• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are Aliens Real?

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
And they'd be wrong. Economics is weird, isn't it? :laugh:
Like usual, the unicorn's entire argument is based on someone else's ideas and writings. Unfortunately we live in a world where many people don't know how to think for themselves and assume everything they read is fact. Sometimes even misinterpreting the meaning behind that document as well due to their lack of ability to understand. It is a known fact in Arizona (along as many other places) that illegal aliens take jobs for lower pay stealing original legal resident’s opportunity for income (jobs). If you deny this then you are probably still in grade school and don’t have any real world experience with jobs/illegal aliens.

NNID
Budget_Player
Like usual, the unicorn's entire argument is based on someone else's ideas and writings. Unfortunately we live in a world where many people don't know how to think for themselves and assume everything they read is fact. Sometimes even misinterpreting the meaning behind that document as well due to their lack of ability to understand. It is a known fact in Arizona (along as many other places) that illegal aliens take jobs for lower pay stealing original legal resident’s opportunity for income (jobs). If you deny this then you are probably still in grade school and don’t have any real world experience with jobs/illegal aliens.
Illegal aliens do work, yes; it's almost always work other people don't want to do. At the same time, they're demanding goods and services just like anyone else, and as a result grow the economy.

The reason I cited Factcheck.org is that, first of all, as a general rule of thumb, they are a very reliable fact-checking source, particularly for widely-politicized claims, and second of all, economics is difficult and often incredibly counterintuitive. First impressions are often (read: almost always) wrong, and the results can be incredibly puzzling. For example, it doesn't seem like paying someone to dig up and fill in a hole would grow the economy, but if that person is poor, it has as a result that that person has more disposable income, and can reinvest it in the community. Or how about the paradox of thrift? That one's kinda weird.

But really, all of this doesn't matter. Countering a reputable source (which, itself, cites countless other experts) with "It is a known fact" (and nothing else) is just weak sauce.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Calling someone "the unicorn" isn't a convincing argument. :/

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Yes Aliens do exist.

Hellooooo....have you been to Japan?

They have used panties in vending machines, potato flavored Kit Kats, and cat bars where you pay money to have cats crawl all over you while you drink overpriced beverages.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Yes Aliens do exist.

Hellooooo....have you been to Japan?

They have used panties in vending machines, potato flavored Kit Kats, and cat bars where you pay money to have cats crawl all over you while you drink overpriced beverages.
Also they have mountain dew flavored chips which its cool.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I believe there are living beings outside of Earth, but not on the way we think they are. Like, do we even have an idea of what an Alien look like? I don't think they are transparent beings with purely black eyes. We have evidence there is life outside of Earth, but we have no idea what they look/sound/act/smell (I wonder if they smell like bacon) like.

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
Meh theres some proof they are and there not its just to confusing so we need to analyze sightings and proof of aliens and see if they seem legit or not!
I'm not completely sure on this, but I think there have been some findings of water on some other planets like Mars. And you know what water means? Life! Water isn't just sitting there for nothing. Someone or something needs to use it. That's the only way organisms can live. Maybe there are other species, but not the stereotypical green aliens with weird looking heads XD. Probably just some little organisms or something like that. But most likely not. Because I'm a Christian and in my belief, God created the earth. in the beginning of the Bible it says that God created the earth, it took him 7 days, etc. But it never mentioned any other life on different planets besides earth. That's just my opinion! I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
There's been speculation that Mars once had the necessary combination of radiation and elements to sustain life but that it didn't pan out like it did here. Though I hate to assume water = life. That's what makes Earth so interesting.

I find the search for life is an introspectively arcane undertaking though not without merit. Just that, the search happens because we're alive in the first place. To think the same conditions could occur somewhere else isn't unfounded. Simple statistics says it's a good bet.

Top Bottom