• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa VS Kefka -- The Endless Tournament ends! Who took home the prize?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
STEPHEN TOTILO
MARCH 26TH 2013
Twitter Leak: Nintendo, Square-Enix, And Arc System Works Collaborating On Super Smash Brothers Franchise?
(via Kotaku)

Up until now, there's been no recent news on the upcoming Super Smash Bros sequel... but that may have changed. Breaking news from Twitter, as a recent tweet from Arc System Works may have thrown everything we know out the door:

[IMAGE PULLED BY REQUEST OF ARC SYSTEM WORKS]

TRANSLATION
(Very excited after preliminary meetings with @Nintendo and @SquareEnixUSA! We are honored to be working with these strong old companies and their massive IPs!)​

Now that's something for Wii U owners to salivate over. When I think fighting games and Nintendo, I can only think of Super Smash Bros. Is Nintendo taking a new more technical direction for this outing? And will we see the inclusion of a few "fantasy" characters?

We've contacted all three parties for comment. As always, stay tuned to Kotaku, the first source breaking the news on this new collaboration.

(Update 1) The tweet has been pulled. Was there a faux-pas?

(Update 2) Square-Enix and ASW declined to comment on the story. Nintendo issued us a statement a week after this article:

Hi, Stephen! We at Nintendo are committed to ensuring that our fans are satisfied with all of our diverse products. As such, I am happy to inform you that the new Super Smash Bros product is still being developed in collaboration with Sora Ltd. and Namco-Bandai Games. If you are interested in Nintendo and fighting game products, I hope you're excited for E3! Remember to 'Play It Loud!'

Scott Moffit
Executive V.P. of Marketing
Nintendo of America

Oh. Well then. Not Smash Bros (sorry again, readers!) but very mysterious nonetheless. And is that last line a reference to the Nintendo marketing campaign from the 90's?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

DAVID HINKLE
MAY 30TH 2013
Mysterious Graffiti Appears Outside E3 Convention Centre
(via Joystiq)

Here at Joystiq, we pride ourselves on breaking video gaming news first, before anyone else, to bring you the best coverage that we possibly can. As such, we had to post about this imagery right now. This is an image that was painted on a wall of the Los Angeles Convention Centre late last night.
Let me be clear: I don't tolerate vandalism. This holy convention centre is our Mecca, and only several days from now, it'll play host to the biggest video-gaming palooza of the year, the Electronic Entertainment Expo. Whoever besmirched these walls should be ashamed, since as far as I can tell it bears no resemblance whatsoever to any video-game-related media. I'm just glad we could bring this important news to our readers, and so quickly, before they lost faith in humanity.
This is no joke. It's a disgrace, and I only hope the horrible gangrenous perpetrators come forth to pay for its removal before the show.
(Update) Nintendo and Square-Enix have contacted us to say that this is actually a marketing stunt, endorsed by them and by the Expo. I and Joystiq apologize for any sleight.
Although I'm still not sure how I could have known, given the complete lack of evidence. Worst marketing ever, IMO.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WESLEY RUSCHER
JUNE 17TH 2013
New Wii U game "Koopa VS Kefka" to debut at open tournament in Seattle
(via Destructoid)

We at Destructoid have the honor of breaking the news today that new Wii U outing "Koopa VS Kefka" will debut at a special tournament in Seattle, WA, a month from today. The tournament will be open to all comers, and will take place over several days.

This follows on the heels of the still-astonishing announcement (which we broke the news of, remember) of the Mario / Final Fantasy VI crossover fighting game collaboration (try saying that three times fast!) produced by Nintendo and Square-Enix and developed by Nobulus Games, an unheard-of newcomer to the gaming industry in general, never mind fighting games which have evolved into a specific and technical beast all their own.

Astute readers will remember Destructoid's break of the Twitter leak in March, where Arc System Works announced a collaboration between them, Nintendo and Square-Enix. All indications seem to be that Koopa VS Kefka was this mystery project, but Arc doesn't seem to be involved. Was there perhaps a falling out over the Twitter leak scandal?

