• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best character for beginners/new players to begin with?

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Funny how people think smash 4 is a balanced game just because it's new.

Fun fact. The SSB 64 tier list used to have Ness as a high tier. Ness.

People should pick whatever character they enjoy the most if their goal is to have fun. If they just want to win and make some money off people, then they should consider one of the top tiers.

I never understood why some people only like 64.
It's the only game with combos.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Funny how people think smash 4 is a balanced game just because it's new.

Fun fact. The SSB 64 tier list used to have Ness as a high tier. Ness.

People should pick whatever character they enjoy the most if their goal is to have fun. If they just want to win and make some money off people, then they should consider one of the top tiers.

It's the only game with combos.
Not because it's new. There is no clear low tiers. There's few or no characters that you know will be low tier from playing them.

I think everyone knows that so it's not very fun lol

I agree.

Project M, Melee, and Smash 4 have devastating combos as well. What are you saying? How much Melee have you seen?

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
You seem to be missing the point. Ness was high tier at first and now it's low tier and even questionable as a viable character for tourny play. The same thing can happen with Smash 4 as time passes. I'd give this time before making claims about how balanced the game really is.

Follow ups, reads, and chains where the other person was able to move aren't combos. I know that Melee has some combos in the game but they're nothing compared to 64. Smash 4 is even more limited. There is no arguing the greater potential in combos that exist in 64 than melee/smash 4.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
You seem to be missing the point. Ness was high tier at first and now it's low tier and even questionable as a viable character for tourny play. The same thing can happen with Smash 4 as time passes. I'd give this time before making claims about how balanced the game really is.

Follow ups, reads, and chains where the other person was able to move aren't combos. I know that Melee has some combos in the game but they're nothing compared to 64. Smash 4 is even more limited. There is no arguing the greater potential in combos that exist in 64 than melee/smash 4.
Oh I see. Fair enough.

Well you are talking about true combos. Melee has a better or at least more balanced combo system IMO. It really takes a lot of experimentation, improvising, and practice. The reason Melee combos are more hype is because they usually aren't the player doing the same things to win like Kirby with up tilt chains to aerials and Falcon with his up air chain shenanigans. Melee is jjst the most rewarding Smash game man.

M4TT

Smash Cadet
I would agree with melee having the most balanced combo system.

64 is more fun to play imo though.

PKMudkip

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0087-2827-5098
Switch FC
SW-5862-2113-3817
Begginners should use :ness64::pikachu64::yoshi64::mario64::kirby64: to start out in 64. They are all all around characters in my opinion. For Melee:pikachumelee::yoshimelee::falconmelee::kirbymelee::foxmelee::mariomelee:. They are all easy to use when facing friends,but not all are good for competitive play. :mario2::lucas::kirby2::link2::popo::pikachu2::olimar: For Brawl and :4sonic::4shulk::4mario::4villager::4kirby::4littlemac::4pit: For Smash 4.

Top Bottom