• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new way to negate Snake's C4-recovery

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
LUcas shouldn't have any wind effects on psi magnet, so no...

It's definitely not a 10f spike, because you have to wait the small amount of time for the absorbing frames to be finished.... But in essence it is...

Practical applications in teams is apparent...
Snake ness team is greatly assisted... Good combo setups....

You can pkt tailwhip around the top of the snake as he jumps to prevent a jump or slow down the cypher to hit with the pkt head... For damage... Or just charge a pkflash if the snake is below the height of a ledge... It all depends, mostly on the position of the snake away from the ledge....

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I wonder if Link's Gale Boomerang at the edge of its range would have a similar effect. Since that gives a push...:dizzy:

And another situational thing: If Snake had a grenade in his hand for some reason while he was offstage and it exploded, the PSI magnet would theoretically work right? :psycho:

Or maybe in doubles if someone threw an explosive at the opponent and Ness happened to be on top and used his PSI magnet, would that work as well?

:urg: So many questions...

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Yes. Any explosive this can be done with... It's less practical though....

See my "guide" about psi magnet for other stuff involving the psi wind momentum halt

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Wind effects are certainly an interesting aspect to start looking into. While you won't be getting too much use out of this in singles, I can see Ness' PSI Wind having interesting potential in doubles.

I might start cping Brinstar more now.

Thunda-Moo

Smash Apprentice
In friendlies once against Niko_K a long time ago I did this to his up-b (he was using D3) and it completely reversed the direction of his up-b and sent him away from the stage. I haven't actually tried to replicate it since though.
No one responded to this old post so I figured I would explain it.

DDD's uB's direction is based on the direction DDD is treveling. Its horizontal distance is based on DDD's horizontal momentum at the start of the move.

If you PSI wind DDD an instant before he begins his uB, DDD's momentum will be away from the stage becasue you blew him that way. Thus, he will jump to his death like the fat penguin he is.

This could be quite useful if you're really dang good at predicting DDD's recovery, but you'd probably just get fair'd if you try it more then once.

Top Bottom