Whatever the case, this new game seems to be drawing attention, as self-proclaimed "fighters" from many different game franchises and nations look to try out this new game. (I can only assume this is true, as this one Asian guy I know is, quote, "very excited".) Speculation over the character roster is sparking all over The Internet. The competitors are presumably planning to converge on the site of this tournament the very second I break this news by pressing 'Post' on my handy Mass Post-Writing software. Hopefully I won't press it twicee.

More on this story as it develops.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAN VINH
JULY 15th 2013
Local eateries gear up for gaming event
(via the Seattle Times)

Video games are apparently a big deal these days, but they represent a bigger deal for restaurants downtown, as the WSCC plays host to a gaming tournament starting this weekend, and I for one am hungry.

Nine local restaurants will be servicing the event with lunchtime goodies, ranging over fine cuisine to tasty street meat. Reports are that the food will be paid for entirely by the event's hosts, but owners are saying this won't deter competition.

"We're all being paid equally," says one owner, "but we're still fighting in a tournament of our own, in a way. If all of these video game people eat my food instead of REDACTED over here or dumb REDACTED over there, then they'll remember how much they enjoyed it the next time they eat on their own dime, and they'll come back to me for more."

Whether or not this gaming tournament is a success may determine the fate of some up-and-coming gourmet joints nearby.

"In the game of food," says one owner, "you win, or you go into Chapter 11 bankruptcy."

#HBC | Nabe

Kefka
Sabin
Athletic Cactuar
Umaro
Ultros
Siegfried
Gau
Master Tonberry
Setzer
Mog
Gogo
Celes
Relm
Locke
Terra
Edgar & Chocobo
Cyan
Shadow
Strago​
Doopliss
Roy Koopa
Donkey Kong
Athletic Peach
Mario
Il Piantissimo
Lady Bow
Mr. L
Mona
Yoshi & Babies
Wanda the Fairy
Raphael the Raven
Shokora
Geno
Birdo
Rawk Hawk
Fawful
Virus Trio
Bowser

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Helpful Links:
Newbie's Guide to Mafia | Basic Rules of Mafia | Common Roles

