• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Legal Stages for Lucas?

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
My Stage Tier List:

S: Duck Hunt, Town and City
A: Final Destination, Smashville,
B: Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Delfino Plaza, Dreamland 64
C: Battlefield, Castle Siege

beany

Smash Rookie
That's a good way to do stage list. Mine is this:

S: Final Destination, Smashville,
A: Duck Hunt, Delfino Plaza
B: Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Town & City
C: Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege

FD and Smashville for zoning. For Duck Hunt, you cant really use Lucas' good offstage/gimp game, but decent for zoning. Delfino is whatever because Uair and Uthrow at lower percents during transformations. Platforms are NOT good for zoning. Dream Land over Battle Field because it's bigger and you have room to breathe against people with better frame data (Yoshi, Luigi).

I dispise Town & City because the platforms are too good for my opponent who can use them to either out-camp or jump over my PKF/Zairs. Low ceiling and lightish weight means you will die early. Also less off-stage game than Smashville.

Halberd's low ceiling, short stage, and uneven surfaces are dangerous. Lylat sucks because of uneven PKF-eating ground, awkward recovery, and platforms to be abused by opponent. However, offstage is alright if you tether back instead of trying to aim your PKT to ledge-snap. And finally Castle Siege allows for virtually no space between you and them. It has the PKF-eating surface, teetering surface that is awful to snap to, walk offs, and a super high ceiling during the statue transformation. The only plus is that the statues give your Up Smash more active frames if they somehow manage to waltz into it (highly unlikely because of the large stage). Hope the explanations helped!

EDIT: Changed the place of Dreamland 64 from top of B to middle of B. Just got back from a tournament, where I learned the very hard way that tethering is your only reliable way to recover there, as the ledge is incredibly difficult to sweetspot and you may just bounce off of the side of the pineapple before recovering. But because I always put tether recovery before PK Come Down Here and Gimp Me, it's not that big of a deal

Last edited:

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
T&C is great for the close blast zones on the sides. You can kill people with forward or back throw starting around 80% on the ledges. Up throw starts to kill fairly early, too (around 120ish%, average), especially if you can bait someone to follow you onto a platform.

Dream Land gives you a low ceiling for up throw/up air, and plenty of off-stage for gimping, which is something Lucas excels at. It also makes it harder for your opponent to kill you sideways due to his ridiculous recovery.

FD/Omegas are good for zoning and extending combos, since there are no platforms for your opponent to run away to. On Omegas with walled sides he can recover from basically any distance by using double PK Thunder.

Smashville is Smashville, but T&C is usually the better Smashville if you're going to Smashville.

Duck Hunt works similarly to FD, but between the dog platform messing up your combos or the ducks eating up your PK Fires you're usually better off avoiding that one.

Battlefield forces you to be up-close and personal with your opponent, which doesn't really do any favors for Lucas against the higher tiers' usually-better frame data. The high-ish ceiling makes it harder to KO with up throw/up air, and the side blast zones means it takes longer to kill with f-smash/forward/back throws, while still not giving you enough space off-stage to work gimps.

Always ban Lylat Cruise. The low platforms make it hard to extend combos, the stage tilting worsens your PK Fire zoning, and recoving with PK Thunder becomes unpredictable.

SpenyEX

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpenyEXP
S: Castle Siege, Final Destination and Omegas,
A: Smashville, Duck Hunt, Town & City,
B: Dreamland 64, Delfino Plaza, Halberd,
C: Battlefield, Lylat Cruise,

Castle Siege has slops and platforms that don't get in the way and can aid in spacing as well as walls to PK Thunder against on the first stage. The second stage has statues that allow for extend the amount of time PK Fire, Up smash and Down smash stays out.

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
This is my opinion on the stages for Lucas

S+:Omega Kalos. It's pretty straight forward why I think this is Lucas's best stage. No platforms to intervene with d-throw jablock combo's, No platforms for the opponent to deal with PK-fire zoning and no wall-jumps even though there is a wall. This is crucial and makes this stage better than regular FD or any FD with walls. You can up-B twice but they can't walljump.

S: Omega with walls. Identical to what's above but your opponent can walljump. Might as well pick Kalos if you can.
S: Halberd. This stage is stupid for Lucas. Even though PK-fire zoning is somewhat limited, your killing precentages aren't. Up-throw can kill 50% earlier than on FD making some matchups, especially those against the lighter characters of the cast extremely daunting for them. Killing RosaLuma at 89% without rage is fair!

A: FD/Other Omega's, Similar to the other FD's but without a reilable double Up-b.
A: Town & City, Lower that average ceiling making Up-throw kill eariler and giving him a true 0-death lock. Platforms aren't always in the way when comboing but can be used to land on mixing your landing
A: Duckhunt. Has walls that you can bounce on. A disruptive but predictable dog that you can use to mix things up. Also has a tree on the right for stalling time when needing to.
A: Lylat Cruise, D-smash and Up-smash and angled f-tilt all hit underneath the stage and can potentially spike the opponent when they try to get back on the stage. Platforms are placed just right making it extremely easy to AC a N-air. The stage tiltng can occasionally ruin your PK-fire zoning so pay attention! This stage is great for Lucas especially when your recovery is on point.

A-: Smashville, This stage doesn't hurt Lucas, but it doesn't really help him either. The platform can help extend combo's but can interrupt them as well. It can add you in gimping but it can safe the opponent as well. Mixed bag imo.

B: Delfino Plaza, Has some disruptive transistions that can slow the game down and force camping, platforms do not help you in any shape or form. Has wall-offs and water that doesn't help Lucas gimp people. The only thing this stage has going for lucas is that extremely low ceiling during certain transistions making him kill eariler than on halberd in certain cases.
B: Dreamland 64. Platforms can help slightly in your combo game but not really. Even though the stage is big enough to zone you can't because people can easily use the platforms to get around it. Also the tree's gust of wind can hit you when you're below the stage tempering with your Up-B and can make you overshoot/undershoot the ledge. And the sides are huge making coming back easy as long as they aren't waiting for you.

D: Castle Siege. This is ugh. First transformation is too small to escape from fighting close quarters which Lucas doesn't want to do. Second transformation has statues that negate any form of zoning and has a wall-off making it impossible to gimp people and the third transformation is Lylat's brother, who is a heroin addict. Why is this stage legal?

F: Battlefield. This is imo Lucas's worst stage. Too little room to zone, Too little room to escape pressure, No easy AC on platforms because of the placement. Blastzones on the sides aren't as close as you would think making b-throw kill extremely late. Highest ceiling so up-throw/D-throw Up-air kills really late. All in all it's bad.

TL;DR
S+:Omega Kalos.
S: Omega's with walls, Halberd
A: FD, Other Omega's, T&C, DH, Lylat
A-: Smashville
B: Delfino. Dreamland 64,
D: Castle Siege
F: Battlefield.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman

S+:Omega Kalos. It's pretty straight forward why I think this is Lucas's best stage. No platforms to intervene with d-throw jablock combo's, No platforms for the opponent to deal with PK-fire zoning and no wall-jumps even though there is a wall. This is crucial and makes this stage better than regular FD or any FD with walls. You can up-B twice but they can't walljump.

S: Omega with walls. Identical to what's above but your opponent can walljump. Might as well pick Kalos if you can.
S: Halberd. This stage is stupid for Lucas. Even though PK-fire zoning is somewhat limited, your killing precentages aren't. Up-throw can kill 50% earlier than on FD making some matchups, especially those against the lighter characters of the cast extremely daunting for them. Killing RosaLuma at 89% without rage is fair!

A: FD/Other Omega's, Similar to the other FD's but without a reilable double Up-b.
A: Town & City, Lower that average ceiling making Up-throw kill eariler and giving him a true 0-death lock. Platforms aren't always in the way when comboing but can be used to land on mixing your landing
A: Duckhunt. Has walls that you can bounce on. A disruptive but predictable dog that you can use to mix things up. Also has a tree on the right for stalling time when needing to.
A: Lylat Cruise, D-smash and Up-smash and angled f-tilt all hit underneath the stage and can potentially spike the opponent when they try to get back on the stage. Platforms are placed just right making it extremely easy to AC a N-air. The stage tiltng can occasionally ruin your PK-fire zoning so pay attention! This stage is great for Lucas especially when your recovery is on point.

