• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic dealing with projectiles?

burntfish44

Smash Cadet
I figure there's information on this out there but i was having trouble finding it, plus i had a couple of specific questions so figured I'd make a new post.

Noob question but I'm having especial trouble right now dealing with projectile spam - occasional projectiles like peach turnips aren't really an issue, its the constant spammable ones I'm having trouble with.

Space animal lasers are mostly annoying but not too too much of an issue.. but campey hyper defensive space animals can be annoying
Marios spamming fireball - can use it defensively or offensively, one of the main ones I'm having trouble with

If they're playing defensive and spamming, what is a good way to go about approaching whithout taking much damage/hitstun from projectiles?

When they're using projectiles as a safe approach, what are some good responses/counter offensive maneuvers?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
You are Marth. You have mobility and a sword. Most projectiles that aren't Fox or Falco lasers can be cut through with FAir(Just don't commit to it). You also have the option to Wavedash OOS for lasers. As for Mario, it's best to treat them like Doc's pills in Melee, since that's basically what they are. All that and playing the patience game is key.

PM Mario's a dumb character, btw.

KingDozie

Smash Journeyman
You can dash attack most important,Powershield,Jab the lasers, and platforms for moving around the lasers.

shadow0x0cloud

Smash Apprentice
When faced with projectiles, marth has to ask 2 questions.

1. Can they be clanked?
If they can be clancked, most likely you will want to jab and return to your marth stuff.

2. Are they slow enough to powershield?
Option number two is the best. Powershield everything. All the time.

If you can do neither of the above options than settle for a wavedash oos. Also remember that smash is a very situation specific game. Meaning you shouldnt always clank with mario's pills for example. At a close range it may be better to wd in for a grab. You can never go wrong with a power shield though.

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
marios pills are usually the only projectile to really annoy me. but like others it takes patience and battle control. if they dont hop fireballs and leave them predictable just walk slow and backstep them. if hes hopping and throwing them right, you can fair to take em out. or crouch cancel dtilt.

Royaxe

Smash Rookie
Most times I'm being spammed by lasers depending on my distance i just jump towards them and hit them with F-air tipper. this works especially well on wolf and falco because of the their lag between lasers. as for fireballs i just swat them away and shield grab if they charge with a dash attack.

Top Bottom