3
  7. KevinM (Julie Powers, Mafia Stalker/Traitor) K.O.-d D3
  8. Potassium (Jason Kim, Town Vanilla) K.O.-d N3
  9. Vinyl. (Todd Ingram, Town Roleblocker) K.O.-d D4
  10. Nabe (Ramona Flowers, Town Jack-of-all-Trades) K.O.-d N4

DLC:
  1. --
Important Posts

Day 1 Begins | Night 1 Begins
Day 2 Begins | Night 2 Begins
Day 3 Begins | Night 3 Begins
Day 4 Begins | A CHALLENGER APPROACHES | Night 4 Begins
Day 5 Begins

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
"Weird. I expected more people."

"Yeah, this place is usually crammed."

"Well, we all got messages to come here, right? Maybe this is, like, some ultra exclusive event or something."

"But only sixteen of us? That is ultra exclusive."

"Indeed. Plus, if that were the case, I'm pretty sure I would have heard about it before now.

Sixfteen individuals currently stand in the Chaos Theatre, and it has become apparent to each of them that something is amiss here.

"So we all got the same message?"

"Seems that way. It was pretty cryptic. It was from a blocked number and it didn't even mention anything about what was going on here. But who turns down a personal invitation to the Chaos Theatre? Most people would sell their own mothers just to get a spot in the line usually leading into this place."

"Most people are terrible."

The lights are static and curiously bright for a club. There is no music playing. The echoing voices of the individuals are all that break the silence.

"Well whatever's gonna happen better happen fast. I do have better things to be doing with my time than standing around in a big, empty room with you losers."

"Charming. I think I probably speak for everyone here when I say that you're not really our preferred company either."

Finally, a happening; the lights—all of them—blink out at once. White noise invades the silence, growing exponentially louder, until it arrives at a dull hum.

"What the hell is going on?!"

A field of energy swims over the walls and ceiling, warping the very building as it passes through. A portion of the group runs to the main entrance on instinct, but they're too late. By the time they reach the doors, touching the surface blows them back to the center of the room.

"Well, this smells like a trap."

"I knew it! This had 'trap' written all over it! What kind of idiots follow orders from anonymous sources with unclear motives?"

Curiosity is often more persuasive than caution.

"Oh, what is this, some bad, B-grade horror movie? We're hardly trapped. I bet there isn't a single person in this room who doesn't have a cell phone with them. Somebody just call for help."

"Actually, I just tried that. Got nothing. Seems like whatever force it is that's keeping us in here also fries our phones."

"Great. If our phones are useless then what are our options?"

"They're not totally useless. It seems like they still work within the bubble; the signals just can't penetrate the barrier. G'head and check your phone; I just sent you something nice."

The individual speaking in red text checks their phone.

"Ugh, the last thing I needed to see right now was a picture of your ****."

"It's not a picture of my ****...."

"Not helpful! Everyone keep their genitalia tucked until we figure a way out of here. And then leave it tucked."

It is at this moment that a large spot light bursts to life, illuminating a single object in one of the far corners of the room—an arcade machine. A curious object in this setting, yet, somehow, it had gone unnoticed until now. Like moths to flame, the group is drawn to the machine. What else is there to do?

"What is this doing here?"

"You don't know?"

"Clearly not. Would you like to enlighten us?"

"I will."

A robotic, but not altogether inhuman voice emanates from the arcade machine, accompanied by matching text appearing on screen. The voice is distorted, but seems capable of expressing emotion to a degree.

"It talked!"

"Yeah, obviously. We all heard it. Don't act like this is the weirdest thing you've seen."

The robotic voice continues....

"You were not wrong when you theorized that this could be an 'ultra exclusive event.' You have been hand picked for a very special endeavor."

At this time, the text on the screen vanishes. It is replaced by a mysterious image.

"What's this?"

"It looks like a character select screen. Like Street Fighter or something. Only there's nobody to select."

"So where are all the characters?"

"You probably have to pay for them. Everything's DLC these days."

The voice of the arcade machine clarifies.

