• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone know a few obscure action IDs

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The ones used when a character is inflicted with freeze or grounding (a la DK side-B). I need to make a fighter.pac injection relating to these, and I have no idea which action IDs they are. A quick perusal of fighter.pac does not make it obvious; if anyone knows, it would help me out.

EDIT: The action ID for when you are inside Yoshi's egg (you get hit by his neutral special) would be pretty cool to know too.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I can find them for you without too much trouble, but I won't be able to do it until after 9 tonight when I get home from work. Hopefully somebody can help you before then.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I want to go through the whole list and re-confirm a lot of them.

Just gotta figure out how to manuever to where the current action is located in memory

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Oh, no rush; if I get these values in 20 minutes versus in a few days, it's all about the same. I suppose I should tell what it's for though.

So, shanus knows but maybe not many others do. I have a working ledgegrab code (which hilariously shanus and I already have what are probably permanently divergent versions of it!). I won't describe the behavior in-depth, but it's a fairly clean and rigorous solution to planking that involves a variable reset that works on the principle of "it only resets when they "get" you, as in you get hit or die (or transform into another character, edge case I can't prevent). I can accept hits that don't inflict hitstun (Fox laser, Mario Cape, etc.) not toggling it, but Thinkaman did some testing that revealed that many of the weird hits don't trigger it (our list is freezing, tripping, grounding, sleep, and Yoshi's Egg for sure, I think Snake dthrow too). I already have the action IDs involved with tripping and sleep from earlier work, and I plan to just make getting grabbed at all a reset condition which indirectly handles the Snake dthrow case (and prevents grab release silliness). That leaves, that I can think up, freezing, grounding, and Yoshi's Egg though maybe there are weird cases involving some other special grabs that we just didn't explore (by the way, the code natively works well with ZSS stun and Deku Nuts so don't worry about those).

The existence of this code is highly confidential; I'm just assuming no one back here is going to leak this fact, but I figure thinking back that asking for help and not giving such a detail is bad form. As per the release, it's being released with the next standard release of Balanced Brawl which I personally estimate to be about 2 weeks away, maybe closer maybe farther. I, of course, have always been a big believer in openness so any projects interested will be free to use it; if anything I feel kinda bad holding something like this back for so long but at least I'm not gaining any benefit from it right now.

Thanks to whoever lends a hand in finding these tricky action IDs.

shanus

Smash Hero
Heh yeah, i modified the code a lot. I think mine injects at 14 or 16 different locations now? haha

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Thanks a lot! I looked at neighboring action IDs, and I was able to figure some stuff out from that.

C7 is being grounded. C8 is the idle state for while you're grounded. C9 is exiting the grounded state. The general change action commands show that C7 goes to either C8 or C9 depending on situation (like it goes right to C9 in the air), and C8 goes to C9 so I'm just concluding this is how it works based on what I know from elsewhere. A fighter.pac injection should best target C7 for reliable results.

CA is indeed the main frozen action. CB appears to be exiting the frozen state since CA leads into CB.

In both cases, requirement 2E is used to determine the transitions. That requirement must be "timer is at zero" or something to that effect.

I see nothing obvious linking to or out of EC; EC itself has five lines of code, four of which are undocumented (the last being item visibility). This would have been all but impossible to find just looking at fighter.pac.

I'll go update the action ID topic with these (and the other day, I updated it with the teetering on edge actions; I think someone previously had found them, but I stumbled on them myself in a failed search for freezing and grounding). The list is kinda cobbled together in a lot of ways; if anyone has any improvements, I'd be happy to implement them.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239768

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I just applied those action IDs; they're all good for very sure seeing as they produce in-game results. In fact, this ledge grab code is almost complete; I tested all the odd cases I could think of, and these were the only remaining issues.

Diddy Kong Monkey Flip grab
Yoshi normal grab (all other normal grabs work fine, including tethers, Olimar, and Snake)
Ganondorf Flame Choke (may be different in air vs on ground)
Kirby Inhale
King Dedede Inhale

Basically a few weird command grabs and Yoshi's very weird grab, all of them victim side of course.

If anyone can dig those up, it would be pretty awesome. If not, I may be able to put Thinkaman on the job with those memory locations, not sure.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
While there is a thread for it, whats the action ID/SubAction for the character after they escape a grab?

Making a trainer where Wario uses his double jump ASAP after he is released from a grab.

-DD

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
41 is jump break's action ID; that was one of the IDs already in the action ID list.

Action ID and subaction are different, of course. Depending on how you are doing things, you may need one or the other.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Top Bottom