• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

attack list ?! / who?

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
You could just READ through the threads that already exist, instead of a creating two new ones.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
*sigh*

Alrighty, I'll walk you through my personal opinion of what Snake's Special Move update means. But be warned that this is only my interpretation of what it is, and could be wrong. With that covered, let's get to the point.

(note: The text in green is mine. Everything else is taken from the website.)

The post:

"Sep. 21 Fri. 2007

Snake: Special Moves

It’s not just Snake’s special moves that use ordnance—so do his Smash attacks. Can that be?

Note that here he's talking about Smash Attacks. Try to not become confused by the sudden topic change. The same thing happens in Lucas's update.

He’s shooting something up in the air!

The above photo is thought to be his Up Smash. As the text explains, he shoots something (a missle, by the look of it) into the air. This would be handy against people who like to stay just out of your reach

He’s planting something!

This one is believed to be his Down Smash. Apparently, he plants a mine. For some reason, a lot of people are confused by it.[COLOR]

<Side Special Move: Remote Missile>

This is called a Nikita. It’s a remote-controlled missile.

Missile fired!

You can control the missile yourself! But since Snake is so focused on controlling the missile, he’s completely defenseless while he does so.

Obviously, he fires a guided missile. Being hit by this missile will very likely hurt. There isn't much to explain beyond this.

If things get dangerous, press the shield button to stop controlling the missile.

Put simply: Use this attack, and you can't control your character, because you're controlling the missile. Push the shield button to stop controlling the missile so you can control your character.

<Standard Special Move: Hand Grenade>

Try walking around with the pin out.

Press your special-move button to pull out the pin. The grenade will explode after a few seconds, so be aware of the time and press the special-move button again to toss the grenade.

Strong throw!

Mid throw!

Soft throw!

There are three ways to throw the grenade.
Tilt the Control Stick forward, not at all, or backward.

In some cases, grenades you drop may get returned to sender.

If you know anything about grenades, this one will be easy. Push the button, equip a grenade. Push the button again, pull out the pin. Throw the grenade before it blows up in your face. Watch out, because someone might chuck it back at you. When in doubt, lob a second grenade.

And his recovery special move is...

<Up Special Move: Cypher>

Oh! Watch out! In times like this...

Shoosh-shoosh-shoosh-shoosh-shoosh!

Use his flying reconnaissance camera, the Cypher, to recover. Snake can’t fly, but he’ll do what he must.

It's a recovery move. The flying spy camera seems to work as a helicopter in a pinch, so Snake uses it to get back on stage.

He’ll use anything in the battlefield. That’s the crux of survival."

Versatility must be the main idea behind his attacks or something. These techniques look like they could be used in a variety of situations.

/end post

If you're still confused, just stop thinking about it. If it isn't on that site, nobody knows anything else about it... unless they're the ones making the game. I'm sure everything will make perfect sense once you start playing it.

Top Bottom