• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex SSB64 Meetup / Tournament

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Don't forget Sensei!

Ben when you get there text me (in case I'm in an important match) and I'll come find you when I can so we can discuss organizing this thing.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully! if all goes as planned, i can record but my laptop is crappy so i have to make sure it doesn't overheat.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
So the tourney is actually tomorrow but they did the signups today. There's over 20 entrants including me, Sensei, PC Chris, M2k, and Chu.

dandan

Smash Lord
i think i heard in the melee stream that mango and jman registered to the 64 tourney.
i wish the 64 was streamed.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
We had 23 entrants for Smash 64, including myself, Sensei, m3gav01t, Jerry (valoem), PC Chris, Mango, Chu, Wenbo, and others I'm not recalling at the moment. It was hilarious seeing Mango literally learn how to play during his matches.

We got a decent amount of tourney matches recorded including all the livestream matches. I think one of the only really great matches that wasn't recorded was Chu vs. m3gav01t. I think Mango requested that none of his matches be recorded (but he didn't get that far anyway).

Sensei

Smash Lord
Fun times! Good seeing all the old and some new faces there! Can't wait to see the videos. m3gav01t is labeled as MangoVault on the livestream. Thats pretty hilarious. Commentating was beast. Matches were beast. Mango's falcon is ****, mango combo all day lol. dark link bringing it back. hamburglar with the 99999 controllers. nintendude with the insane reverse ledge DI. megvolt kicks to children's faces. gerry aka valoem aka the chinese driuglord. Malva's goatee. Can't wait till next year! APEX 2011! wooooo000t591890821!!=

malva00

Smash Master
are you trying to say someone made a replica of my old goatee and wore it throughout the tournament?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
so all those melee playeres matches werent recorded? D:
would be cool to see them play 64

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
Mango was lovin' it

I wish Dapuffster M2K and HBox didn't have to drop out but the turnout was awesome for 64 regardless. I recorded some sets but i haven't checked them out yet, my recording setup is on the fritz so hopefully they are all watchable. We definitely have the losers semis, winners finals, losers finals and grand finals recorded though by the livestream dude. Doing the commentary was really awesome too.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Awesome they let ssb64 get on the stream even though I didn't get to watch much of it. We need to try and get a ssb64 tourney at all the national melee/brawl tourneys from now on. I think a lot of melee/brawl players would join for like $5 just for the nostalgia factor. Could be a great way to grow our community.

The more exposure we get the better.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
ImNotPro that definitely was not Mango. I've seen some impersonators go online before and I'm sure that was one of them.

Results were something like this:

1. Sensei
2. Nintendude
3. m3gav01t
4. Jerry
5. Hamburglar
5. jbandrew (I think)
7. PC Chris?
7. Chu Dat?

dunno the rest

VGBootCamp has the bracket and the livestreamed matches with commentary. Hamburglar has the winner's semifinal matches (me vs. Jerry, Sensei vs. m3gav01t) and a couple sets with PC Chris.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Good job Nintendude and Sensei!

The return of megavolt made me very happy.

I also can't believe DarkLink was there O_o

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Full results:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3439/64bracket.png

1: Sensei (Pikachu, Fox)
2: Nintendude (Mario, Samus, Kirby, Falcon)
3: M3gav01t (Falcon)
4: Jerry (Pikachu)
5: Jband (Falcon)
5: Hamburglar (Yoshi, Fox)
7: PC Chris (Fox)
7: Vudugin
9: Scorpion Master (Mango) (Falcon)
9: Wenbo
9: gunblade
9: Sharky
13: Mister E
13: Silver
13: ChuDat (Pikachu)
13: Lefty
17: M@V
17: Jtails
17: Xivk
17: Fino
17: Sanuzi
17: smelly cat

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
I tied for 5th! super happy about that, plus, i lost to megavolt in the 3rd match but after I somehow won with yoshi against his falcon in the first match! super fluuuuuuke? either way, I'm happy about how this tourney ended up.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
for character I played Kirby and falcon in this. =]

I did a lot better in this than I thought I would do. I was re-learning the game as I played. Im gunna practice so I can do better next time.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
In case anyone's wondering, the double bye in the bracket used to be DaPuffster, m2k, or hbox (I forget which). We just removed them when they dropped out but tio was dumb and wouldn't let us replace a bye with another player.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
man, this was a lot of fun. it was nice seeing everyone again. i hadn't been to a tournament in over a year and a half. i'm definitely gonna start playing again, maybe try to set up p2p and play online and what not.

man, it was especially awesome having some intense falcon dittos when dark link showed up out of nowhere. i wish those matches got recorded, they were way more interesting since i wasn't just camping like an ******* the way i was in the tournament.

also, i can't find the vids of me. if someone could shoot me a link that'd be great because i was going to email them and try to persuade them to change my name from mango vault to m3gav01t.

hamburglar, that wasn't a fluke. you've got a solid yoshi, i had a lot of trouble getting out of your combos once you got me in one.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
man, this was a lot of fun. it was nice seeing everyone again. i hadn't been to a tournament in over a year and a half. i'm definitely gonna start playing again, maybe try to set up p2p and play online and what not.

man, it was especially awesome having some intense falcon dittos when dark link showed up out of nowhere. i wish those matches got recorded, they were way more interesting since i wasn't just camping like an ******* the way i was in the tournament.

also, i can't find the vids of me. if someone could shoot me a link that'd be great because i was going to email them and try to persuade them to change my name from mango vault to m3gav01t.

hamburglar, that wasn't a fluke. you've got a solid yoshi, i had a lot of trouble getting out of your combos once you got me in one.
why hello there mangovault :laugh:

Olikus

Smash Champion
I know this is a really old thread so sorry for bumping it. but is the vids anywhere? Would be cool to watch them :)

Top Bottom