• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS An incredibly odd 3DS crash issue...

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Odd, I'd normally associate random crashes to PC games rather than cartridges, but there you go.

Anyway, I've had a kind of odd crash on the 3DS Smash 4. Whenever I try to send a reply to a friend, it loads and then exits the game. It doesn't happen when uploading replays publicly, viewing replays, or receiving them; just sending them top friends.

Anyone have any idea what's causing the crash?

(If this needs to be moved to another forum, feel free. I took a shot in the dark and figured this one was best.)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ha, I do if you are saying that whenever you send replays to certain friends on your 3DS, it just suddenly freeze for a moment and then goes back to HOME screen, and then the bottom screen says "An error has occurred made the game to shut down. The system will restart".

Even when I try to upload replay public, chances are that it will tell you that you have reach post limit like for months.

I can only guess my former issue that it happens when you have like over 70-80 friends. And yes, this problem persists on the New 3DS, a 3DS that has been said to have more better processing power, crashes as well.

The latter problem is a common glitch that it happen a bit often. It will be consider as a glitch if it kept saying you have reach post limit for over a month. All you can do is wait, no even patches can be guarantee to fix it.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Ha, I do if you are saying that whenever you send replays to certain friends on your 3DS, it just suddenly freeze for a moment and then goes back to HOME screen, and then the bottom screen says "An error has occurred made the game to shut down. The system will restart".

Even when I try to upload replay public, chances are that it will tell you that you have reach post limit like for months.

I can only guess my former issue that it happens when you have like over 70-80 friends. And yes, this problem persists on the New 3DS, a 3DS that has been said to have more better processing power, crashes as well.

The latter problem is a common glitch that it happen a bit often. It will be consider as a glitch if it kept saying you have reach post limit for over a month. All you can do is wait, no even patches can be guarantee to fix it.
Ah, thank you. Yes, I think it's because I have so many people on my Friends List. I suppose that makes sense. Thanks for helping me out! =)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ah, thank you. Yes, I think it's because I have so many people on my Friends List. I suppose that makes sense. Thanks for helping me out! =)
I guess this is why not much people play Smash 3DS, too many glitches and bugs compare to the Wii U version.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I guess this is why not much people play Smash 3DS, too many glitches and bugs compare to the Wii U version.
To be fair, it's basically the only issue I've had. I am actually pretty fine with the 3DS version. =)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To be fair, it's basically the only issue I've had. I am actually pretty fine with the 3DS version. =)
I actually think 3DS version's gameplay is also pretty nifty, but it's the online experience isn't good.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I actually think 3DS version's gameplay is also pretty nifty, but it's the online experience isn't good.
Honestly, I don't mind it. Some laggy matches sometimes, but that's the nature of the beast with online play, I suppose.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Nice presumption based on lack of evidence. 3ds doesn't data wipe and potentially brick your system last time I checked.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nice presumption based on lack of evidence. 3ds doesn't data wipe and potentially brick your system last time I checked.
I have never mention it will data wipe or brick my system (I'm guessing what you mean is my 3DS data are corrupted right? It doesn't happen). It mostly occurs whenever I want to send replays, Miis, and even pics to my specific friends on my friend list. When it tries to load to the friend list screen, I notice after a short while the small ball loading will freeze for a sec and then my 3DS just return to home menu with that message that I had mentioned above. My 3DS' datas were all intact, nothing is gone. My Smash 3DS still runs fine.
I have even try this on my brother's New 3DS, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't depending on how many friends you have on your friend list. The more friends you have, the more likely it will occur.

I could make a video of my 3DS crash when sending to friends, but I don't have time doing it yet. Can you make a video Ryusuta Ryusuta ?
Honestly, I don't mind it. Some laggy matches sometimes, but that's the nature of the beast with online play, I suppose.
This is why I rarely play online on my 3DS these days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom