• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bell Stage-spike?

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
So a little while ago I was playing some friendlies against a friend (he was playing Dr.Mario) on Battlefield. He was in the middle of recovering when I dropped off-stage past him and B-reversed Bell to hit him. But instead of stunning him it just instantly stage-spiked him. He wasn't grabbed on to the ledge, and he hadn't been stunned prior to it btw. I forgot to save a replay of it. I'm not sure as to why it stage-spiked him, I don't remember if he was in contact with the stage at the moment I threw it or what. I figured I'd post this here if anyone wanted to lab it, as many people wish Pac-Man had a spike. I don't have anyone to help me test this so.

Prometheus_98

Smash Rookie
Well. Can you tech during stun? My guess is you can, because you can tech during hitstun, another situation where you are unable to perform any actions. If you can then the tech is next to useless other than shenanigans. If you cannot tech during stun, then pacman basically has a spike.

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
Probably an untechable.
If you get put in hitstun too close to a wall you might bounce off it prematurely, and when that happens it's impossible to tech. It's possible he may have accidentally sdi'ed into the ledge while stunned. Cool, but probably won't be happening outside of freak accidents. I'll help test if you want to confirm.

Joecreak

Smash Rookie
if u are paralyzed from the bell and get stagespiked while it or hit the ground while that paralyzed status u can't tech it no matter what. there is no animation at all which makes a tech possible u just fly away in a wierd angle which is randomly since ur randomly wiggling around while being paralyzed. :D

so there is a trick behind it even if the enemy isnt connected to the stage u can push him with your body against the stage and he'll fly awkwardly away. Almost everyone who see this is confused what happened and u can punish them while they're wondering what just happened.

It's hard to pull off but always expect it when u stun someone with your bell at this point where he can get pushed against the wall/ is right at the wall. :)

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Yesterday, my trainning mate teched the bell against the wall

verbatim

Smash Ace
Yesterday, my trainning mate teched the bell against the wall
How long were you two playing/do you usually practice with each other? Most people don't know exactly when the Bell stun ends so I would assume they wouldn't know when to tech.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
How long were you two playing/do you usually practice with each other? Most people don't know exactly when the Bell stun ends so I would assume they wouldn't know when to tech.
We play a LOT , I only saw it once. It is really hard because it depends on %

But did he tech during the stun? That's the question.
No, he did it when launched

Top Bottom