• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Desynchs: Gone

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Having gotten home from playing Brawl, I say with confidence that the Roll and Spotdodge desynchs appear to be sadly gone. I cannot confirm Wobbling as I haven't perfected it yet (note sig :bee:). The time I tried to Blizzard in a grab, Popo d-throw him, though it is possible the timing will change for Brawl with the new physics. Same for Smash out of throw. Nana appears to have a bit more intelligence, not SO much though. Lack of Wavedashing hurts more then I thought it would really...had trouble getting in on a terrible Marth player. We'll see though from here on in....

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Lol, forcing players to learn the pivot desynch? :p

Yeah, this kinda sucks. We know they can desynch, but the fact that the developers decided to go back and eliminate all of are progress is really kind of sad. Did you try chaingrabbing, and is the d-throw still good for chain throwing?

A store near me is getting a copy soon. I too will search for any possible techniques that are still in.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
No I didn't try to chaingrab, I only played ICs once against a Marth and grabbed him only about twice. MAY be possible though from what I could to tell.

Also, I'm sure that there may be SOME form of desynching, I just couldn't figure out a way to trigger it....

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you can desynch by the looks of it

but they had to remover the simple ways of doing it, maybe pivot might work, but i'm pretty sure we can still CG and stuff

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
make up your own desynch grab combos people

grabbing should still be a guaranteed desynch, who cares about cg's or infinites

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Next time you play, I've got something for you to try:

1. In Melee, in addition to holding a command and making Nana act first in a roll/spot-dodge desynch, you could also input a command at the very end of the animation to make Popo act first. Since the holding option is gone, try acting at the end of the animation. Does that still work?

2. Taunting and whiffing a grab both functioned like the oll./dodge desynchs. Try those out.

3. Can you still desynch out of a grounded blizzard by inputting a command at the end of it?

More importantly thought. Just how does IC feel? I've been playing sans wavedashing for the past few days so i don't think the loss will be TOO big. Still, how similiar do they feel to thier Melee counterpart?

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
The Ice Climbers kind of felt overall like a Melee version minus Wavedashing+Brawl mechanics/speed. Though for me at least, it didn't feel very good to lose all that mobility. I won't be playing again for a bit, hopefully when I try them again, I'll be able to adjust better now that I've adjusted to Brawl better. I really like some of their new costumes too.

I also think taunt desync is out, though I'm not 100% on that.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Do they have costumes now, or still color changes? More importantly, any good new taunts?

So I've heard the infinite is gone, etc., but I'm dying to know: what can you do out of a grab? Can Nana still act without Popo throwing during a headbutt?

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
awww man...the only reason my climbers are good is because i can de-synch fast with Rolling and Spot Dodging....
hope i can at least still chain grab O_o

Top Bottom