A-: Smashville, This stage doesn't hurt Lucas, but it doesn't really help him either. The platform can help extend combo's but can interrupt them as well. It can add you in gimping but it can safe the opponent as well. Mixed bag imo.

B: Delfino Plaza, Has some disruptive transistions that can slow the game down and force camping, platforms do not help you in any shape or form. Has wall-offs and water that doesn't help Lucas gimp people. The only thing this stage has going for lucas is that extremely low ceiling during certain transistions making him kill eariler than on halberd in certain cases.
B: Dreamland 64. Platforms can help slightly in your combo game but not really. Even though the stage is big enough to zone you can't because people can easily use the platforms to get around it. Also the tree's gust of wind can hit you when you're below the stage tempering with your Up-B and can make you overshoot/undershoot the ledge. And the sides are huge making coming back easy as long as they aren't waiting for you.

D: Castle Siege. This is ugh. First transformation is too small to escape from fighting close quarters which Lucas doesn't want to do. Second transformation has statues that negate any form of zoning and has a wall-off making it impossible to gimp people and the third transformation is Lylat's brother, who is a heroin addict. Why is this stage legal?

F: Battlefield. This is imo Lucas's worst stage. Too little room to zone, Too little room to escape pressure, No easy AC on platforms because of the placement. Blastzones on the sides aren't as close as you would think making b-throw kill extremely late. Highest ceiling so up-throw/D-throw Up-air kills really late. All in all it's bad.

TL;DR
Yeah I used to be on the "immediately ban Lylat" train of thought until I realized how much mileage he can get out of the thin ledges. The stage tilts are still not horribly bad for PK Fire, and even then you have zair to space/harass.

Is it a bug, or something, that wall jumps aren't possible on Omega Kalos?

Every time my opponent wants to gentleman to Battlefield I'm like "Lol no, how 'bout Town and City?" and they're like "Lol sounds good". I'm silently laughing on the inside.

Last edited:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
So apparently we got nothing this patch. sigh

Edit: My b thought this was the social thread.

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Even though Battlefield stinks for Lucas I have noticed that at 0 percent you can down throw to Nair onto the platform and regrab right after doing it. So at least there is that.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Even though Battlefield stinks for Lucas I have noticed that at 0 percent you can down throw to Nair onto the platform and regrab right after doing it. So at least there is that.
You can also pressure with nair if the opponent is on a platform, but that's not really Battlefield exclusive, so... it's still kind of a ****ty stage for Lucas. The best I can think of as a pro for Battlefield is down smash at the ledge is extra strong because of the thin ledge, making it work in much the same way as it does on Lylat.

Lunacywastaken

Smash Cadet
NNID
lunacywastaken
S: FD
A: Town & City, Smashville, Halberd
B: Dreamland 64, Lylat Cruise
C: Battlefield

I pretty much agree with what MrWhYYZ said, kudos to him.

Last edited:

Hath

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trollburger

TL;DR
For the S+, replace Omega Kalos with Omega Pac-Land. Kalos has been patched and you can now jump off of the walls. Pac-Land is still unpatched, if I remember correctly, and you can double PKT. I definitely have to agree with your choices, I'm just so iffy about Lylat. I guess it's just from inexperience of playing Lucas on the stage and constantly getting gimped while playing other characters. Maybe zair/rope snake makes the stage actually good for him compared to others.

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
For the S+, replace Omega Kalos with Omega Pac-Land. Kalos has been patched and you can now jump off of the walls. Pac-Land is still unpatched, if I remember correctly, and you can double PKT. I definitely have to agree with your choices, I'm just so iffy about Lylat. I guess it's just from inexperience of playing Lucas on the stage and constantly getting gimped while playing other characters. Maybe zair/rope snake makes the stage actually good for him compared to others.
You're right, I've switched to Omega Pac-land for this reason. And for Lylat, it's practice I SD more frequently on Smashville getting that awkward wallbounce to my doom than I do on Lylat. Nothing says "Haha" more than recovering from the blastzone on lylat by going straight up and making it and seeing other characters getting caught underneath it. Lucas rarely has that problem because you actually wallbounce against under the stage into freefall and using magnethands to slide to the ledge. Now thanks to the patch Lylat is even better. D-throw N-air Regrab D-throw N-air, N-air U-air now does 62% instead of 50% >.<

Top Bottom