• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention previous Ness mains: bad news.

Levitas

the moon
Jeez, it's possible that gameplay developers just determined that it really didn't do anything for characters at this point. It's really a moot point.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
im thnking they removed it for the same reason they made none of the characters fall very fast in relation to characters in melee:

They wanted to make he game easier for more people to play, and fast fallers and DjC were top causes of noob SDs

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Oh well. It's not ENTIRELY a bad thing. After all, a bunch of interesting looking possibilities are opening up from Ness being able to attack from his second jump without losing altitude. He's not going to be the aerial master he was in Melee though, which is sad.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Thankfully, I play Ness from pure fanboyism, so I don't have to care about things like playstyle or movesets or tiers. All I have to care about is a red hat, a red and blue striped shirt, and a yellow backpack. Oh, and that Mr. Saturn T-shirt. That thing is epic.

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
Pure epic win. Turn off all items except Mr. Saturn while you're at it.
So do we have anything definitive on B DjC?
PK Thunder HAS to stop movement, It's a recovery move. PK Flash also stops movement, at least in Melee.
Are rising PK Fires possible?

Oh ya, Lucas' and Ness' PKT2 take about the same time to execute, I tink. All Lucas players on Youtube currently suck at the timing, so I'm not too sure.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
PK Thunder stops DjC, so does PK Fire. And no, Lucas's PK Thunder 2 is a little slower, but easier to sweetspot by a lot. His PK Thunder is super cheap, it does more at least equal if not more knockback as Ness's PKT, and it does it OVER AND OVER. It's really a kill move, no joke.

Also, people can't airdodge PK Thunder because its tail is soooo ****ing long, it'll actually end up doing MORE damage to them! ^_^

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Ness never sucked in Melee, Not many people were playing him WELL.

I'm not complaining any more either. It seems that no DJC is actually a good thing. At least he can still swing jump, kinda.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Does it really matter?

Backwards forward airs, running grabs, short hops are shorter... alot less lag...

I dont see much of a problem honestly.

Levitas

the moon
Marvin, I'll check tomorrow what cancels a double jump in terms of b moves. Seems I get a chance at playing it early, after all.

Top Bottom