"They have yet to be unlocked. Or, it may be more correct to say, you have yet to be unlocked.

[COMMUNAL GASP]

"That's right. You will compose the roster of Love Hurts, an epic—"

"'Love Hurts?' That's pretty cliche, don't you think? Why not just call it Romancing The Fist? Actually, that's not bad...."

"IT'S A WORKING TITLE, JACKASS."

The Theatre quakes; the force field shifts. The individual speaking in grey text is sent colliding against it. A new voice booms as if from everywhere.

The individual crumples to the ground, clutching his sides even though everything hurts, before bursting into a cascade of coins.

The voice booms again.

An NPC (Crash Wilson, Town Vanilla) has been K.O.-ed!

After a moment of shock, the group of fifteen remaining, would-be players turn back to the screen to see that it has been slightly altered.

The arcade continues....

"As I was saying, you're going to be the characters for this new game. As you have now witnessed, joining is simple. Just DIE."

"If you think we're going to let ourselves get sealed away in cyberspace without a fight, you're dreaming."

"I was hoping you'd say that. This wouldn't be any fun at all if you just rolled over after one, measly casualty. But no more cheating on my end. From here on out, all deaths must be dealt within the group."

"Within the group? Why would we fight each other?"

"Because, silly, that's the only way you're ever getting out of here. I'm just a tool. To be sporting, your real enemies, the ones who set this whole scenario into motion, have sneaked in amongst yourselves."

Silent, sideways glances are tossed amongst the group. How many of these people can really be trusted?

"The only way to rescue anyone who gets trapped in the game—indeed, the only way to prevent ALL of you from becoming trapped—is to find the your true enemies and K.O. them before they K.O. you.

"How meta...."

"So meta."

What a sassy computer.

"If you can successfully eliminate all of your enemies, you will all be freed. I don't see that happening, but hopefully the journey to the end will be at least a little bit fun for everyone. Here's a little mood music to start you off. ROUND 1. FIGHT!"

Day 1 begins!

Vote Count
FullMetalLynch [0]:
Red Ryu [0]:
soupamarioyoshiluigiwario [0]:
Potassium [0]:
BarDulL [0]:
Badwolf28738 [0]:
Ranmaru [0]:
Kary [0]:
frozenflame751 [0]:
KevinM [0]:
J [0]:
Zen [0]:
Vinyl. [0]:
Nabe [0]:
PrivateJoker-Brown [0]:

Not Voting: FullMetalLynch, Red Ryu, soupamarioyoshiluigiwario, Potassium, BarDulL, Badwold28738, Ranmaru, Kary, frozenflame751, KevinM, J, Zen, Vinyl., Nabe, PrivateJoker-Brown

With 15 players alive, 8 votes are required for lynch.

A deadline has been set for Monday, June 3rd, at 11:59pm, EST.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That feel when Badwolf ninja'd me as a result of me leaving this thread open for too long.

Still, Badwolf's as good a play as any, right?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Love the flavour of the game.

Vote: Marshy's slot

You brought me to play, let's play.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh it's about to get real in this *****. Marshy's calling me out on a technicality. I guess this brings it up from 1 for Marshy to J's 20 or something. Hmm, guess we have to give the elders a point every now and then.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lmao that scores fine with me j. i figure its only fair i give you a head start

and you dont KNO about dat old school life. i got old school bros on their way dont worry well teach you how to play this game again

Your posse from the senile senior center don't scare me. I don't need any back-up to face ya. I'm not gonna be a little ***** and hide behind others. Why do you have to though? Little scared? Yeah a little scared. It's okay they say you can even teach an old dawg new tricks.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
if orbo flakes i'm 100% not doing this **** alone.

vote : kary

n so it begins

FullMetalLynch

@soupamarioyoshiluigiwario

u see how i hardbodied da scum early in GS Maf ? U wanna do dat here ?

#get at me

FullMetalLynch

Wait an see if badwulf does something really weird / dumb. Then we'll know (no offence).

If it looks like he's trying real hard to be pro level amurzing, he's prolly scum

Top Bottom