Fundamental Rules: (new)
  1. Don't be a ****. It is natural for discussion and debate to become heated in games of Mafia, but try not to get worked up to the point of ruining the experience for yourself or others. We're all here to have fun.
  2. Editing your posts is not allowed; multi-posting is fine and is encouraged in place of editing. Any and all edits will result in a MOD vote punishment depending on the current game phase. DON'T EDIT POSTS.
  3. "Liking" posts is only allowed if you are a player currently in the game (no outsiders, no dead(?) players, no replaced players, etc.)
  4. Unless your role specifically states otherwise, you may not converse with any other players outside the thread, dead(?) or alive.
  5. Do not quote role PMs or any other form of private game communication, INCLUDING HOTEL ROOM GROUPS. You may paraphrase private communication as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words! Posting your Role PM or any form of mod communication will result in an immediate modkill. If you are concerned about how to adhere to this rule, contact me.
  6. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  7. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
  8. There is no Hydra rule, but use common sense and post on your Hydra account whenever possible.
Activity and Game Flow: (new)
  • You are fully responsible for your slot's activity. If you cannot play for any reason, it is your duty as a player to contact another player for replacement. During the time in which you are searching for a replacement, you are still responsible for your due activity in all phases. Failure to take part in required game events will result in prods, and eventual modkill if it becomes clear that your inactivity is harming the game.
  • I will roll my dice if need be for late actions, or even make you lose matches outright if it persists. Don't be late.
  • If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, announce "V/LA" in the thread (regardless of what phase the game is currently in). Night phase claims of V/LA are fine, as long as no other unnecessary information is present in the post.
  • The first phase cycle in this game (Day Cycle 1) is ordered Morning > Lunch > Match > Night.
  • Morning: Players will Vote during this phase on who will receive a bye for the Match round. (If for whatever reason there is an even number of players, two byes will be voted on simultaneously.) Players may also publicly Request to change their hotel room. Requests will be processed at the end of the Morning phase, in the order they were made, and will go into effect for Night phase. (This will be done semi-inclusively, so that players will get into their requested room if there is ever a free spot, but if there is a conflict, the first player who Requested will get in.) Any player who successfully changes hotel rooms via Request will be eating solo for Lunch phase. Morning phases will generally last 7 days, OR until activity is seen to be coming to a close.
  • Lunch: All players may talk within their hotel room groups ONLY. (Players who are solo for this phase are not allowed to talk to other players.) Many sponsor restaurants have food carts at the venue. Each day, one restaurant will have had their food poisoned by MAF, and will make any players who visit it sick for the rest of the Day. Poisoned restaurants are removed from the venue on subsequent Days. Each group's (or solo player's) choice of restaurant will be made privately in the group, either by vote (or by telling me in the case of a solo player), or by my own jurisdiction on group intent / random selection if time is short.
  • Match: After lunch, the players each play a match, through PMs with me. Scoring is best two of three rounds. The winner of a match gets 3 points. The loser of a match gets 1. Any player with a bye, if there is one during this phase, gets 2 points. Players who are sick with food poisoning from Lunch forfeit their match for the Day, and get no points, unless they have a bye. Players may talk in the thread during this phase, but matches are only played in private. The bye contacts me privately to Spectate any one match of their choice, meaning they'll learn some otherwise private details of the match.
  • Night: All players may talk within their hotel room groups ONLY. (This includes MAF members.) Any roles with Night choices will make them at this time. If they so choose, a player may play exactly one match (best 2/3) with another player in their room at this time, using any character of their choice, which I will facilitate to the best of my ability. (It is highly recommended to partake in this, to gain insight on the character roster and character interactions.) Groups with odd numbers of members must vote or otherwise agree in their group on which player will not take part in the match(es).
  • This cycle will continue at least for 6 game Days, and will continue beyond that if necessary until the point spread defines an 8-player Winner's Bracket. After the last Night phase of the cycle, Day Cycle 2 will start.
  • Days that are Cycle 2 are ordered Morning > Match > Night. Morning phases are the same length, but no voting takes place for a bye. Instead, votes are made to place one (or more) players under Suspicion for the subsequent Match Phase, which gives their Match opponent for the Day a guaranteed colour buff (see How Matches Work). Night phases are as they were in Cycle 1. Match phases consist of whatever matches are scheduled in the bracket for that day. Scoring is best 3 of 5 rounds. Players may talk in the thread during Morning and Match phases. (See Special Notes for details on the brackets.)
  • After the tournament is over, the game is over and we'll see which faction has won! (See Special Notes.) Does Koopa VS Kefka have a future in tournament play?!
How Matches Work:

At the start of a match, each player will receive a Match PM, asking them to choose two characters. One character is their Main, and the other is their Counterpick. One of the two must be a "Koopa" character, and the other must be a "Kefka" character. A player's Main must be used in at least one round of the match.

Matches consist of one or more rounds. Rounds are won and lost via a system of colours (rock-paper-scissors 9, essentially). Each character in Koopa VS Kefka has multiple moves and advanced techniques to perform, and each move has one or more colours associated with it. You will only learn which characters have which moves by getting your feet wet and playing as them (or by hearsay from others).

Don't get overwhelmed by all the arrows! Each colour beats the four colours counter-clockwise from it on the wheel, and is beaten by the four colours clockwise from it.

At the start of each round of a match, each player chooses to use their Main or their Counterpick for that round. Each player will then learn whether their opponent chose Main or Counterpick (but not which characters those choices represent). If both players chose their Main, play proceeds to move selection and resolves via the colour chart, and each player will learn what colour their opponent chose. If one player chose a Main and the other a Counterpick, the player with the Counterpick in play will get a colour buff (involving one or more of their moves gaining additional colours for that round). If both players chose their Counterpick, however, both players will play best of three moves with their Counterpick to determine who wins the single round.

And at its core, that's all there is to it! You'll be fighting in a lot of bouts, so don't forget this key information!

(But make sure you've also read the rules on Cheating in Special Notes. And take note: each player will have to choose a Main and a Counterpick at the start of the Brackets, to use for every official Bracket match until the end of the game.)

Other Special Notes:
  • On Removal: During any Morning Phase in Cycle 1, players may vote to Remove one player from the game permanently. This is done by simple majority, like a Lynch in traditional Mafia games. Votes towards Removal must be specified as such, or they will be counted as the regular Morning Phase votes (Bye/Suspicion) for that Cycle. Removal can only be used once in the whole game. Removal does not have to be used, and should be used carefully if at all, since the loss of even one Town or MAF member can shift the tides dramatically.
  • On the hotel room mechanic: The game will start with a Day 0, where players will privately message me with their top three preferred roommates from the player list. All room preferences will be weighed, and conflicts will be resolved by random selection. When rooms have been assigned, players will be given Night 0 (48 hours) to talk privately within their assigned hotel room groups. They may then talk in those groups ONLY during subsequent Lunch or Night phases. This includes members of MAF unless otherwise stated in their role!
  • On individual goals: Each player has an individual goal that may or may not be purely in their own interest. These are only goals to strive for, to potentially make a win more exceptional. There might also be an... associated prize?! (At my own judgment only, no promises.) Players are encouraged to go for their goals only when it does not conflict with their factional win condition, but still to go for those goals as if they were their own. Achieving the goals in full is not as important as trying to.
  • On brackets: Assuming there are still 13 players (there should be without modkills or Removal) at the end of Cycle 1, there will be an 8-player Winner's Bracket and 4-player Loser's Bracket. (The 13th player who is out of the fighting will be either the Tourney Cop, or a member of MAF.) As the brackets progress, players will filter down into successive rounds of the Loser's Bracket. Eventually, the final match will take place between the winners of the two brackets. The Loser's Bracket will last more matches than the Winner's Bracket, and losing in the Loser's Bracket means elimination from the tournament and from the game, so it's beneficial to win, win, win!
  • On the Tourney Cop: See the role PM!
  • On Cheating: All players can Cheat (except for the Tourney Cop). Doing so is as easy as telling me you're Cheating at the start of a round in a match. If a player Cheats, and their opponent does not Cheat, the Cheating player automatically wins the round, and both players will be shown an "outcome" that represents an ordinary "win". If both players Cheat, the round proceeds to an outcome by normal resolution. There is an additional method of Cheating available only to Team MAF -- using banned moves. This trumps normal Cheating, and again, both players will see an "outcome" reflecting an ordinary round. Banned moves may only be used in one round per match. Many characters do not have banned moves.
Set-Up:
  • This is a Semi-Open Set-up for 13 Players, with all roles assigned at random.
  • There are two factions in this game: the Town, and the members of the fightcrew MAF. The Tourney Cop, a Town-aligned player who polices cheaters and banned characters, wins with the town (in some regards) but has multiple goals to strive for. (See Special Notes.)
  • Team MAF consists of four members. If at any point MAF are the only players remaining in the Brackets, or if one of their members wins the tournament, then Team MAF wins the game. (If there are only MAF players left, the tournament will still play to a close.) But there is a spectrum of possible endings to this game that fall in between town winning and town losing -- try to beat MAF at every opportunity, however you can, so that Koopa VS Kefka has the best possible chance of becoming popular and being played at EVO!
  • Of MAF's four members: each one interferes with the standard play of one of the four phases of Day Cycle 1. They cannot communicate privately without being in a hotel room with each other, except for one member with a trick up his sleeve... or rather, a phone in his pocket, and he's keeping an eye out for the Tourney Cop, too. One shadowy member has an intimate knowledge of the inner workings of Koopa VS Kefka characters, and no non-disclosure agreement is going to stop him from exploiting it. Or, will he take even harsher steps? Another is eager to make money, even at the expense of other hard-working restauranteurs, and other players' personal health. And yet one more is a top tournament player of another franchise, who thinks fresh blood in the fighting game market is a death knell for his ailing community, and isn't afraid to demonstrate how unbalanced this character roster really is. If you're town, don't let these scoundrels win!
  • I confirm that all information revealed by myself in public is strictly accurate.
  • This game is experimental, so please try to have fun even if something is not perfect.
[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Player List"]Player List:
1. Wots All This Then? (Orboknown/JDietz43)
2. pawndidater2
3. Ryker giraffelasergun
4. PrivateJoker-Brown
5. Shocodoro Blagshidect (Sephiroths Masamune/Xonar)
6. thethirdkoopa
7. Red Ruy
8. Gheb_01
9. Picture Perfect (J/WashedLaundry)
10. soup
11. Potassium
12. Super Fabulous (-Masquerain/Ranmaru)
13. Anomandaris_Rake

