• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any similar ssb64 fox combos for ssbb?

dingdong

Smash Rookie
In ssb64 fox can do some pretty massive combos from d-air that doesn't need z-cancel. In ssbb videos I've noticed that you can probably connect a d-air into a d-tilt or up-tilt just like you could in ssb64. Also, fox's and everybody else's short hop is pretty high just like in ssb64. Maybe if fox does a d-tilt from d-air and short hops towards the opponent and tries to d-air again, it could work. If you've seen some Isai and other pros play ssb64 you'll know the combos I'm talking about. I don't have ssbb but like many others, I'm curious whether or not things will work.

exp of a combo from ssb64: d-air, d-tilt, short hop, d-air, u-tilt(x4), d-air, jab, up smash.

PS: Please don't flame this or get angry, I'm just wondering or not something even remotely similar will work. That'll be awesome.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
And it was called Z-Cancelling because it used the Z button and they didn't know what else to call it.

L-Cancelling presumably was born of this convention, as L is the label for the corresponding button/function on a GC controller, but came to stand for Lag because you can sheild with R as well.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
L was taunt, kid.
L stands for Lag, kid.

Lag-Cancelling can be done from any shield button, it's not restricted to any particular one. It's a big reason why many idiots fell into thinking that Lag-Cancelling stood for the shoulder button L. Turns out you can R-Cancel too! Then there's Z-Cancel! -- Appropriately, to get rid of the garbage that gives the same technique three different names, L stood for Lag, not the shoulder button.

So L-Cancelling was in SSB64. It was done by pressing Z, though. The term has changed through the years and currently means LAG.

Mathixkoa

Smash Rookie
Lol I think he ignored the fact that they're diff names, thus diff names for each tech is present. L cancel in melee can be done with Z, R, or L. SSB lag cancelling was done purely with the Z button. In SSB it is STILL called Z cancelling.

Now that we cleared that up, lets please continue with the topic.

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
Lol @ the guys who don't know L-cancel means Lag-Cancel.
And yeah, ADA tilt up ada tilt up tilt up ANA or alike combos work pretty well on ZSS, and Bowser i noticed. ^^

Top Bottom