• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Very SPECIAL Tournament

clubbadubba

Smash Master
A Very SPECIAL Tournament

Due to a recent debate about which characters are the best with only B-moves available, I’ve decided to host a tournament in which players may only use SPECIAL attacks. This includes neutral B, up-B, and down-B. This means no grabs, no aerials, no jabs, no tilts, and no smashes. Rolling, shielding, and teching are obviously all okay.

YOU MAY NOT USE AERIALS TO HELP YOU RECOVER, i.e. NO KIRBY OR SAMUS F-AIR FOR HORIZONTAL DISTANCE.
AS SUCH, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU UNMAP YOUR A AND R BUTTONS, AS THEY WILL NOT BE NEEDED.

Rules:

[COLLAPSE="Read These Fool"]The rules will be the backroom recommended ruleset (found here), with the following additions.

Characters may only use neutral B, down-B, and up-B moves, at ALL times.

-Use of any other kind of move, at ANY time, even if it does not effect the outcome of the game, will result in a loss of that stock.

-If the use of the illegal move results in the loss of an opponents stock, the offender must kill his current stock and the following stock

-If the illegal move results in the loss of an opponents final stock, the offender forfeits the game.

-Pausing to discuss the legality of a move and the required stock penalty does not require loss of stock, however pausing for any other reason will if the opponent requests as in the recommended ruleset

-Due to the potential nature of these matches, the legal stages will be limited to DL, Congo, and Peaches. DL will be the only neutral, and the first match for each set.

-Length of sets will be determined after the number of entrants is determined.

[/COLLAPSE]

Highlights:
Only use B-moves ever or you will lose lives and stuff.
First match on Dreamland, after that counterpicks to DL, Congo, or PC.

I am not going to set a limit on number of entrants, cause I have no idea how many people will want to play. But I reserve the right to stop accepting entrants whenever I want. We’ll see in a few days.

Entrant: clubbadubba
Times Available: Flexible
Contact Info: PM me on smashboards

Current Entrants:

1. Clubbadubba
2. SheerMadness
3. Eikelmann
4. Combo Blaze
5. KnitePhox

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Mmmmm I guess! :D

Entrant: Combo Blaze
Times Available: 5 PM - 11:30 PM CST(?)
Contact Info: PM me HERE!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
so an interesting point has been brought up:

link cannot throw bombs with A if the buttons are unmapped, only with down-b. Should the unmapping of buttons be a requirement, basically considering throwing with a against the rules, or should leaving buttons mapped be a risk link players may choose to take?

People who are actually in the tournament, whatchu think?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I'll play

Iget 1,2frames on server, can also p2p 3 frames max

Pm me on here

I agree with link bomb throwing by down b only. He's already overpowered with boomerang... Kirby mite b cool

:phone:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
man this has really slowed down since we hit 5. You guys wanna go ahead with it? Round robin or something?

The Star King

Smash Hero
It does for Jigglypuff and Kirby because their jumps are weird and deccelerate you a bit in the middle unless you interrupt with an aerial. Nobody else though.

Top Bottom