• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ABK behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
I've seen this in quite a few videos and I have been experiencing this myself where the 2nd ABK won't "combo" for random reasons.

I have set up a scenario in training as Bayonetta and DK and set DK to 41%. After I do up B (without bullet arts) it gets DK to 49%, if I follow up with a side B, it randomly gets Dk to either 55% or 56%, if it gets him to 55% the 2nd side B will combo if not DK will get out of hitstun before I can connect the 2nd side B.

Cannot figure out what is causing this since as far as I am aware AI set to "stop" will not DI and I am not holding onto the button for bullets. Maybe its because I'm on the 3DS version maybe since I dont have access to my wii u.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I've seen this in quite a few videos and I have been experiencing this myself where the 2nd ABK won't "combo" for random reasons.

I have set up a scenario in training as Bayonetta and DK and set DK to 41%. After I do up B (without bullet arts) it gets DK to 49%, if I follow up with a side B, it randomly gets Dk to either 55% or 56%, if it gets him to 55% the 2nd side B will combo if not DK will get out of hitstun before I can connect the 2nd side B.

Cannot figure out what is causing this since as far as I am aware AI set to "stop" will not DI and I am not holding onto the button for bullets. Maybe its because I'm on the 3DS version maybe since I dont have access to my wii u.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated
For some reason the AI will still DI while on stop. It could be certain hitboxes, or a slight sweetspot. Another possibility is multi-hit, but I don't think it works that way. Please post this in the Q&A thread or the Metagame thread for further discussion, it is much easier for future players to find info in there then in a thread that will eventually be buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom