• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowsercide wins on Dream Land 64

Leg

Smash Cadet
NNID
SeduKtriss
I was labbing combos with my boyfriend who mains Bowser, and when he Flying slammed me for my final stock instead of me winning, it went to sudden death.

There he Bowsercided again and I won as usual. But it was still weird so we labbed it again.

We found out that:
1. It only works on Dreamland 64
2. It will always take you to Sudden death
3. If done in sudden death, highest port wins (port priority)
4. The characters we tried it on was Peach, but it actually doesn't matter who the victim is.

What do you Bowser mains think?

Here's a video. And my boyfriend made a Reddit post. I'll post it in a sec.

Last edited:

bushaheen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hamager
wow thats quite impressive so that you discovered that but im pretty sure sudden death is banned from tournaments and instead the one with lower percent wins (i think im not sure)

Leg

Smash Cadet
NNID
SeduKtriss
I could have swore it was whoever's move resulted in the sudden death won. And that Sudden death will never be played. Either way, interesting to know.

bushaheen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hamager
you could always ask in tournament about that rule or atleast that is what i will do since you just gave me a new counter pick to play in (i always hated dreamland because of the wind but because of your great discovery i will try to play it more)

Leg

Smash Cadet
NNID
SeduKtriss
XD glad I could help. But yeah, it def opens some options if it's allowed. And it only works on Dreamland 64. Not sure why.

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
Typically the rule is that if it go to sudden death you play a 1 stock 3 minute match. The lower percentage only applies in cases where you time out.

Over all though this is pretty dope. Good to know we have one more stage to pull off shenanigans. Even if we don't do it last stock, If we do it when we are a stock ahead, it means characters like villager can't recover.

Last edited:

pitfall356

Smash Apprentice
Wait, so that's the generally accepted rule now? Suicide KOs just do a rematch upon sudden death? Christ, that's awful.

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so that's the generally accepted rule now? Suicide KOs just do a rematch upon sudden death? Christ, that's awful.
The generally accepted rule isn't like a suicide specific rule. It's just a "if you go to sudden death that doesn't have to do with time, do this." You can see the evo ruleset actually says 2 minutes 1 stock http://evo.shoryuken.com/additional-rules/

pitfall356

Smash Apprentice
Then it sounds like we should raise some alarms and see if we can't get a suicide clause put in. There's no reason to nerf a mid-tier character. Obviously results screen should win but if it goes to sudden death out of a suicide KO then the winner should be move-initiator.

Leg

Smash Cadet
NNID
SeduKtriss
So after more testing I realized something pretty important to winning the bowsercide on dreamland.

Apparently you will lose the bowsercide as normal if you initiate it from the air, or any platform on the stage. If you initiate it from the bottom-most platform (where you'll most likely be fighting anyway) then you will win the bowsercide.

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
So after more testing I realized something pretty important to winning the bowsercide on dreamland.

Apparently you will lose the bowsercide as normal if you initiate it from the air, or any platform on the stage. If you initiate it from the bottom-most platform (where you'll most likely be fighting anyway) then you will win the bowsercide.
This is also the case on smashville. Still i'm rarely on those platforms so this is still a dope find for me.

Leg

Smash Cadet
NNID
SeduKtriss
I haven't done too much testing on smashville, mostly because who dies first seems to be inconsistent. Shiek, for example, wont dies first on smashville.

Top Bottom