• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Analyze my Fox

-Opera-

Smash Rookie
Could you guys tell me what I should be working on? Specifically I would like whoever is willing, to watch grand finals match against this Mewtwo, its a matchup I am struggling with, and this is the first time I had played a decent one.

You can find it here: https://www.twitch.tv/raredropswv/v/55417528 at 3:25:13

Things I know I need to work on:
punishing the get up off ledge option
throwing out and spacing Bairs more often
diminishing the amount of dash attacks

Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks guys

Last edited:

DKGrayson

Smash Cadet
NNID
tauelf
Hi Mate,

firstly I'll say that you're a better Fox than me, and you appeared to be playing a good Mewtwo :)

A common theme that I noticed was your actions when he was off the edge. You have a habit of standing near the edge, with your back turned, and it's easy to read the coming bair. He blocked the bair every time, and got a free reset, or a punish on one or two occasions.

Maybe an option to mix it up with a ledge trump or even a RAR bair.

I noticed that the spacing of your dash attack was off a couple of times, but this looked like eagerness to finish a stock rather than an actual habit.

I took away from this that I don't jab enough at the end of an utilt string; I usually just whiff a dash attack after they DI out of the utilt :) so thanks for bringing that option to my attention.

Last edited:

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
I'd recommend using up tilt more often, the move is very optimal and it can set you up for you desired back airs, it's also a good option at the ledge.

You're really good at reading your opponnet's roll and punishing with an up smash.

Top Bottom