People who might replace:
1. Chaco
2. AylasHero
3. BarDulL
4. giraffelasergun

5. You...?
Town: Don't be afraid to Cheat in matches when it counts. The punishment is minor, and it's only if you get caught. When you come up against Team MAF, you can bet they won't hesitate to Cheat to get ahead, and if they get ahead too often, town's chances of winning drop dramatically, leaving you in the dirt. This game is not a morality play. It's a war, no holds barred.

Tourney Cop: Don't claim, don't crumb, don't hint. You can bet that in Cycle 1, MAF is going to be on the lookout for you, and they might even be able to throw a wrench in the works. You don't know who these people are, or what they're capable of. You'll have to make a public MAF guess at the end of Cycle 1, but until then, going incognito is the ticket!

MAF: Good luck! You have all the advantages in the world, so use them. And don't get caught!

All factions: Play to your win condition, but try for your goals too! And have fun!
You are a Town Tournament Attendee.

Everything you need to know is in the rules.
Play hard and win big!

YOUR ABILITY

You're not the Tourney Cop or a member of MAF, so you have no ability except your wits and your skill.​

YOUR OPTIONAL GOALS (in order of importance)
  1. These
  2. Vary
  3. From
  4. Person
  5. To
  6. Person
WIN CONDITION

Your Win Condition is to try to beat MAF at every opportunity, however you can, so that Koopa VS Kefka has the best possible chance of becoming popular and being played at EVO!​

You are the Tourney Cop.

[SECRET ORIGIN BACKSTORY GOES HERE]

YOUR ABILITY

You can (usually) Review one match per Match phase in Cycle 1. (I'll contact you when all matches are over for the Day so you can make your decision.) If the Reviewed match involves Cheating (or Banned Exploits), the caught player(s) forfeits the match and loses one point. At this time, your Review choices are not public, but any effects on matches (forfeits) are public.
At the end of Cycle 1, you will make a public guess in the thread on a single player who might be MAF. If the guess is correct, that MAF member is disqualified from the tournament (and leaves the game), and you take their spot in the Bracket (based on your own point total from match play). Otherwise, you are out of the tournament, but can still post in the thread.
Every Match phase of Cycle 2, you can continue to Review one match a Day. At this time, if you Review a match involving Cheating, the caught player(s) will forfeit their Match. Also, your Review choices during Cycle 2 Match Phases will be made publicly (again, after all the matches have been played). You cannot Review the final match of the tournament -- all you've got at that point is hope.
You cannot Cheat during any match gameplay.

