• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

c-stick

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
I am curious as to what most DK users set their c-stick to. I would assume that most people keep it set to smash, but I would like to discuss the possibility of setting the c-stick to attack. We all know that DK has beastly tilts and it could possibly be more useful to have te c-stick for tilts instead of smashes.

I would like to discuss the advantages/disadvantages of each way. I have always used smash for the c-stick on DK but I recently tried switching to tilts and it seems useful.

/discuss

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I am curious as to what most DK users set their c-stick to. I would assume that most people keep it set to smash, but I would like to discuss the possibility of setting the c-stick to attack. We all know that DK has beastly tilts and it could possibly be more useful to have te c-stick for tilts instead of smashes.

I would like to discuss the advantages/disadvantages of each way. I have always used smash for the c-stick on DK but I recently tried switching to tilts and it seems useful.

/discuss

I've been constantly thinking if I should ultimately switch C sticking with Tilt Sticking.

Peach and DK have some pretty good cons to go with it, in addition to still being able to use aerials the same way.

:dk2:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I've also thought of using Tilt-Stick. I keep mine on Smash, but the ability to just do f-tilts and especially d-tilts in odd situations (like walking the opposite direction, then doing it) sounds really nice too. C-sticking d-smashes is so great too though... I can't imagine always doing it with A button. Especially doing something like d-smash OoS would be harder.

@PG, Cons? I think you mean Pros?

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
So, I tried using the Tilt-stick and I've noticed a few things that are different about my play.
1. Dsmash is now lacking and I use it much less often >.> baddd
2. Ftilt is easier and gets even more use!
3. Nairs instead of Bairs sometimes because of a tendency to do Bairs by tilting the c-stick in a back-down direction.... a lot more Nairs and messed up Bairs (For those who don't know, all the diagonal directions now do a Nair instead of whatever they did before)
4. I sometimes jump when I dont want to if the c-stick doesn't return to neutral position.
5. Have to turn around no matter what. If you are facing right and c-stick left you jab combo instead of turn around and fsmash to the left. Kinda gets annoying... but I imagine isn't a problem once you get used to it
6. slightly easier dtilts and utilts

Thats all the difference I can think of, everything else is pretty much the same, except maybe some ledge stuff but that isn't really that noticeable for now anyway

The main problem is the Dsmash

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
meh, i use wii-chuck. So my d-pad is my c-stick, but weird thing about my controls is that down on d-pad is my jump. it makes short hop easier cause i can just roll down on d-pad to a.

So i cant use down smash on d-pad, and getting down smash when i want to and getting down tilt when i want to is not that hard. But maybe cause i have gotten used to it. Also i play with tab jump on, but up tilts are no sweat, just conditioning is all it takes.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I've also thought of using Tilt-Stick. I keep mine on Smash, but the ability to just do f-tilts and especially d-tilts in odd situations (like walking the opposite direction, then doing it) sounds really nice too. C-sticking d-smashes is so great too though... I can't imagine always doing it with A button. Especially doing something like d-smash OoS would be harder.

@PG, Cons? I think you mean Pros?
LMAO.

OMG WOW.

Yeh, I'm tarded. And this is after finding out "Wow, Ivan, you write at a collage graduate level."

:peach:

Top Bottom