• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad manner to pummel?

Rlagkrud

Smash Cadet
As marths, you know the situation when your opponent has 150%+, and you just got a grab. I've realized any followup is probably not likely, so I'd like to get as much damage possible. I do this by just pummeling.
My opponents just eventually get tired of mashing, because it takes a good couple seconds of hard core mashing to break out of grabs at such high percents. But once they realize I'm just going to pummel, they start mashing, and I hear that. So I just throw them, and they have awful DI. Also vice versa, if I don't hear any mashing, I just keep pummeling.
Is this bad manner to do? As fellow marths, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

dvatch

Smash Cadet
Yes, pummeling is very bad manners. When me and my friends play, we both pick our characters, pick final destination, and don't move the entire match. For the next 8 minutes, we compliment each other, saying things like, "Wow, your Marth is soo technical!" or "I love you." When the timer runs out, we let the randomly falling bombs decide who wins. Our play styles may not be as cool or flashy as the pros, but me and my friends at least feel the satisfaction of giving each other a fair chance.

import3dguest

Smash Rookie
Pummeling because your opponent isn't mashing out is not bad manners, it's called strategy. Your opponent just needs to git gud, and mash out every time.

Top Bottom