• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sephiroth Mafia: OVER - TOWN WINS!

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Music I expect you to listen to while playing this game.

Helpful Links
Newbie Guide | Basic Rules | Common Roles | Smashboards Mafia Archives

Rules

Fundamentals
  1. Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner. Last time I ran a game I had some problems. I don't want to see any this time.
  2. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever.
  3. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
  4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
  5. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is completely fine in its place.
  6. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
  9. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  10. You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
  11. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
  12. "Liking" posts is only allowed if you are a player currently in the game (no outsiders, no dead(?) players, no replaced players, etc.)
  13. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
Voting and Lynching
  1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold Vote command. For example, Vote: Sexy Beast a.k.a. Sephiroths Masamune.
  2. To unvote, use the command Unvote. For example, Unvote, Vote: Some dude who's not as sexy. You don't have to unvote before voting again.
  3. No Lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
  4. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
  5. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
Activity and Deadline
  1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. I will extend the deadline once in the effect a majority votes for the extension. The extension will be 4 days or less depending on circumstances. To vote for an extension, use the command Vote: Extension. There will be no extension if the deadline passes.
  3. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
  4. Days will generally last 10 days.
  5. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Note that Nights will only end early if all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline, and all players have been online since the Night phase began.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase. Unless you are a “Sexy Beast” which you are clearly not.
Game-specific
  1. Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
  2. All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
Special Notes
Don't rely on flavor since there's hardly any.

On the weekdays I won't be here from early morning to around 6 mountain time. So any questions and role affiliations will be dealt with either when I get home or by Xonar my Co-mod. Please don't hesitate to ask him for help.

[collapse=Sample PM]
Sample PM said:
Sexy Beast, you are Kefka: Vanilla Townie

Abilities: None. Just your voice and your vote.

Win Condition: You win when all the threats to town are eliminated, even if you are dead.
[/collapse]

Player list
1. Swishy (marshy/Swiss)
2. th3kuzinator Orboknown
3. KevinM Anomandaris_Rake
4. Degausser (Circus/soup)
5. Kary
6. Nabe
7. dabuz
8. BadWolf28738
9. -Masquerain-
10. Potassium
11. Red Ryu
12. Rajam
13. Cheerilee Acrostic J

-Replacements-
0. Acrostic
1. Orboknown
2. J
3. Anomandaris_Rake

------------------

ALIVE
3. Anomandaris_Rake Jenova: Town Tracker Survived to Day 6
11. Red Ryu Bizzaro Sephiroth: Town Doctor Survived to Day 6

DEAD
4. Degausser (Circus/soup) Safer Sephiroth: Town Vote Blocker Lynched Day 1
7. dabuz Exploding Sephiroth:Town Bomb Night Killed Night 1
9. -Masquerain- Vincent Valentine: Mafia Ninja Hammerer Caught in an Explosion Night 1
8. BadWolf28738 Lance Bass: Hated Miller Townie Lynched Day 2
5. KaryKingdom Hearts Sephiroth: Town Cop Night Killed Night 2
13. J George Newbern: Town Fire Fighter Lynched Day 3
2. Orboknown FFVII Sephiroth: Town Hero Night Killed Night 3
1. Swishy (marshy/Swiss) Pyromaniac Sephiroth: Independent Arsonist Lynched Day 4
12. Rajam Tifa Lockhart: Mafia Role Blocker Lynched Day 5
10. Potassium Dissidia Sephiroth: Town Jack of All Trades Night Killed Night 5
6. Nabe Cloud Strife: Mafia Godfather Lynched Day 6

Important Events:
Day 1 Start
Acrostic Replaces Cheerilee
Degausser Town Vote Blocker Lynched Day 1
J Replaces Acrostic
dabuz Town Bomb Night Killed Night 1
-Masquerain- Mafia Ninja Hammerer Caught in an Explosion Night 1
Day 2 Start
Orboknown Replaces Th3kuzinator
BadWolf28738 Hated Miller Townie Lynched Day 2
Kary Town Cop Night Killed Night 2
Day 3 Start
J Town Fire Fighter Lynched Day 3
Orboknown Town Hero Night Killed Night 3
Day 4 Start
Swishy Independent Arsonist Lynched Day 4
Day 5 Start
Anomandaris_Rake Replaces KevinM
Rajam Mafia Role Blocker Lynched Day 5
Potassium Town Jack of All Trades Night Killed Night 5
Day 6 Start
Nabe Cloud Strife: Mafia Godfather Lynched Day 6
GAME OVER
Roles and Night Actions

Swishy

Watch me go against everything you believe.
Confirming that I am a sexy beast and indeed up to confirm contrary to the OP and his post in the signups thread.

