• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A parrallel between Poke Trainer and Government?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon Trainer (government) Just tells the pokemon (army) what to do

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
I'm just saying there are SUBLIMINAL MESSEGES in this game,

Not only that but it goes to the extent of
Government VS Minorities
-DK-African American Community
-Lucas/Ness-Scientist Community

Pretty much PT is George Bush, or Any other president Taking out his enemies with....
Navy-Squirtle
Army-Ivysaur
Airforce-Charzard

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Fox = Animal Rebelion

and if Pokemon Trainer and pokemon is Government and army.. what about pikachu? i dont see "The Man" running around in a Teenager costume telling a yellow rat what to do. not at all.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu Is what true democracy is

When everyone gains their own power to decide their fate rather then the government dictating like it can.

Red & Silver/Ripman3 - I'm glad you understand what I have come to understand, I will continue to try and show this community the truth............

And fox is out of context
-In Japanese mythology, the fox is a trickster, in other words Fox would be the Antichrist...

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Pikachu Is what true democracy is

When everyone gains their own power to decide their fate rather then the government dictating like it can.

Red & Silver/Ripman3 - I'm glad you understand what I have come to understand, I will continue to try and show this community the truth............

And fox is out of context
-In Japanese mythology, the fox is a trickster, in other words Fox would be the Antichrist...
I was making fun. your theory is in my book. stupid. in all pokemon games (Games. not TV show) There is almost no government mentioned. and because clearly the pokemon trainer. is NOT based of Ash. we're looking at a character that represents Government. coming from a game with no mentioned government.I cant see any Subliminal messages about a government dictating evereyones lives from a game with no mentioned goverment.. It dosent make sense to me.

Since when dose the government dictate our fate anyway? the only time i can think of is Court trials. and its your fault your in there anyway. so. Government= Keep peace

Human beings = Choose things for themselves.

thanks for Comparing all americans to a yellow rat. :)

and I think that Ripman3 was being sarcastic. sorry if im wrong. : \

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
pretty good point now heres someone who thinks outside the box
Everyone thinks outside the box, nowadays. Everyone tries to be creative. We all just jumped out of one box, into the bigger box that it was placed in. Now we're just wandering around aimlessly in the same cardboard hallways everyone else is in.

**** the box, and just think.

[/off topic]

The OP isn't exactly making an incorrect observation. The points he makes are valid. But not in the sense that it actually means anything. I don't think these "government connections" are at all intended. Seems more like the OP just noticed similarities, which can be done with anything ("Diddy Kong fires peanuts out of a gun to damage his enemies, which shows how dangerous they can be in real life to people who are allergic to them. Therefor, Diddy is a walking, cartwheeling statement about why we should all beware of peanuts"). It doesn't mean PT actually has any kind of hidden government meaning attached to him.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Everyone thinks outside the box, nowadays. Everyone tries to be creative. We all just jumped out of one box, into the bigger box that it was placed in. Now we're just wandering around aimlessly in the same cardboard hallways everyone else is in.

**** the box, and just think.

[/off topic]

The OP isn't exactly making an incorrect observation. The points he makes are valid. But not in the sense that it actually means anything. I don't think these "government connections" are at all intended. Seems more like the OP just noticed similarities, which can be done with anything ("Diddy Kong fires peanuts out of a gun to damage his enemies, which shows how dangerous they can be in real life to people who are allergic to them. Therefor, Diddy is a walking, cartwheeling statement about why we should all beware of peanuts"). It doesn't mean PT actually has any kind of hidden government meaning attached to him.

Right. but Diddy wasent created with the intention of being like peanuts to peanut alergic people. (Bad grammer :(_) I can see his point. but.

1. Govt has no controll over our fate

2. Pokemon Trainers do not represent the government. They dont controll their pokemon like The Government controlls our armed forces. They usualy make freinds with them. Train them. help them to become stronger. the only power they have is to choose their freinds/pokemon.

Thats the only point im arguing. that and it dosent make sense to me. (even though I may have been arguing somthinga bit diffrent before)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Right. but Diddy wasent created with the intention of being like peanuts to peanut alergic people. (Bad grammer :(_)
Agreed (not the bad grammar thing. The other thing. The intention of Diddy thing).

1. Govt has no controll over our fate
Get yourself drafted and get back to me.

2. Pokemon Trainers do not represent the government. They dont controll their pokemon like The Government controlls our armed forces.
I don't think they represent any type of government either. But I do think there are comparable characteristics between the two. In a general way. A pokemon trainer commands pokemon. A commander commands soldiers. The pokemon do as their trainer says, though there is a possibility for defiance. The soldiers do as their commander says, though rebellion can occur. The government can draft soldiers; a pokemon trainer captures pokemon against their will (usually).

