• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An amusing yet terrible dream feature for Pac Man

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
So we all know how Peach has the ability to float, right?
So I started to amuse myself by considering what if Pac Man had an ability activated similarly, but what he does is instead turn to the "classic" form and can move Up, Down, Left, and Right, but not diagonally. He would move freely in the air like in the original Pac-Man game. (I know the original game did not take place in the air, haha) It would only last for a few seconds and could be jumped out of. Maybe even make his aerials weaker if they're used to cancel out of the classic form, forcing him to jump out of it and THEN attack.
Is this something that should be in the game? More than likely not. And if it was, we'd probably have to take a hit somewhere else for compensation. Maybe making his grab even worse.
I'm posting this more as something to jokingly imagine being in the game.
As cool as it sounds I'm like 99 percent sure it'd be too good. Could you imagine getting knocked off stage and being able to use side-b, then "Classic" mobility (or whatever it would be called) and then possibly up-b? It'd be too good I think. But it's fun to think about.
Just good fun imagination.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
It'd be kinda broken if you could move higher than when he turns classic, but it could make him even more unpredictable.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
So we all know how Peach has the ability to float, right?
So I started to amuse myself by considering what if Pac Man had an ability activated similarly, but what he does is instead turn to the "classic" form and can move Up, Down, Left, and Right, but not diagonally. He would move freely in the air like in the original Pac-Man game. (I know the original game did not take place in the air, haha) It would only last for a few seconds and could be jumped out of. Maybe even make his aerials weaker if they're used to cancel out of the classic form, forcing him to jump out of it and THEN attack.
Is this something that should be in the game? More than likely not. And if it was, we'd probably have to take a hit somewhere else for compensation. Maybe making his grab even worse.
I'm posting this more as something to jokingly imagine being in the game.
As cool as it sounds I'm like 99 percent sure it'd be too good. Could you imagine getting knocked off stage and being able to use side-b, then "Classic" mobility (or whatever it would be called) and then possibly up-b? It'd be too good I think. But it's fun to think about.
Just good fun imagination.

I actually thought this would be a great concept before he was revealed, but now he has too many other strenghtes to balance this.
You'd have to remove Hydrant to make Pac balanced with this.

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
id rather just have more attacks where he bites and goes into retro form.

Top Bottom