• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Minor Question on R.O.B.'s Color Schemes and Localization...

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
If someone's playing a Japanese copy of the game, playing as R.O.B. with the JPN default palette swap, will it show in an American copy?

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
I believe one of ROB's US costumes is his Japanese default

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I believe one of ROB's US costumes is his Japanese default
I know, but if someone's playing a Japanese copy with its version's default costume, and playing with someone with a US copy, would it show the U.S. Default R.O.B. or the JPN Default R.O.B.?

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
I know, but if someone's playing a Japanese copy with its version's default costume, and playing with someone with a US copy, would it show the U.S. Default R.O.B. or the JPN Default R.O.B.?
It will show up normally as if they'd chosen the alternate costume, so it'd show the US ROB

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I mean, If a Japanese Copy of the game is playing against an American copy, if the Japanese user uses R.O.B. in his Japanese default color scheme, will it show him in the US default or the JPN default on the American user's copy?

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
It just shows whatever color they're using. So if a JP player is using the red-armed ROB it'll show that for US players, same if they were using the green or blue ROBs, it'd show those. The only thing different is that the default/first alt color for ROB in JP is the red-armed one and the US ROB is the grey-armed one.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
It just shows whatever color they're using. So if a JP player is using the red-armed ROB it'll show that for US players, same if they were using the green or blue ROBs, it'd show those. The only thing different is that the default/first alt color for ROB in JP is the red-armed one and the US ROB is the grey-armed one.
Thanks, just needed to fill my curiosity.;)

Top Bottom