Like I said, the similarities are vague and ultimately meaningless, but they're there.

They usualy make freinds with them. Train them. help them to become stronger. the only power they have is to choose their freinds/pokemon.
Arguably, the same can be said for military commanders.

Thats the only point im arguing. that and it dosent make sense to me. (even though I may have been arguing somthinga bit diffrent before)
Fair enough. I think we can both agree that any similarities that can be made were probably not intentionally put in by the creators of Pokemon.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Agreed (not the bad grammar thing. The other thing. The intention of Diddy thing).

Get yourself drafted and get back to me.

I don't think they represent any type of government either. But I do think there are comparable characteristics between the two. In a general way. A pokemon trainer commands pokemon. A commander commands soldiers. The pokemon do as their trainer says, though there is a possibility for defiance. The soldiers do as their commander says, though rebellion can occur. The government can draft soldiers; a pokemon trainer captures pokemon against their will (usually).

Like I said, the similarities are vague and ultimately meaningless, but they're there.

Arguably, the same can be said for military commanders.

Fair enough. I think we can both agree that any similarities that can be made were probably not intentionally put in by the creators of Pokemon.
Didnt think about drafting. you could alwase run away from the draft :p

Well.. Some pokemon Trainers dont battle pokemon at all. it'd be like a group of solders sitting around playing Halo 3 for their entire lives as soulders. Not going to happen.

I agree with what you said though. The similarities are there. but the pokemon trainer dosent embody them. people like ??? and Gary do moreso.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Didnt think about drafting. you could alwase run away from the draft :p
If it ever comes back, that's exactly what I plan on doing. ;)

Well.. Some pokemon Trainers dont battle pokemon at all. it'd be like a group of solders sitting around playing Halo 3 for their entire lives as soulders. Not going to happen.
That's a good point. The idea of just being friends exists in Pokemon, but that's not really the case in the military.

I agree with what you said though. The similarities are there. but the pokemon trainer dosent embody them. people like ??? and Gary do moreso.
Agreed. The rival in the pokemon games always manages to be the type to direct his pokemon like a dictator (except in Diamond and Pearl).

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. The rival in the pokemon games always manages to be the type to direct his pokemon like a dictator (except in Diamond and Pearl).
What about May? She doesn't seem like a dictator. And Brendan? Well, I don't know, since I don't play as the girl. So I don't know what he says. (I leave the the question to someone that did choose May.)

Still, interesting theory.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What about May? She doesn't seem like a dictator. And Brendan? Well, I don't know, since I don't play as the girl. So I don't know what he says. (I leave the the question to someone that did choose May.)

Still, interesting theory.
I always forget about Ruby and Sapphire since I didn't play either of those games. I'm basing most of the "dictator" thing on Blue(/Red) and Silver(/Gold).

Was your rival in Ruby/Sapphire really just the gender you didn't pick? It isn't like that in any pokemon game I've played. The rival has always been a character you're incapable of choosing.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Well heres what I can come up with
Bowser/Gannon- The bigger better man
Diddy kong/dK-African Americans
Fox-Japanese Mythical Fox of Tricksters (AntiChrist)
Ice climbers-Green Peace
Ike-Communist Rebellion
Kirby-
Link-White man using tools to conquer the wild
Lucas-Science
Mario-Drugged up blue collar america
Meta knight-Reminding us, robots may replace us one day
Peach/Zelda-Rich women taking the victim role when they just want to have fun (withbowser and Gannon)
Pikachu-Free man
Pit-Religion
Pokemon trainer-Government with his army, navy and airforce
Snake-Obivious reference for our lack of responsibility for our own lives and country (special ops must take care of everything not the common man)
Sonic-To make sure that no one would try and do what bruce lee did, they made sonic (another representive of speed) crappy
Wario/King dedede-The spoiled little kid that wants everything (including this game)
Yoshi-The ultimate truth that we will use animals to power everything (hamster wheels creating electricity)

I know some of them are pretty bad
-But I can't think of anymore farfetched relationships
Maybe ya'll could help me oot

Turbo Grafx-16

Smash Cadet
Times you wish Smashboards had Firebot.

This thread is insane, is it supposed to be a joke or do you seriously believe PT represents George W. Bush?

Jackal478

Smash Ace
How the hell do you connect PT with government.

PT doesn't equal Bush.

Its a GAME. NOT A SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE.

The thing that makes me so angry is the fact that most people hate Bush to be on the bandwagon...

JUST. LIKE. YOU. FORMULA.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
who said i hate bush,
I was just throwing the most recognizable idea out there

Ya'll just don't get it do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom