• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Bungie Jumping", New AT(Vid)

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
lol i was also messing around with the up-b but i didn´t figured out how to use it well since popo is offguard when you normally use it ;)

pretty nice.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
This is pretty legit.

@shmot
Olimar players can't do this. This is essentially extending invincibility frame time, and is probably the best ways for IC's to refresh invincibility frames.

I like this. :x

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Interesting. I dunno if I'd call it an AT, but it seems to be quite a useful Belay application.

So why's it called Bungie Jumping? XD

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Uh. But it doesn't look like bungie jumping at all.

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong thing/looking at it the wrong way. :/

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
That wasn't the point. They did it so the acronym could be used as a joke.
When you bungee jump you go down and then come back up. This is similar to what Popo does. I noticed the acronym after I made the video. I don't like the Acronym lol

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I agree with e_alert, I'm not sure this is an AT as opposed to just a really effective way to edgehog. I'm quite fond of gimping people (something SuSa seems to understand), so I'll definitely be trying this out.

But isn't it spelled "bungee"?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@susa: yeah olimar doesnt get the extended invincibilty, but the concept is the same. use upB to grab the edge. ics just do it better.

@funen: yes, it is supposed to be spelt that way...

theunabletable

Smash Lord
@funen: yes, it is supposed to be spelt that way...
Spelt is a type of wheat :p

Anyways, I've done this a couple times, but never realized how long Nana's invincibility frames last for with this O_o

Looks pretty useful.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I am <3 it

This was known but i didnt know it would come in handy like this.

I knew it was known, but didn't know the invincibility frames lasted THAT long. IMOthe way things seem at the moment, Pikachu and IC's are eventually going to make it to top tier. ;O

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I spelled Bungee wrong. For some reason the Halo creator's way of spelling it was stuck in my head lol

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I've always done that "Belay to the edge" thing when the Popo's head is on the stage on Wi-Fi's practice stage, but I've never knew it could really be helpful against certain char's recoveries. xD

Ah, I'll try it against my friends now. :3

The only thing you have to watch out is don't try to move your control stick forward when your partner's on the ledge or else your opponent getting edgehogged might autosweetspot the ledge after the partner gets in the stage.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
oooo i didnt know popo would go that high and avoid getting stage spiked if you did it like that, i occasionally did this to get a kamikaze kill whenever i was a stock up

Top Bottom