Swishy

ALIVE
1. Swishy (marshy/Swiss) -
2. th3kuzinator - I do hope you will play befitting someone of your station.
3. KevinM - Whaddya say to a pact right here right now. Either of us still alive start of D4 and they have to full claim. Enforcible from my word.
4. Degausser (Circus/soup) - Guessing Circus is the dominant head...?
5. Kary - 3 easiest players for you to read - who can you pin soonest?
6. Nabe - n/a
7. dabuz - What's your playstyle? Have we played before? Proudest mafia achievemet?
8. BadWolf28738 - Shut up and sheep me
9. -Masquerain- - I assume you are yet to hit mediocre.
10. Potassium - Thoughts on the Kev pact?
11. Red Ryu - Thoughts on the Kev pact?
12. Rajam - Anything to caution me about?
13. Cheerilee - I like you already. Tell me exactly what mafia experience you have and what of the game you understand. Why choose that name? Who introduced you?

Alright guys - let's do this.

Swiss + marshy....scum y'all better hope you have unlimited day vigs.

Anyone have a productive N0?

Swishy

I'm tanking your question as an implication that you both respect and are willing to follow my lead - with appropriate lines of questioning directed at myself, of course.

So I'll get the ball rolling for you. Talk to me about Cherliee.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
"3. KevinM - Whaddya say to a pact right here right now. Either of us still alive start of D4 and they have to full claim. Enforcible from my word."

-Sigh-

Guess I don't have much of a choice on that now do I.

Ok deal, but you can't push a lynch on me until D3 then, seems fair since you'll get what you want either way that way.

Full Claim, I assume you're talking, role, name, night actions if taken, suspicions, reads list, etc?

What a load of work.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I don't like being town. I rolled town for the nth time and I'm not very pleased with it. I find that I play better as scum but I haven't had a game as scum since MLP.

AKA Wolfy is salty.

:applejack:

i dislike

dislike

dislike

am completly netural about you

Swishy

such a weaksauce question. I can't read someone if they don't post, and I can't make them post.

Swishy town

No, but who in the list can you read most effectively?

Simple question.

Swishy

I don't like being town. I rolled town for the nth time and I'm not very pleased with it. I find that I play better as scum but I haven't had a game as scum since MLP.

AKA Wolfy is salty.

:applejack:
Nabe won't like that answer I can tell you.

Swishy

"3. KevinM - Whaddya say to a pact right here right now. Either of us still alive start of D4 and they have to full claim. Enforcible from my word."

-Sigh-

Guess I don't have much of a choice on that now do I.

Ok deal, but you can't push a lynch on me until D3 then, seems fair since you'll get what you want either way that way.

Full Claim, I assume you're talking, role, name, night actions if taken, suspicions, reads list, etc?

What a load of work.
There's not much left after the etc - but yes.

Utterly dependent. But considering the fact you're not a total imbecile I can't see this being an issue in practicality.

Swishy

Meh, I disagree with that analysis completely. Especially off of his wall of questions.

Initial post scummy, but the fact that he goes so in depth as to why he's mad (MLP means he's comfortable with it and as such is null not scumtell. Not sure how Kuz went like/dislike as opposes to dislike/neutral .

Kuz please confirm your thought process as the above on this.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
"Utterly dependent. But considering the fact you're not a total imbecile I can't see this being an issue in practicality."

Alright sounds good bay.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
No, but who in the list can you read most effectively?

Simple question.
I don't think it is a simple question. I expect to get reads on Kantrip, RR, Joey. maybe badwolf. But I could get a read on Nabe just as soon as any of them if he didn't want to play coasty and coy as I expect him to.

Top Bottom