• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asking About How the Smash Scene is in South Florida

abctmtom

Smash Rookie
I have been playing smash a ton and am interested in getting into the physical smash community but it is very hard to find smash games near me i wanted to ask if there is anyone who know how my area is.
Ps; my area is like South Florida like i said in the title.
Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
There are regular tournaments at Arcade Odyssey (Miami) and Versus Gaming Center (Pompano). Sometimes people play at coolstuff (hollywood) too. I'm sure someone will chime in.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I have been playing smash a ton and am interested in getting into the physical smash community but it is very hard to find smash games near me i wanted to ask if there is anyone who know how my area is.
Ps; my area is like South Florida like i said in the title.
Thanks for your time.
What game(s)?
Where in South Florida?

Onett Hiko

Smash Rookie
NNID
Baajime
I want to bump this up since i'm curious and about to throw myself into the competitive sm4sh scene down here. Hopefully enrolling into FIU this summer term (i've heard there are many smashers/people who play smash that come out) I wonder how the competition/scene is

Osmosis124

Smash Cadet
Fiu has a really cool crew. Our Group is called Panther Smash and we've been doing tournaments since last summer. We're a bunch of smashers in our growing phase.
The main game is usually PM and I'd say we might have the best talent pool in sfl colleges for PM. Most notably Red1/Hero of Time
Melee has less players but are still solid and alot of SFL best slide through like Blea.
Smash4 is the smallest but there's still room for growth, like someone bringing and actually setup consistently, but we still have good players.

We have an event every Friday (not sure about Summer yet) make sure to come to those if you really want to level up.

edit: You can join this group for more info https://www.facebook.com/groups/459492047514116/?ref=bookmarks

Last edited:

NC_JKid

N. Carolina's Lady in Pink
NNID
JKidrauhl
Anything in the Palm Beach or even Ft. Lauderdale area? It sucks not having anywhere to go near me :(

sunburst777

Smash Rookie
Anything in the FGCU (ft myres) area? Looking to get into pm/ smash 4

Don't know anything about the south Florida scene unfortunately

Cocoa Brova

Smash Cadet
NNID
eydoc14
3DS FC
4012-5269-2281
Anything in the Palm Beach or even Ft. Lauderdale area? It sucks not having anywhere to go near me :(
I'm in Palm Beach Gardens if you (or ANYONE ELSE IN THE PALM BEACHES lol) r looking to play, I'm trying to up my game so I at least stand a chance if i go to Pompano or Miami

ChemX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mychemmeghan
Anything in the FGCU (ft myres) area? Looking to get into pm/ smash 4

Don't know anything about the south Florida scene unfortunately
As of right now FGCU doesn't really have a Melee / PM scene. We used to have RockCrock come out but he is no longer an active Smash member in our community probably he is working on his OT career. However, we do have several Smash 4 players if you're into that.

NC_JKid

N. Carolina's Lady in Pink
NNID
JKidrauhl
I'm in Palm Beach Gardens if you (or ANYONE ELSE IN THE PALM BEACHES lol) r looking to play, I'm trying to up my game so I at least stand a chance if i go to Pompano or Miami
I'm always down for practice! Add me! NNID: JKidrauhl

Palm Beach has to represent lol

PkmnTrainerAbram

Smash Rookie
NNID
PkmnTrainerAbram
3DS FC
0044-4173-2062
Does anyone know of any Smash communites in or near Vero Beach? We used to have a tourney every week in the local mall but that shop closed down some years ago.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
I'm trying to work on creating a healthy tournament scene in the Hialeah area if you're interested; we're still in our planning phases, and I don't have any concrete details yet, but throwing it out there if any of y'all are interested. Best way you could possibly help would be through promotion here on Smashboards and on social media.

Antwon420

Smash Apprentice
I'm from West Palm Beach and im big into Smash 64. I play melee on the side but if anyone wants to have a legitament training partner for 64 hmu. Also I'd be willing to get better at Melee aswell.

JGtheGlow

Smash Rookie
I live on Clematis St in West Palm Beach and I'm a legitimate training partner. Antwan 420, let's do this. I play all installments--64, melee, brawl, and (newly) 4.

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
I'm trying to work on creating a healthy tournament scene in the Hialeah area if you're interested; we're still in our planning phases, and I don't have any concrete details yet, but throwing it out there if any of y'all are interested. Best way you could possibly help would be through promotion here on Smashboards and on social media.
A Hialeah scene? Sign me up!

Top Bottom