• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Mr. Link & Bucket Combo

Do you think you'll be using the Mr. Link & Bucket Combo?

• Total voters

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Hello fellow 2D fans and Mr. Game & Watch mains! Have I got a 2V2 Team Combo for you...

Before we get started I want to say I don't consider myself to be the perfect Mr. Game & Watch player. I have mained him a little bit in Melee and then a lot in Brawl (to the point he was always my go-to character), but do not use him as much these days in Smash's recent installment. I still pull him out every now and then though, especially when playing for fun.

With that being said do not expect perfect Game & Watch game-play. These videos are less about skill and more about trying to both practice this Combo as well as showcase it for other Game & Watch mains who may be interested in it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, most already know that Links/Toon Links bombs can actually hurt their teammates if they are hit by them. That can be bad news for most characters, but not for Mr. Game & Watch! Game & Watch can not only bucket Links bombs when they're fighting against each other but can also bucket them even if they are on the same team! It only gets better from here...

If Mr. Game & Watch buckets three of Links bombs Oil Panic can do roughly around 43% to 64% of damage.

Not only that, but it also has the potential to be an insta-kill move! This can usually vary as it depends on how Link throws the bomb; however it seems like if Link throws his bombs downward it can give the best results for Oil Panic. And now we move onto the videos I have mentioned earlier within this post. A friend of mine and I have tested this Combo out on For Glory and have saved quite a few replays of it in action. I uploaded two of what we considered to be the best of the replays.

:4gaw: Mr. Link & Bucket COMBO Video #1 :4link:
I believe this was our very first For Glory match where we attempted the Combo.

Our opponents made it very easy for us to fill Game & Watch's bucket (although I'm not really sure why, perhaps they were confused?). Once filled we played normally until an opportunity to use Oil Panic came up, which it did within the first 30 seconds of the match! We weren't able to pull it off again in this match; however it is very possible to do more than once with proper teamwork.

:4gaw: Mr. Link & Bucket COMBO Video #2 :4link:
Admittingly we were a little too focused trying to preform the Combo this match which caused us to mess up often.

It was a little more difficult to preform this time around but we still managed to pull it off sucessfully (more or less anyways). This time when Oil Panic was used both opponents were at 0% and KO'ed instantly. Now that's what I call terrifying!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will take a little work as well as being able to work together as a team, but it most certainly can be done!

So what do you guys think of this Team Combo? Do you think it's worth perfecting and maybe even trying out yourself? Have any of you known about this and have even tried it before in a 2V2? Feel free to discuss the potential of this Combo and give your thoughts about it. I hope you guys have found this as interesting as I have and hope you enjoyed the videos as well!

Got a video of your own showcasing this Combo? Feel free to post it here!

Last edited:

CaikLazer

Smash Cadet
Interesting, I've been looking for a good Mr. G&W doubles team and my brother does Link so... this works out perfect. Thanks for sharing this!

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I hate to be the fun killer, but like half the cast can do this with G&W.
Link can only do it with Mr. Game & Watch while on a team because his bombs hurt friendlies.

This isn't about for free all, cause obviously there's many characters that can fill his bucket with many different moves; however when on a team a lot of those do not work to fill his bucket. Remember, this is a Team combo. No one else can really do this when teamed up with Mr. Game & Watch. Bowser for example can't fill it if they're on teams, Mario can't fill it if they're on teams, Megaman's Side Smash can't fill it if they're on the same team, and so on. That is the point of this thread.

Just a fun Team combo that can be preformed with Link and Mr. Game & Watch.
Interesting, I've been looking for a good Mr. G&W doubles team and my brother does Link so... this works out perfect. Thanks for sharing this!
Thank ya, I'm glad someone found this as interesting as I did!

As of right now I think only my friend and I are the only ones that do this on 2V2 matches online it seems. We've been doing it quite a bit and have gotten better at preforming the combo (better team work and developed perfect times to fill it up), and from what we found there's some people who will get instantly smart about it and try to prevent it from happening again which does make it trickier at times. There are other times though where some players will just stand back and watch us!

These people aren't necessarily bad players once the fight gets started either (sometimes), but I can't help but wonder why they just sit back and watch us fill it up. Are they curious or think it won't work because we're on the same team?

I guess it just throws people off at times maybe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom