• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Guide To The Powerful Princess Zelda (3.5 Updated!)

A Guide To The Powerful Princess Zelda (3.5 Updated!)

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I use Farore's and Transform momentum glitches to GREAT effect. Though they are not remotely useless, I don't know if they are too advanced and situational for this guide. After all, guides are generally supposed to be a first resource for the person who knows nothing, and advanced techniques are usually something they will want to research on their own.
They are highly situational just like ledge-cancelled teleports, but neither technique is that advanced. Zelda doesn't have any difficult tech, but I'd agree that momentum tricks should fall under advanced techniques. We have the Triforce of Wisdom thread to discuss advanced techniques and tactics.

4tlas

Smash Lord
They are highly situational just like ledge-cancelled teleports, but neither technique is that advanced. Zelda doesn't have any difficult tech, but I'd agree that momentum tricks should fall under advanced techniques. We have the Triforce of Wisdom thread to discuss advanced techniques and tactics.
The use is advanced. That is what I am referring to. Zelda doesn't have anything that requires such technical perfection as to be deemed advanced.

Perhaps you could mention in your guide that there are more advanced techniques to check out, and that this guide is not 100% comprehensive.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
The use is advanced. That is what I am referring to. Zelda doesn't have anything that requires such technical perfection as to be deemed advanced.

Perhaps you could mention in your guide that there are more advanced techniques to check out, and that this guide is not 100% comprehensive.
"NOTE: The information I put might not be 100% accurate or all of the information possibly. I just wrote what I know in an informative way."

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
"NOTE: The information I put might not be 100% accurate or all of the information possibly. I just wrote what I know in an informative way."
That implies you don't know if there's more information out there. But you do, and are choosing not to include it. So you might as well say there DEFINITELY is more info out there if you want to look for it. It would take you just as long to copy-paste the sentence the other poster wrote listing those techniques as it does for you to copy-paste the disclaimer in your guide.

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
That implies you don't know if there's more information out there. But you do, and are choosing not to include it. So you might as well say there DEFINITELY is more info out there if you want to look for it. It would take you just as long to copy-paste the sentence the other poster wrote listing those techniques as it does for you to copy-paste the disclaimer in your guide.
i'll just wait for 3.6 because it's not worth it at this point. i didn't even know some of those techniques existed when i wrote the guide or brushed up on the note section.

4tlas

Smash Lord
i'll just wait for 3.6 because it's not worth it at this point. i didn't even know some of those techniques existed when i wrote the guide or brushed up on the note section.
That's fair. Your guide is still very good for someone who is just starting to play Zelda, and honestly (as I said before) that's what guides are for.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I use Farore's and Transform momentum glitches to GREAT effect. Though they are not remotely useless, I don't know if they are too advanced and situational for this guide. After all, guides are generally supposed to be a first resource for the person who knows nothing, and advanced techniques are usually something they will want to research on their own.
It was as easy as adding "Wavebounce-able" next to each special.

@ Captain Zack Captain Zack
You didn't need to be offensive about it. Sheesh, if THIS is what I get for returning to Smashboards...

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
there are reasons why i didn't even put that there due to the complexity of it. and the fact that you said that using farore's to ledge snap is SITUATIONAL makes me believe you didn't even read my guide. using ledge snap is her most useful ledge guarding tool and frankly one of the best in the entire smash series. you can grab the ledge from almost half across the stage. there are many reasons why i didn't put that you can wavebounce certain moves but i won't go into that because god forbid some people don't use it.

i wasn't even offensive about it, i didn't say "i refrained from putting techniques that you use because they aren't good enough". if anything it's passive aggressive but it isn't even. i honestly don't care if you think im being rude because i'm not.

4tlas

Smash Lord
Farore's to ledge snap is situational. He can disagree while still reading your guide.

It was very easy to interpret your response as being rude, even if you didn't intend it. Generally, the shorter the response, the more factual, final, and therefore stubborn it sounds. If you elaborate, not only is that better rhetoric which is more likely to convince someone of your argument, but it also sounds like you are thinking and thus open minded.

DarkStarStorm suggested a potential improvement to your guide as a factual statement. No thank you would have sufficed. You instead said that his suggestion was useless and just filler, which is offensive whether you intended it or not. And I would think that "I honestly don't care if you think I'm being rude" is rude, as it shows a lack of respect for the person you are arguing with.

As for the actual suggestion, its your guide and you should do what you want with it. But as mentioned multiple times, it is very easy to just add "wavebounceable" without elaborating. I don't think you NEED it, but it certainly doesn't hurt. Why not add it?

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
according to your statement his post was also offensive as he wrote a very "factual, final, and stubborn" post because he said there's no mention of "x". the reason i didn't add wavebouncing is because it scares readers away. i only put simple techniques and one more advanced. i only put the bare things that are needed to play zelda at a more competitive level. putting wavebouncing scares less advanced players because they don't know what it is and it's scary to them. i know when i started out i almost didn't want to try and dash dance because it sounded too confusing to me. i'll be professional if you want me to, i'm usually only "rude" when someone tells me to do something that takes up time and i do not think it should take up that time.

4tlas

Smash Lord
according to your statement his post was also offensive as he wrote a very "factual, final, and stubborn" post because he said there's no mention of "x". the reason i didn't add wavebouncing is because it scares readers away. i only put simple techniques and one more advanced. i only put the bare things that are needed to play zelda at a more competitive level. putting wavebouncing scares less advanced players because they don't know what it is and it's scary to them. i know when i started out i almost didn't want to try and dash dance because it sounded too confusing to me. i'll be professional if you want me to, i'm usually only "rude" when someone tells me to do something that takes up time and i do not think it should take up that time.
You stated an opinion (it is useless) as a fact, which sounds stubborn. He stated a fact (you did not mention these things) as a fact, which comes off as blunt. However, it did not also imply that your guide was bad for not having it, which you did when you said that his suggestion was useless. Blunt/Stubborn alone is fine, stubborn + insulting is overkill.

I understand what you are saying, and I think that is a fine reason. Saying your reasoning is nice. There's no reason to be rude to the other guy for giving you a suggestion, even if you don't like the suggestion.

Top Bottom