• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowsers Fire?

Should Bowsers Fire change?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I love how Bowser just stands there in his "breathing fire" animation for like a full second after firing the projectile.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Saw regular fire during the celebrity match. Poop :/ Oh well, at least we do apparently get customized fireballs

Shök

Smash Champion
Saw regular fire during the celebrity match. Poop :/ Oh well, at least we do apparently get customized fireballs
That or maybe they didn't double tap B? Lol. I can dream. :c

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
That or maybe they didn't double tap B? Lol. I can dream. :c
Actually I'd be very ok with that being the way it works. A tap vs. hold mechanic thingy. But I doubt it. And yes, we can all dream. It gives us hope :')

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Personally, I'd rather just have the breath itself be improved instead of being given a projectile option, if the tap is added though then I'd like the projectile to be a lot better than what was in that clip. Sure the hitbox is nice, but there's almost 0 stopping power, especially if Bowser is stuck in an animation after doing it; If it always fires three like it did there, then that's even worse, especially if they only fly straight, talk about punishable. Of course, since it's still kinda early then perhaps that's only an early build and the final version will be improved.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Bowser custom neutral-B at 2:25, in the form of Fireballs! Thought it would be nice to share it.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834

Bowser's Fire has gotten a buff in its length and power (0:04)

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
There aren't enough people in here talking about how great that buff is.
I exclaimed in a different thread that it covers half of Battlefield :)

It's greater than I thought it was gonna be. The end lag is short, you can use it to edge guard OFF STAGE.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Not to mention that it's still B-Reversable so we still get some potentially useful mix-ups with it in the air.

Shök

Smash Champion
I love his new fire. It's amazing. For a second I thought you could still flame cancel cause of how fast it started up.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I love his new fire. It's amazing. For a second I thought you could still flame cancel cause of how fast it started up.
It's great how they overall "trimmed the fat" on all of Bowser's frame data. He really had some unnecessarily long animations for certain moves, especially firebreath. Seeing how good this new firebreath is, I Bowser will get to play his anti-offensive game a lot more often now since he can poke from halfway across most stages. Also, SDI being toned down as much as it apparently has, makes it even better still, since you can't get punished for actually hitting the opponent with it as easily as you could in previous games.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Bowser looks and feels amazing to play as now. I can't wait to main him and him actually get the respect he deserves!

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I just had an idea, what if return fire is actually viable this time around because of the new ledge mechanics? Maybe a ledge trump into a DJ back to stage with a B-reverse fire when you land and then you're breathing fire at them and they have to get back to the ledge or back onstage again. Seems like it might be one of Bowser's new edgeguard techniques, he might not even need to double jump since his get-up options seem a lot quicker now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom