• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching with Ganon help pls ):

LightKaizo

Smash Rookie
I've been having trouble approaching with Ganondorf, Normally I always go for an aerial or dash attack, I always get sheild grab its been a terrible issue I'm having.
I also try and grab them and throw them onto a platform but they get away after I get 1 hit.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
No, this is just too vague a question. Ganon isn't a character that was built to win the neutral with conventional options. When you approach with Ganon, it's like playing game of rock paper scissors on a larger scale. You need to make reads or at least be a few steps ahead of your opponent.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You prevent shield grabs by using your aerials at appropriate times and spacing them precisely as possible, out of shield grab range. You have to be selective with dash attack too although it's a good move (try using it after a jab in certain matchups when you don't have time to jc grab).

You have to think bait and punish. You have to be familiar with what is safe and what is not, and do something that is safe, but looks unsafe (and therefore, a free opportunity for an approach) to your opponent.

When you throw someone up on a platform, there are lots of ways to get more than one hit, but it's not always necessary. The key is putting your opponent in a bad situation. Try your best to get them offstage.

Top Bottom