YOUR OPTIONAL GOALS (in order of importance)
  1. What
  2. Are
  3. These
  4. Secret
  5. Goals
  6. ?!
WIN CONDITION

Your Win Condition is to find and punish cheaters (including Team MAF) to discourage others from cheating and ensure a fair and just competition! (In general, do your best at your function!)
  • Great Wheel Chinese
  • Tito's Emerald City Pizza
  • The Tacos! II: 5th Avenue Edition
  • Indian Jones
  • Lebanon the Sea
  • School of Shawarma
  • Kerry Park Sushi
  • Pike Place Pho
  • Souvlaki by Sandor

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Game Status

1. Anomandaris_Rake, Potassium, Wots All This Then?
  2. Ryker, Shocodoro Blagshidect, ѕoup
  3. Gheb_01, pawndidater2, PrivateJoker-Brown, Super Fabulous
  4. Picture Perfect, Red Ryu, thethirdkoopa
  1. Anomandaris_Rake, Wots All This Then?
  2. Ryker, Shocodoro Blagshidect, soup
  3. Gheb_01, pawndidater2
Solo: Potassium, PrivateJoker-Brown, Super Fabulous
  1. Anomandaris_Rake, Wots All This Then?, PrivateJoker-Brown
  2. Ryker, Shocodoro Blagshidect, soup, Potassium
  3. Gheb_01, pawndidater2
  4. Picture Perfect, Red Ryu, thethirdkoopa, Super Fabulous
  1. Maids are preparing warmly~ (empty, no hotel PM issued)
  2. Shocodoro Blagshidect (solo, no hotel PM issued)
  3. Gheb_01, pawndidater2
  4. Picture Perfect (solo, no hotel PM issued)
Solo: PJB, Ryu, Koops, Soup, Wots, Rake, Fabio, Pota, GLG (Pixp, Shoco)
  1. Potassium (solo, no hotel PM issued)
  2. Shocodoro Blagshidect, Red Ryu, thethirdkoopa, Anomandaris_Rake
  3. Gheb_01, pawndidater2, soup, Super Fabulous
  4. Picture Perfect, PrivateJoker-Brown, Wots All This Then?, giraffelasergun
  2. Shocodoro Blagshidect, Red Ryu, thethirdkoopa
  3. Circus, pawndidater2, soup
  4. Picture Perfect, Wots All This Then?, giraffelasergun
Solo: PJB, Fabio (Pota)
  2. Shocodoro Blagshidect, Red Ryu, thethirdkoopa, PrivateJoker-Brown
  3. Circus, pawndidater2, soup
  4. Picture Perfect, Wots All This Then?, giraffelasergun, Super Fabulous
The Tacos! II: 5th Avenue Edition
::::::STANDINGS::::::
..NAME....PT....1.2.3.4.5.6..
..JERK....06....W.W._._._._..
..PAWN....06....W.W._._._._..
..SOUP....06....W.W._._._._..
...PJB....05....B.W._._._._..
..POTA....04....L.W._._._._..
...RYU....04....L.W._._._._..
.FABIO....03....W.F._._._._..
..PIXP....03....W.F._._._._..
.KOOPS....02....L.L._._._._..
..RAKE....02....L.L._._._._..
..WOTS....02....F.B._._._ _..
.CHOCO....01....F.L._._._ _..
.G-RAF....00....F.F._._._ _..

:::::::::::::::::::::

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Rules are up! Except for some rules that would interfere with the pre-game, that is, which will show up shortly.

You've also all received a set of questions -- answer them as you will. Not answering is also an answer, but just make sure I've got a PM responding to my PM.
DON'T TALK about the questions (even innocuous facts like the order of the questions you received) or the answers you've given, anywhere in conversation with other players.

After answering your questions, you can also PM me your preferences for hotel roommates now, if you like. Maximum of 4 to a room, so give me your top 3 choices.
(If this confuses you, make sure you've read the rules!)

#HBC | Nabe

Thanks, everyone, for getting the answers to those questions in. As some of you have already noticed, the character roster is now available! It can be your best friend or your worst enemy over the course of this game, so it's best to start getting familiar now.

Hotel rooms for Night 0 have been sorted out as well, but we're not there just yet! Roles will be out today or tomorrow, and you'll be confirming at that time by posting in your Hotel Room N0 conversations.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
V/LA for the weekend. Going to Kansas for a tournament. Will try to be here so as not to hold up the game, but I make no promises.

V/LA Saturday and Sunday. Going down south to visit friends, don't expect me to be here. My other head will manage everything until I return.

