• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A good captain falcon player shloud...

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
This thread is about some tips for people who wants to main Captain Falcon, these might work out of your perseverance of becoming better as a falcon player, the tips are as follow:

1. tri to KO opponents at 0% with C.falcon´s final smash (make yourself near a ledge and mindgame your opponet so he/she drops the guard and use the final smash facing the direction you want your opponent to fly to))
2. stop any character from recovery offstage (KNEE OF JUSTICE OR Uair are good moves to do so)
3. sweetspot the knee using aerial mindgames or when yout opponent is helpless)
4. Taunt 3 times during snakes´s final smash (when it starts, when snake is recharging, after the final smash) without getting hit by any granades
5. practice against level 9 characters (including meta knight)
6. tri to land 3/5 reverse falcon punches (kinda hard but possible if mindgames are aplied)
7. recover form very far away of the stage (if your opponent is near you and you´ve used already 2 of the falcon jumps tri to footstool or use falcon dive)
8. spike without failing, you can do it with falcon´s D-aerial, the trick is this: jump offstage towards your opponent, then use falcons second jump + the D-aerial and like that falcon won´t fast fall his way to the blast line
9. evade any final smash and taunt after so (almost impossible against some characters like olimar, sonic, yoshi, wario, peach and others. Yet possible against pokemon trainer, samus, lucario and others)
10. falcon punch whenever possible (while snake uses his rocket launcher, ike is hitting his sword to the ground and such)
11. mindgame any character and get out of chain grabs with DI.
12. use hedgehoging when possible and try not to get hedgehoged using falcon dive.
13. deal high damege using combos of tilts, like this: A,A,down tilt,side tilt,raptor boost,jump,up aerial,up aerial again. Like that you´ll increase the damage of your opponent without spamming falcon smashes (which will put you in a disadventage)

i hope these help people who still kind of rookie with C. Falcon, the best luck to all of you falcon players.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Wow dudes we can have melee main character icons ? Seems I've been far away for too long.

I shloudn't do that anymore.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I don't think you are supposed to post something let alone create a new topic without lurking around first :p

I bet this topic will get locked ASAP, haha.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
I don't think you are supposed to post something let alone create a new topic without lurking around first :p

I bet this topic will get locked ASAP, haha.
i´ve lurked around, i´ve found posts worse than this one, yet it was my first thread so don´t blame it to be kinda unplaced, also about your reply about my other thread, i was mad at the moment so i just spited that out "which fails" XD, but if you were talking about the thread itself, then i don´t know what was so wrong about it

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
The main problem about this thread is that you seem to think Free For Alls (with items on) are tournament legal. They're not, they're just for fun.

Even when you seem to state facts that COULD be related to tournaments... no human player would ever fall for that. Or worse, you say things like "stop any character from recovery offstage (KNEE OF JUSTICE OR Uair are good moves to do so)" which are... well, not exactly obvious, but that's what most people try to do.

You don't only need to lurk moar. You also need to watch more tournament/serious matches vids! ;)

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
The main problem about this thread is that you seem to think Free For Alls (with items on) are tournament legal. They're not, they're just for fun.

Even when you seem to state facts that COULD be related to tournaments... no human player would ever fall for that. Or worse, you say things like "stop any character from recovery offstage (KNEE OF JUSTICE OR Uair are good moves to do so)" which are... well, not exactly obvious, but that's what most people try to do.

You don't only need to lurk moar. You also need to watch more tournament/serious matches vids! ;)
i´ve watched lots of them, still i´d like to be on a tournament (i don´t live in USA and i don´t have wifi yet :( )

Shame

Smash Rookie
and to think i was slightly interested in what you had to say....

:phone:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Shloud you really have dun zat?

(this thread is responsible for the birth of the Awesome Shloud)

Top Bottom