• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZOMBIES! Mafia - Who Survived the Apocalypse?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Not the Fela Kuti album

Welcome to Saltshire, NJ with a population smaller than the amount of Jews in Ireland. The deer are running for their, lives the sun is shining. Or it would be, had Swagnicorp incorporated's experiment went well.

You see, Swagnicorp specializes in the making of new, experimental swag. This includes things such as "Soul Patch Swag," "80-year-old white women swag," and "Sweag." Today, the had attempted to create a form of Swag that could spread very easily. Then, the entire world could have swag! The could be world peace! And world swag!

But then went and ****ed that up, and now we're here.

So now that you're here in Saltshire, grab your rifles, food rations, and bicycles. We have some brains to shoot out.

RULES:

Fundamentals:
1. Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner.
2. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever.
3. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8. You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
9. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10. You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
11. Do not use the color Green. That is my color.
12. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
13. Once you are dead, you are not allowed to like any posts in the thread. (Not liking on hydras while you're dead, either)
14. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
15. This is a game of Mafia. I am your god game moderator. Please direct any questions you have about the game to me, either with the @mod: command in thread or via PM (if necessary). I will not answer questions in the public forum related to privately disseminated information barring that it was mentioned in the sample role PM.

Voting and Lynching
1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Dark Horse.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Dark Horse. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch. When voting for the hydra known as No Lynch, you must use Vote: No Lynch (Hydra). Otherwise, it is assumed you are voting for a lack of a lynch
4. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when the game moderator posts the lynch scene and officially begins the Night phase.
5. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline:
1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (3 in one day, 5 in total) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2. Town is granted ONE deadline extension, barring special circumstances. Use it well.
3. Days will generally last 10 days.
4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Note that Nights will only end early if all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline, and all players have been online since the Night phase began.

Game Specific:
1. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
2. I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up:
Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Rouge, Survivor.
3. I do not confirm the absence or presence of all other Independent Roles.
4. Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
5. I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafia faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
6. I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
7. I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
8. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
9. All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.

Sample Role PM:

Welcome to ZOMBIES! Mafia. You are a Panicking Citizen, Vanilla townie. You only have your voice and your vote, so use it wisely.

You win when all threats to Saltshire have been eliminated.
Player list:
1. Moira (J/SangfroidWarrior)
2. Wots All This Then? (JDietz43/Orboknown)
3. Gheb_01
4. -Masquerain-
5. Ashemu
6. Red Ruy
7. Gorf
8. No Lynch (soup/Zen)
9. Macman
10. Rake.
11. Rockin
12. Ranmaru
13. frozenflame751 Circus

-Replacements-
Nabe

Still fighting for survival:
1. Moira (J/SangfroidWarrior)

5. Ashemu
7. Gorf
9. Macman
10. Rake.
12. Ranmaru
13. Circus

ded:
Red Ruy
(Zombie, Mafia Watcher), lynched D1
Gheb_01
(???, ???) (Panicking Citizen, Vanilla Townie), Killed N1
Joey (Cunning Manipulative Citizen, Independent Baiting Abductor), Lynched D2
Rockin (Messenger, Town Agent), Lynched D3
Wots All This Then? (Infected Citizen, Town Traitorous Stalker), Lynched D4
No Lynch
(Zombie, Mafia 1-Shot Janitor), Lynched D5

Last edited:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I'm not sure if that's the frozen or marshy side that liked the op, but if it's Frozen, then I suggest you read rule 13

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
From the darkest caves of nowhere I have returned to bring you the light
My spirits are revived - my mind and my body are rising, my sensations are clear
To guide all you helpless souls on your way to find the evil king of the night
I am ready to fight and proudly declare that my post of /confirmation is here

:059:

Last edited:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
From the darkest caves of nowhere I have returned to bring you the light
My spirits are revived - my mind and my body are rising, my sensations are clear
To guide all you helpless souls on your way to find the evil king of the night
I am ready to fight and proudly declare that my post of /confirmation is here

Role PMs are OUT! Reply back to me in the PM to confirm
Also I want to know what other people think about deadline shortening first

Ashemu

Smash Ace
haaaaai ^_^ (note: tahts a kawaii way of confirming not a corruption of "hi" meaning hello")

id actually prefer shorter deadlines, not fond of longer ones.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Normally is probably be down, but I don't currently think I'd be able to be active enough to make much out of week long days

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm fine with ten days and

/confirm

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J prefers 7 days but really doesn't matter too much since I am learning majority lynch is a beautiful thing.

Sang prefers 10 days so she actually has a time to read/play.

/J side confirming
/J side confirming for Sang side

*Yes I know to confirm in role PM, but wanted to be like the rest of the cool kids who confirmed in thread*

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
The idea of zombies can be traced back to Hati.Zombies featured widely in Haitian rural folklore, as dead persons physically revived by the act of necromancy of a bokor sorcerer (the bokor is a witch-like figure to be distinguished from the houngan priests and mambo priestesses of the formal Vodou religion). Zombies remain under the control of the bokor as their personal slaves, since they have no will of their own. Then, white people got their hands on the idea and made them green (see pic in op). Why do white people want to make everything green? Zombies, frankenstein's monster, my dishasher, the list just goes on. Do you want aliens to think that the world is ruled by Qaddafi? How do you think they'd react to seeing an entire planet ruled by a guy who got a knife shoved up his ass?

DAY 1 Begins! Deadline set to 5/21 at 11:59 PM EST

VOTECOUNT:
Moira [0] -
Wots All This Then? [0] -
Gheb_01 [0] -
-Masquerain- [0] -
Ashemu [0] -
Red Ruy [0] -
Gorf [0] -
No Lynch [0] -
Macman [0] -
Rake. [0] -
Rockin [0] -
Ranmaru [0] -
frozenflame751 [0] -

Not voting: Moira, Wots All This Then?, Gheb_01, -Masquerain-, Ashemu, Red Ruy, Gorf, No Lynch, Macman, Rake., Rockin, Ranmaru, frozenflame751

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Seeing that our name brings inconvenience to all brings me great joy, but you should vote J instead. He will be a hard factor to read unless we pressure him now and not wait until later. ^_^

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Gotta say.. It's been a while since I played mafia so I think I'm petty rusty.

Don't hate if my play ain't up to par

Vote: rockin

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote: gheb
Mr. City policeman sitting pretty little policemen in a row,
you must leave now take what you need you think will last!
For I'll have to send you into the wastelands way below
if so foolishly and misguided your vote choose to cast!

Vote WATT

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why j over mac/gheb etc?
show us your thought process on why you choose two names
when no connection and no common thing at all they show
that you yet believe you need to put them into the fiery flames?!?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Omgus fro
show us your thought process on why you choose two names
when no connection and no common thing at all they show
that you yet believe you need to put them into the fiery flames?!?

Omgus from you aside
Id put mac and yourself as hard to read when not highly motivated to play/ when you guys don't feel like cooperating. J pretty much forces himself to play especially when town and makes it somewhat obvious on that case.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Don't think too much about it. You're getting involved in something you don't really need to. I don't know exactly why to be honest but if I had to make a stance I would lean on how Gheb views it at the moment. If you're going to offer something to us, tell us how you feel about pushing J and if you are willing to join us.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
That's the most weirdest vote I've seen in a very long time. While I appreciate your efforts in joining our cause, I can't help but feel you just decided to give up on your own end and simply agree that it would be a good vote. Why? Is there something you'd like to gain also from voting J?

Top Bottom