• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Annoying Things Online?

justices

Smash Rookie
NNID
saturns
3DS FC
2122-6254-8824
ok uhh I'm kinda a newbie at smash and haven't played online yet but I'm wondering what kind of tactics I should avoid using? How sportsmanship is like online? Like I read if your opponent fails a recovery then you should die on purpose?? just wondering so I don't annoy people :<

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
...This is the main problem I have with people when it comes to competitive titles: Honor codes.

Just win the dang match.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
It really depends on how seriously you want to take the game. If some guy SD's by accident you can SD also, or you don't. Up to you. Generally I wouldn't and will continue on with the match. If they want another try at it they can stay in the lobby. Just play to win, whatever works for you man. Even if someone on the forum says whatever tactic you're using is lame and annoying just remember that it's some random person on the internet and you aren't going to burn any bridges from doing what you can to win.

MrMajora

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I would say if it's For Glory, do what it takes to win. Glory =/= Honor
But if you're playing with friends, then it's up to you and your buds for that.

Top Bottom