• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CCSL presents: King Of the Combo 64, SLO MOVED TO SUNDAY

ismokeherbz

Smash Journeyman
King of the Combo​
64​

Presented by: Central Coast Smash League

Where:
Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo, ca

When:
May 31st (Sunday) UPDATED FOR SCSA PEOPLE
Friendlies: 10am
Signups: 11am
Doubles start at noon, singles will follow

Rules:

* $10 entry for singles; $10 for teams ($5 each)
* Best 2 out of 3 (3 out of 5 for semis; 4 out of 7 for finals)
* Double Elimination
* 5 stock
* 11 minute time limit
* Items are turned off
* Handicaps are off
* The first match is selected randomly excluding Yoshi's Island, Sector Z, Planet Zebes, and Mushroom Kingdom. Players may agree on a stage to play first,

*Banned: Mushroom Kingdom, Sector Z, Yoshi's Island, Zebes (?)

* The loser of each match picks the stage for the next match excluding the illegal stages listed above.

* If Saffron City is selected on the first round and one of the players is using Ness, he or she may request a re-pick.

* However, if the Ness player wins the match, his/her opponent may counterpick Saffron City.

* For the first match, characters are chosen double-blind - at the same time, so that neither player knows their opponent's character beforehand.

* Players may re-pick characters after each match. However, the loser of each match gets to pick last (known as slob picks).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There will also be a $5 melee side event, that follows the normal melee tournament ruleset.

T1g3rbombz

Smash Journeyman
do you have a list of whose going or expected to go? How much does first place get

ismokeherbz

Smash Journeyman
Turnout is just getting bigger and bigger though a couple people cant make it due to SCSA they want me to move it to sunday,

what do you guys think? The date has already been set so I don't want to cause any problems but I want everyone that wants to come to be able to make it...

T1g3rbombz

Smash Journeyman
is more ppl able to come on sat or sunday? not an estimate but more of a definitive answer

D

Deleted member

Turnout is just getting bigger and bigger though a couple people cant make it due to SCSA they want me to move it to sunday,

what do you guys think? The date has already been set so I don't want to cause any problems but I want everyone that wants to come to be able to make it...

I personally think you should keep it to Saturday. Most of the SCSA's are Melee/ Brawl players and about 90% of them probably won't come even if it is a Sunday. By moving it to Sunday you screw people over who can only come on Saturday.

Top Bottom