• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-Games Diplomacy 2014: Revengeance Reloaded II - Game Over! Raziek wins as Turkey! BSL 2nd place!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Hey kids! Who wants to take over Europe?!

The Playerlist:

Sultan @ Raziek Raziek of Turkey
Soup
Chancellor @ Overswarm Overswarm of Austria
Herr @ Handorin Handorin of Germany
Prime Minister @ Xatres Xatres of England
@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 Mussolini and the Blue Meanie of Italy
Tsar @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker of Russia

Potential replacements:
Gorf
Fandangox
BSL

Please re-confirm your intent to play!

We will be playing the CLASSIC variant of the game, through playdiplomacy.com.

I will be creating a locked game soon, the password will be DGAMES. I will link to this game when the time comes.

I highly recommend everyone keep a quick-topic with their thoughts about each turn, also known as After Action Reports (AARs) to be posted at the end of the game.

This thread is going to be fairly quiet, as most communication is much better done in private. We will post pictures of the game-state each phase, for the entertainment of spectators. I may request a friend of mine to do an unbiased commentary and/or power rankings based on the state of the game each turn.

Deadlines!
Given that we are all used to playing mafia, the deadlines are going to be pretty much the same length, unless someone has a good reason to do otherwise. Deadlines will not be processed on Weekends, Christmas, Halloween or New Year's, and will be processed as soon as everyone submits their orders, or the deadline passes.

I was thinking 2-day Deadlines for Build/Retreat, and 5 days for Order phase.

Choosing Countries:
Do we want to do Random assignment, Preferences (Each player makes an ordered list of their picks) or First Come, First Serve?

Misc. Rules:
I don't think this warrants TOO much discussion, but I think we should have 1st turn NMR (No moves received) protection turned on, and DIAS (Draws Include All Survivors)

[collapse='Spring 1901']

[/collapse]

May 6th, 2014: Game 1 Ends!

Final Standings

Winner: @ Raziek Raziek as Turkey (18 centers)

2nd Place: @BSL as France (14 centers)

3rd-place Tie: @ Handorin Handorin as Germany & @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker as Russia (1 center)

5th Place: @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 as Italy (Eliminated Fall 1906)

6th Place: @Red Ryu as England (Eliminated Fall 1905)

7th Place: @ Overswarm Overswarm as Austria (Eliminated Fall 1904)

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Preferences or First Come, First Serve.

The latter only if we go RIGHT NOW while I will be first or second.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, also, I would like everyone to post their Skype names (or other applicable means of communication), so we have a non-SWF way of quickly grabbing people to talk to them. Skype group chat works best for this, IMHO.

Skypes:

Raziek: jordan_mcgee
Ryker: cpt_ryker
Soup: Soupamario
JDietz43: JDietz4313

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jdietz4313 on skype.

Also I vote preference lists for country choice with random assignment for ties (will have to read up on the potential difference to make a preference though)

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Jdietz4313 on skype.

Also I vote preference lists for country choice with random assignment for ties (will have to read up on the potential difference to make a preference though)
The countries are pretty evenly balanced, but from what I've read, Italy is difficult to play and is very slightly disadvantaged compared to the rest of the countries. (In terms of overall winrate)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@ Raziek Raziek

Do you have Steam? You'll be more likely to find me there than Skype, as I hardly use it.

#HBC | ѕoup

alright i added you, you'll probably see me in a tf2 game but feel free to bug me if you need to

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Deadlines!
Given that we are all used to playing mafia, the deadlines are going to be pretty much the same length, unless someone has a good reason to do otherwise. Deadlines will not be processed on Weekends, Christmas, Halloween or New Year's, and will be processed as soon as everyone submits their orders, or the deadline passes.

I was thinking 2-day Deadlines for Build/Retreat, and 5 days for Order phase.

Choosing Countries:
Do we want to do Random assignment, Preferences (Each player makes an ordered list of their picks) or First Come, First Serve?

Misc. Rules:
I don't think this warrants TOO much discussion, but I think we should have 1st turn NMR (No moves received) protection turned on, and DIAS (Draws Include All Survivors)
Also, opinions on this stuff please, folks!

#HBC | ѕoup

First Come, First Serve imo, if you really want a certain country then you gotta be quick on your feet

totally fine with the rest of the rules

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just do countries randomly. I'd back out if it wasn't, as anyone who has played Diplomacy knows that certain countries have higher win rates.

You don't want to be Italy, period. You just... lose.

Preferences would be fine (some people really prefer England, especially with newer players), but it's essentially a "race to not get Italy".

Which I guess is strategic in a way, because if you put, say, England or Turkey in your "first" slot then you'd undoubtedly not get Italy.

As long as preferences was "I randomize the player list, then go through everyone's #1 pick in order.

If it was...
1. Russia
2. Russia
3. England
4. France
5. Russia
6. England
7. Austria

Then #1 would get russia, #3 would get England, #4 would get France, #7 would get Austria, then I'd randomize the player list again and go through #2 until everyone had selected.

That I'd be fine with too.

Last edited:

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm never on skype, but my steam is practically always logged in on my pc: UAHandorin
smashboards is probably the best though since I can access it at anytime, and often do.

first come first serve is fine, but dibs on Germany.
Wir werden ganz Europa besiegen!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Just do countries randomly. I'd back out if it wasn't, as anyone who has played Diplomacy knows that certain countries have higher win rates.

You don't want to be Italy, period. You just... lose.

Preferences would be fine (some people really prefer England, especially with newer players), but it's essentially a "race to not get Italy".

Which I guess is strategic in a way, because if you put, say, England or Turkey in your "first" slot then you'd undoubtedly not get Italy.

As long as preferences was "I randomize the player list, then go through everyone's #1 pick in order.

If it was...
1. Russia
2. Russia
3. England
4. France
5. Russia
6. England
7. Austria

Then #1 would get russia, #3 would get England, #4 would get France, #7 would get Austria, then I'd randomize the player list again and go through #2 until everyone had selected.

That I'd be fine with too.
The site has an automated algorithm that, I would assume, goes something along those lines. You pick your top 3 choices and then it gives someone their first pick (randomly decided between the people who have the least number of people with conflicting choices for their first pick). If your first pick is taken, your second pick becomes your first choice and it repeats. At least, that's my understanding from the search I did.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Confirming continued interest. I need to do more research in how to actually play before I have an opinion on deadlines.

If we get to choose, I want to be Russia (what a country!). Not for any statistical reason, I just had a Russian roommate in college and find the idea of trying to conquer the world for the motherland highly amusing.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Confirming continued interest. I need to do more research in how to actually play before I have an opinion on deadlines.

If we get to choose, I want to be Russia (what a country!). Not for any statistical reason, I just had a Russian roommate in college and find the idea of trying to conquer the world for the motherland highly amusing.
I will fight you, comrade. The proletariat will rise and unseat you and I will be the one to run the USSR.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
First come first serve.... I'd prefer not to turn it into a race, because then it just becomes "Last one to check thread gets Italy".

Let's just go with the site's algorithm.
overswarm1 / Overswarm on steam (:D avatar)

evan.downing skype
There's about 20 or 30 Evan Downings on Skype, you'll need to add me so I can just add you to the Skype Group.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
......right. See, I'm an idiot and just searched "Evan Downing" because I knew that was his name.

Yep.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Try to do this today, if possible.

I'd like to have the game actually created by the end of today.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
So what does 1st turn NMR mean? Just if we all flake out and don't submit anything it resets until we all do?

#HBC | ѕoup

found it, can't promise activity tonight but ill try and check it

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aw shiz, everyone confirm for the game on the diplomacy website: we're all registered and ready

Top Bottom