• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Best 3DS model for big hands?

2DS vs old 3DS XL vs New 3DSXL ?

• 2DS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • old 3DS XL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aVerySneakyBox

Smash Rookie
NNID
boxxku
3DS FC
0001-3530-7749
I just got sm4sh the other day so anyways:
Anyone else experience lag online? When you first played sm4sh on the 3ds did you keep attempting melee tech?my first couple of games were very confusing >_>

2DS vs old 3DS XL vs New 3DSXL ?

Which is more comfortable for big hands and is the extra buttons/stick on the new one worth it just for sm4sh? Does the extra buttons help with certain tech? ( I have the old 3ds cosmos black and my hands are always aching after I play a couple matches ) I'm planning on upgrading soon.

mousethephoenix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mmmmouse
3DS FC
4184-2113-6491
i think they make 3rd party hardware that adds, like, size to the ds. like, a thing the ds slides into that gives it handles. not sure what the rules on ds modifications are.
as for the new buttons on the new 3ds, i don't use them at all (you mean the extra shoulder buttons and the c-stick, yeah?). the extra shoulder buttons can be programmed to grab (i think) and the c-stick is, for me, in too awkward of a spot to use.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Yeah like the post above me says, there are pretty nifty add-ons to the original 3ds that improve its ergonomics. They are definitely excepted in tournaments that allow 3ds.* The add-on accessories usually go for 10-20 bucks, tops. I own the one made by HORI and it helps with comfort pretty well.

Just look up on Amazon or ebay whatever: "3ds Grips" something along the lines of that and see what ya like. Just saying before you spend $200 for comfort. haha

aVerySneakyBox

Smash Rookie
NNID
boxxku
3DS FC
0001-3530-7749
Yeah like the post above me says, there are pretty nifty add-ons to the original 3ds that improve its ergonomics. They are definitely excepted in tournaments that allow 3ds.* The add-on accessories usually go for 10-20 bucks, tops. I own the one made by HORI and it helps with comfort pretty well.

Just look up on Amazon or ebay whatever: "3ds Grips" something along the lines of that and see what ya like. Just saying before you spend $200 for comfort. haha
Omg that is perfect, never knew these things existed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom