• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Ness grab release combos?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I've always wondered this, but i never thought it to be possible because of how far away the opponent moves from both air and ground release. Could someone see if there are any possibilities of grab release combos? I thought there was one when playing my friend's lucas yesterday with grab release > dash grab, but it seems too slow.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
really? in that case is it just dashgrab on ground release and fair/nair on air release? Is there anyone who could do some testing/research on other characters, cause that sucks if it's only ness and lucas... but i sort of expect it.

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
I've seen a sick video where Ness grab released his opponent over the edge and spiked.
But if you're talking about ground combos, then I doubt anything'll be usable.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Wario also has to mash out of Ness's grab. If Wario doesn't manually jump out, you can't force him to.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Edge release to dair works most of the time since they ain't expecting it... Doesn't work in brawl+

MrEh

Smash Hero
Everyone has grab releases on Ness. Whether or not Ness has grab releases on other characaters remains to be tested thoroughly, but I wouldn't expect anything useful.

Ness himself is pretty bad at utilizing grab releases for 2 reasons.

1. Ness cannot force any character to jump release. Jump releasing is the only way to insure a +20 frame advantage on your opponent. Since Ness cannot force this, it becomes extremely unreliable to force jump releases.

2. Ness is too slow to capitalize on most jump releases when they happen anyway.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yo yo is your best shot at following up a grab release with a decently safe move....

Eww... I said something Nessedumacational.... For the first time in a while....

PsychoNess

Smash Cadet
I like to call it a mind game. I was brawling my friend. He uses CF. I would grab him and pummel until he gets away than u smash for a while. He would try to sheild grab but I grabed him insted. Now this just messes him up in the head.

Top Bottom