• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17th, 2014 - Somerset, NJ - Registration is up! $5,000+ in Prizes

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
January 17-19, 2014

Registration is up! Go to www.apex-series.com/registration
Rules are
Hey all! Apex 2014, the biggest Smash tournament is back! We have a lot in store for you guys this year. As always we took all feedback we could and implemented it into our new event.

(All games will be played on Xbox, while Smash will be played on Wii/GC/N64 respectively)

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles ($15) - $1,000 Pot Bonus
• Super Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles ($10 Per Person) - 128 Team Cap
• Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles ($15) - $1,000 Pot Bonus
• Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles ($10 Per Person) - 128 Team Cap
• Super Smash Bros. ($10 Per Person) - 128 Man Cap - $200 Pot Bonus
• Project M ($10 Per Person) - 192 Man Cap - $200 Pot Bonus
• Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Version 2012 ($10) - $1,000 Pot Bonus
• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 ($10) - $1,000 Pot Bonus
• King of Fighters XIII ($10) - $200 Pot Bonus
• Tekken Tag Tournament 2 ($10) - $200 Pot Bonus
• Injustice – Gods Among Us ($10) - $500 Pot Bonus
• Pokemon X/Y ($10 Per Person) - $200 Pot Bonus TCG + VGC!

We have moved to a new venue this year. We decided that the best venue we could get for all attendees would be a hotel. After spending weeks looking for a perfect venue we found one:

DoubleTree by Hilton
200 Atrium Drive, Somerset
New Jersey 08873

Here are some amazing features:

• Situated on 16 manicured acres, in the thriving business community of Somerset, NJ
  • Adjacent to the 62,000-square-foot Garden State Convention Center
  • Just minutes from world-class shopping, dining and nightlife
  • Within one hour of Philadelphia, the Jersey Shore and Manhattan
  • Approximately 14 miles from the corporate jet runways of Princeton Airport
  • Just 35 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
  • Approximately 85 miles from JFK International Airport and LaGuardia Airport
  • Precor Fitness Center, with top-notch cardiovascular and weight-training equipment
  • Flat screen televisions
  • Tuscany Restaurant , acclaimed for its hearty breakfasts, delicious lunches, and Northern Italian dinner entrées
  • TK's Lounge, offering lighter fare and cocktails, along with DJ and karaoke
  • Outdoor Tiki Bar, serving light meals and beverages poolside
  • Tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts, located on our beautiful grounds
  • 19-station Circuit Fitness Course, a unique jogging amenity around the hotel's grounds
  • Complimentary parking for all guests
  • DoubleTree's signature warm chocolate chip cookie welcome
  • Centrally located concierge, to assist with all your needs
  • Friendly, multilingual staff helps you enjoy your stay
  • Hilton HHonors, frequent guest rewards program
The place has everything you need to relax after your matches, or even an alternative place to hang out doing off hours of the event. Do not lose a chance and stay anywhere else. Staying here is THE place to be.

HOTEL RESERVATIONS

To reserve please call 1-800-222-TREE and ask for reservations for the Apex 2014 Tournament room block. We have worked very hard for these rooms and can gladly announce that all rooms will be a group rate of $99.00/Night. This is a big decrease from last year so use these rooms to your full advantage!

You can sign up on our site to be a part of the Apex 2014 Qualifiers Season!

We have four big streamers ready for this event. We can tell you that, in addition to those, there is already a Salty Suite planned by Team Hazmat themselves.

We also will be having the return of Hold Back to Block interviews ( See http://crosscounter.tv/apex-2013-interviews-from-hold-back-to-block/ ) as their amazing talents will be welcome to come again.

Screwattack will be returning to provide more fun antics and interviews as well. Stay tuned for more from them.

OCReMix will be providing us with a new album. Details are already on their site at http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43510. Want to be a part of the album? Put your music there!

Apex Tournament Series is proud to announce the Apex 2014 pot bonuses so far. Thanks to Play-Asia, CEO Gaming, and Megabus for sponsoring the event with the following bonuses prizes.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - $1,000
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $1,000
Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition - $1,000
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $1,000
Super Smash Bros. [Nintendo 64] - $200
Pokémon Trading Card Game - $200
Pokémon X/Y - $200
Project M - $200
Injustice Gods Among Us - $200
King of Fighters ‘13 - $200
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $200

We are still gathering more sponsors for Apex, so don't be surprised to see these pot bonuses go up in the future!

In addition to the wonderful line up above, Apex is proud to play host to a variety of side events.
Side Games Include:

• SkullGirls ($10 Per Person)
• Persona 4 ($10 Per Person)
• BlazBlue: ChronoPhantasma ($10 Per Person)
• Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate ($10 Per Person)
• Soul Calibur V($10 Per Person)
• Mortal Kombat 9($10 Per Person)
• GG Accent Core +R ($10 Per Person)

Registration for side events will take place at the door!

-Travel Info

All travel info is available here: https://www.apex-series.com/information/traveling/

-Indie Developer

Want to bring your game to Apex 2014 to show? Please make sure to read all the F.A.Q's and Guidelines over at: http://www.apex-series.com/indie-developers/indie-faq/
Signing-up does not guarantee you a spot. Applications will stay up until the end of November. You will know if you are accepted by early December. https://www.apex-series.com/indie-developers/indie-application

- Artist Alley

Here’s the lowdown on everything before taking part in the alley. You, as a participant, are required to read these rules for participation. If you don’t adhere to all of these you will not be allowed to participate. The rules and regulations are located here: https://www.apex-series.com/artists-alley/info/
This is an application for interest to be involved with Apex 2014: https://www.apex-series.com/artists-alley/application. This does not guarantee you a spot in the event! Applications will stay up until mid to end of November and acceptance letters will go out early December.

-Player Registration

Here you may create an account, and register for Apex 2014: https://www.apex-series.com/registration/. Please note this uses a new account system than the Apex 2013 site, and all accounts must be re-created.

Registration price increase is November 10th at 11:59pm EST!

-Volunteer Registration

Each year, as the event grows larger, we are always in need of larger volunteer staff to help make the event run smoothly and amazingly! We’re looking for people to dedicate their time in many different aspects such as pool refs, registration desk, badge checks to name a few. We’re also looking for off site volunteers (article writers, social media managers) to help out. We ask that you fill out a position that you looking to help out with (even if it’s not listed) and even if you don’t know that you be willing to work any position during the event. https://www.apex-series.com/volunteer/

We will be having more information about the event coming soon.

This year is our year. We have a lot going for us and we are excited to present this to you. We expect everyone to get hyped at Apex 2014 and to continue making this event the biggest and best for all Smash games!

Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Now I really need to go this, last year I didnt make it for a ***** thing... Now I'll be there for sure

#Apex2014 #hype

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey Alex, I'm trying to reserve a room but it seems that the discount only covers Friday and Saturday.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Great seeing Project M as an official event this year. Do you think both single and doubles can happen? If so I will definitely be here.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
There is a slight chance I may be able to make it out to the US for this. If not, ah well. If so, my body is ready.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Hey dudes and dudettes and furries, I'm here to announce that I (pidgezero_one) will be running official "Teammate finder" and "MM finder" threads this year in order to make it easy for you guys to find those things! I ran the MM finder thread last year and I think I did an okay job of keeping it up-to-date and readable. I'll be making it closer to the date.

I might also be making a "Who Has Space In Their Hotel Room?" thread to hopefully prevent as much last-minute scrambling as possible, if you guys would use something like that. Thoughts?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey dudes and dudettes and furries, I'm here to announce that I (pidgezero_one) will be running official "Teammate finder" and "MM finder" threads this year in order to make it easy for you guys to find those things! I ran the MM finder thread last year and I think I did an okay job of keeping it up-to-date and readable. I'll be making it closer to the date.

I might also be making a "Who Has Space In Their Hotel Room?" thread to hopefully prevent as much last-minute scrambling as possible, if you guys would use something like that. Thoughts?
The "Who has space" is a good idea. Useful for those who are looking for housing/hoteling.

I will look into it.
BASED STRIFE

Top Bottom