• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Being Aggressive without being reckless?

GravyJigster

Smash Rookie
So I play a very Baity Squirtle. I tend to weave in and out of my opponent's range, wait for a mistake, then punish with a SS, grab, combo starter, ect. It has worked pretty well against my buddies (We're decent, but far from good), but it does get criticized as being "Campy". I blow it off with general "No excuses" replies, but I kinda agree. If they're not having fun, I'm not having fun.

So I want to learn to be more aggressive. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do it without being reckless. Any tips to aggressive play without just panicking and withdrawing into their grab?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
So I play a very Baity Squirtle. I tend to weave in and out of my opponent's range, wait for a mistake, then punish with a SS, grab, combo starter, ect. It has worked pretty well against my buddies (We're decent, but far from good), but it does get criticized as being "Campy". I blow it off with general "No excuses" replies, but I kinda agree. If they're not having fun, I'm not having fun.

So I want to learn to be more aggressive. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do it without being reckless. Any tips to aggressive play without just panicking and withdrawing into their grab?
wavebounce ss bubbles
ss nair/bair
withdraw onto the top of their shields
use Ctilt
use hydropivots

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Reckless would you going in, and not really thinking about it at all. Always be thinking and play smart and you will easily stray from reckless play in general.

Top Bottom