-Laundry

#HBC | Nabe

Roles are going out now, intermittently. (You might not have yours for a few hours yet.) When you've received your Role PM and your Hotel Room PM for Night 0, confirm receipt by:
  • asking me (at least) one question in your Role PM
  • saying hi to your new roommates!
If you have an ability to use for Night phase, use it!

There are no practice fights in hotel rooms during Night 0.

Hotel rooms for Night 0 are as follows! By room number:
  1. Anomandaris_Rake, Potassium, Wots All This Then?
  2. Ryker, Shocodoro Blagshidect, ѕoup
  3. Gheb_01, pawndidater2, PrivateJoker-Brown, Super Fabulous
But remember, no communicating outside of the prescribed Hotel Room PMs.
Night 0 starts now. No posting in the thread.
The game has begun!

#HBC | Nabe

Hey all. To clarify, please fulfill both confirmation conditions in the post above this one. Only half of you have asked me a question so far.

The list of restaurants has been added, so you could talk about what restaurant you might visit for your first Lunch!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Do my eyes deceive me? Did the Day phase really start? Good. Hi everyone. Our room was discussing how we would use the byes, and we've come to the conclusion that it would be better to give townies a bye instead of the MAF. Does anyone disagree? I understand that isn't a Mafia game at heart but there are plenty of tools to scumhunt here and I don't want people to ignore them.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't see anything that doesn't say that I can't vote myself for a Bye.

Bye: Soup

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Match Mechanics, not matches themselves. As in how you will approach them.
I asked Rake about his opinions on how to approach matches, which he boiled down to "don't cheat unless ya have to" and Kantrip asked about how we were approaching our roomie choices.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Alright. Can you share whatchu thought about the game in terms of scumhunting? You said you believed there were ways to go about it. I understand if you'd rather not go into that now thought.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Its becsuse I'm under a lot of pressure to win these matches so I dun want to reveal my super secrey strategy.

#HBC | ѕoup

The Tourney Cop is going to have to out eventually, he has to make a public guess regardless. The only thing we can do is to make it easier for him or her. In terms of scumhunting? I'll mention it later. I'll still be using FoS'es and the alike to show which players I think are being scummy and whatnot.

Super Fabulous

Joey|Ranmaru
We discussed showering with Gheb. And eating spicy food. And playing Project M.

Why are you BYE'ing yourself soup, you not prepared for competition yet?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Our room was discussing how we would use the byes, and we've come to the conclusion that it would be better to give townies a bye instead of the MAF.

That's truly a conclusion that requires the brains of soup, Ryker, Xonar and Seph to work mad hard! :bee:

I'd really love to throw out my favorite platitude - "let's hunt scum and not care about the game mechanics!" - but I'm pretty sure this game's differences to conventional mafia games are too fundameltan to just ignore. Tbqh I'm not even sure whether this game can be played like a mafia game at all and if so, how.

:059:

#HBC | ѕoup

We discussed showering with Gheb. And eating spicy food. And playing Project M.

Why are you BYE'ing yourself soup, you not prepared for competition yet?
I see no reason to risk losing against simply giving myself a spot in the later round. If anything, it's townier for me to want to be given the Bye instead of being a dirty scumbag who has a bunch of tricks up his sleeves. I don't have any, I'm as about genuine as it gets.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
To that end gheb, I don't see anything in the OP that mentions getting rid of players during the phases aside form tourney elimination. That alone should tell you we need to go about it differently.

#HBC | ѕoup

That's truly a conclusion that requires the brains of soup, Ryker, Xonar and Seph to work mad hard! :bee:

I'd really love to throw out my favorite platitude - "let's hunt scum and not care about the game mechanics!" - but I'm pretty sure this game's differences to conventional mafia games are too fundameltan to just ignore. Tbqh I'm not even sure whether this game can be played like a mafia game at all and if so, how.

:059:
Well, Gheb, as you can see people are having conversation! Much like a mafia game!

Top Bottom