• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wolf's jumpsquat animation is 7 frames. That means that 8 frames after you press jump he'll be airborne. So, jumpshine after spotdodge means 13 frames of vulnerability if buffered perfectly, not too bad :3

:059:

D

Deleted member

Wait, so just to check, Dair is the best option when flying upwards instead of Bair?

Kiest told me recently that using your fastest aerial is the best way to DI. It didn't ever really make sense to me, though.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Wait, so just to check, Dair is the best option when flying upwards instead of Bair?

Kiest told me recently that using your fastest aerial is the best way to DI. It didn't ever really make sense to me, though.
for most characters yes, but wolf is weird

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
Momentum canceling when flying upward with Dair is better because c stick down fast falls immediately. A faster ending move doesn't matter since DJ won't help you survive vertically.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
The only thing to watch out for with dair, is if it's a lot longer it might get you thundered vs. pikachu... (just generally, not necessarily wolf)

tekkie

Smash Master
The only thing to watch out for with dair, is if it's a lot longer it might get you thundered vs. pikachu... (just generally, not necessarily wolf)
if youre playing a good pikachu you dont have enough time to aerial and still airdodge. i can guarantee this 100% fo shizzle, if you arent reading the thunder and DIing correctly/timing your airdodge right then you're ****ed

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
When being knocked horizontally/diagonally though, Bair is a better momentum canceler though right?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
momentum cancelling are surviving are sometimes different things. For pure survival off to the side, nair is better than bair

castorpollux

Smash Champion
can we get rid of this sticky? i think it's useless and should combine it with the social thread

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
This has been bothering me for a while, how exactly do you light step? I've been trying all kinds of DI, buttons and whatnot but I can't seem to find the one way to do a light step rather than telestep, it seems to just occur at random, help anyone?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
This has been bothering me for a while, how exactly do you light step? I've been trying all kinds of DI, buttons and whatnot but I can't seem to find the one way to do a light step rather than telestep, it seems to just occur at random, help anyone?
Tis easy my man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIaypm4cbfY

Jus watch the beginning of that vid he lightsteps on both of the locations, shud give u an idea on where to side b to lightstep. Good ol JCav

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Since the purpose of this thread is kinda gone now that Q&A has been added into the social thread (lol Wolf boards), I think I'm going to lock this thread for the sake of... being able to? :p

All further questions should be asked in the sticky, ty :3

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom