• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabbing Snake (or heavy characters)

Luju

Smash Rookie
Against Snake, i heard there's a chance when bthrow hobbling that he can drop a grenade if you time it incorrectly. However there's a chaingrab that prevents him from dropping a grenade and racks up more damage.

Sorry no video, but i'll try to explain as best as i can. It's pretty simple.
Popo grabs snake, and does a normal dthrow to Nana grab.
Nana does a dthrow, and while the animation for the dthrow if going, you control Popo to dash forward and do a pivot grab.
Popo should be grabbing Snake right now, so you just repeat the cycle:
-Popo dthrow
-Nana grab
-Nana dthrow
-Popo dashing pivot grab

This racks up more damage that hobbling and is more safe. The timing for heavy characters doesn't change very much.

The animation for grabbing Snake (or heavy characters) takes a longer time to finish so you have enough time to do a dashing pivot grab with Popo. If you just try it out, you'll see the timing. It's really easy to do.

You can chaingrab all heavy characters this way, and all medium weight characters too. Lighter ones such as Meta Knight you can just use the normal dthrow-bthrow chaingrab.

If this has already been proved to be useless, or in the wrong thread, sorry and feel free to lock/move/whatever it is.

-Luju

swordgard

Smash Hero
Against Snake, i heard there's a chance when bthrow hobbling that he can drop a grenade if you time it incorrectly. However there's a chaingrab that prevents him from dropping a grenade and racks up more damage.

Sorry no video, but i'll try to explain as best as i can. It's pretty simple.
Popo grabs snake, and does a normal dthrow to Nana grab.
Nana does a dthrow, and while the animation for the dthrow if going, you control Popo to dash forward and do a pivot grab.
Popo should be grabbing Snake right now, so you just repeat the cycle:
-Popo dthrow
-Nana grab
-Nana dthrow
-Popo dashing pivot grab

This racks up more damage that hobbling and is more safe. The timing for heavy characters doesn't change very much.

The animation for grabbing Snake (or heavy characters) takes a longer time to finish so you have enough time to do a dashing pivot grab with Popo. If you just try it out, you'll see the timing. It's really easy to do.

You can chaingrab all heavy characters this way, and all medium weight characters too. Lighter ones such as Meta Knight you can just use the normal dthrow-bthrow chaingrab.

If this has already been proved to be useless, or in the wrong thread, sorry and feel free to lock/move/whatever it is.

-Luju
This was already known and is not useless. I use it sometimes to turn around(i often mix up cgs), but i would rather try not to rely on it. Dashing=1% chance trip which sometimes=loss of cg.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
either just extra practice CG against snake, othervise it´s probably best to CG to ledge for NTspike, and not for the KO, but the big advantage in position.

Snake will need to up-B to meteorcancel, so predicting (not sure of how possible it´s to do on reaction) where he will be high up enough to do his down B can lead to another Nanaspike, which makes it harder for snake to recover. ;_; Wants some snakepractice...

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
I personally just Dthrow CG to the edge and by then have about 30-35% and just meteor smash, why would you have to change directions ever?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
i cg snake with dthrow fthrow or dthrow dthrow im trying to get some help from Lain

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I personally just Dthrow CG to the edge and by then have about 30-35% and just meteor smash, why would you have to change directions ever?
Meteor smashing to end a CG is not that reliable. First, they can DI the hit into the stage and tech it to survive. Second, given the ease with which many characters can recover in Brawl, all they need to do is meteor cancel (not that hard). Nana's F-air is not strong enough to kill someone outright (i.e. no chance to effectively meteor cancel) until high percents, when a charged U-smash at the end of a CG will usually kill anyway.

Back on-topic: Snake's mechanics upon being thrown in any direction are quite weird, however I've found it is possible to do B-throw to D-throw on him. The timing is strict, but then again, when is it not for CGs? In addition, B-throws after the first one are perhaps a bit easier to pull off because Nana is in a different position after D-throwing to Popo (she is slightly behind him, meaning her pivot grab will have a bit more range behind them as Popo B-throws again).

Top Bottom